Could Mexico or Canada host a succesful Gold Cup?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Crazy_Yank, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    You better bet your last dime that I would have PLENTY of stuff on me that would identify me as a Costa Rican. What's the point of going to a foreign country to support your NT if you're not going to wear the colors? :confused:

And I would still feel as safe as a baby. Not to say that I would be careless, just as I wouldn't be careless anywhere else.

Your stereotypes and ridiculous assertions are just laughable.

2. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    stereotypes ? ridiculous assertions ? i posted facts on how certain people are treated in mexico get it right or prove me wrong since you think its stereotypes and ridiculous assertions. the things i said that goes on in mexico are known facts buddy. you've never been to a game in mexico yet you trying to convince me you'll be safe as a baby wearing your costa rican colors. we got some real psychic's on this forum lol thats actually ridiculous. come on man you're just saying things for the sake of saying it. anybody can say they would feel safe anywhere until they're actually there. safe as a baby when you never been there. thats funny..how safe is a baby at a mexican game since you know :D

i would feel safe as a baby right now walking around Afghanistan with a U.S flag. see how easy that is ;) why ? because i said for the sake of saying it just to prove my point lol

responding to you is just a waste of time.

this happened in the houston but this Panamanian fan was safe as baby when the beer cups landed on his chest right ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxw1qqMYZzw"]YouTube - Fight During Mexico Soccer Game in Houston (7-9-09) pt.1[/ame]

he was safe as a baby too lol attacked for supporting the U.S in the U.S now just imagine if he was in mexico.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtZruqYC6ns"]YouTube - mexican soccer fans get mad[/ame]

3. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you've been to a grand total of how many games?

Really, guy?

4. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Dude, we get it, you are convinced that if you ever leave your mom's basement (or is it a double wide trailer?) to go watch a futbol game in the real world you'll get mugged, or stabbed, or something, and that's fine, sad and pathetic, but fine.

Feel free to keep screaming to the wind about all those nasty mexicans and their horrible behavior towards anyone that dares step inside their stadiums. The rest of us will just laugh at your ignorance and move on.

Anyway, since talking to you is like talking to a rather thick brick wall, I think I'll just leave it here.

Toodles :)

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair to Mikey, I took my mother to a bundesliga game once and she's was terrified the entire time.

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Silly me. I though that when I was walking around during the Mexico-Costa Rica game in Mexico City and saw lots of Costa Rican fans walking around, eating and drinking in restaurants and having a hard time, they were Costa Rican fans having fun. I didn't know they were actually ghosts of Costa Rican fans that took one step in Mexico and were immediately raped and murdered. Thank god some carribean dude who has never been to a game in Mexico was there to inform me of that. :rolleyes:

7. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    As soon as they open their mouths (assuming that someone speaks Spanish,) yes:p

Most people in stadiums all over the world (MLS excepted of course) are low-class, and have often had too much to drink. Most middle-class fans (if they go to the stadium at all) usually look for the pricey seats.

8. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfwomuK3E8&feature=player_embedded#at=187"]YouTube - USA vs. Argentina: Fans Fight after the Game...[/ame]

Guess i'd be pretty scared if i was a kid at a usa game

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Now that everyone's said their piece, back on topic.

10. Free Glass

Free Glass Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Allow me:
    Yeah, considering the FMF's plan to sell the U-17 world cup (Porque, cómo vendes Australia vs Ghana?) I think its doable.
    Canada, yes. Mexico, yes.
    ...The North American Big 3 can definately host the Gold Cup.

11. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    br0, to be fair, there are Argentines in that game. They are very well known to be the extreme hooligans this side of the pond.

And, +1 on the Pixies reference!!!
    :cool:

Can Mexico do it? ******** yeah. Infrastructure, check, millions of home support that will bring millions in revenue, check, fans caring for other teams, not soo much. Unless its the chance to boo at the US, I doubt anyone cares.

Give Canada the chance. Shit, why the ******** not? As a Mexican fan, I would like to see other nations host this, outside of Mexico, even. It does add legitimacy and give other nations a higher chance to compete.

12. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    I don't think it is a fail. CONCACAF is smart enough to know that the USA is the only country where large crowds of fans for most of the teams will be able to attended. In the end only Euro Cup and the World Cup have a large amount of teams in them that can draw crowds and that neutral fans actually care about watching. No one wants to watch New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Qatar, or Ghana play in some crappy regional tournament, thus you get very little coverage of these tournaments outside of local media.

13. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Copa America has pretty good attendance where ever is hosted.

14. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    That is what makes it a huge fail. Attendance should not be put above creating a real regional tournament, unless all you care about is money instead of developing and improving the region's futbol.

15. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ding! ding! ding!

Under the premise that money is needed to help develop and improve the region's futbol, that's what they do. You can chose whether or not you believe their intentions, but that is their only goal for now, make the most money.

The US makes the most money, partly because in Mexico people are a lot more selective with the futbol they watch (people rather watch any two 1st division teams than some of the GC matchups) but mostly because there are less immigrants. So people just won't go to some of these games. Truth is they wouldn't either in the US, but the double header smudges those numbers.

Also, the NATS have only won half the time when it is on their own turf, (MEX 3, CAN 1) so there really isn't a lot of motivation from that end. Where as if it was held in Mexico, everyone knows Mexico is winning that edition.

/p