Could Brian Bliss leave for the Crew?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Jul 13, 2005.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    With Andrulis finally out of Columbus, Brian Bliss has to be considered a good candidate for the vacancy. He already works for HSG, he has interviewed for coaching positions before and he is fully qualified.

It sure would suck to lose a good coach from our staff, but Brian probably deserves the chance should he want it.

2. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we'll see the resurgence of Sigi now that the U20's are done with their competition cycle. I would think it's his to choose if he likey.

I also wouldn't put MoJo out of the equation for the Crew if Sigi decides to pass and we start getting to the Bliss', Myrneck's etc... I'm sure Dave Dir will pop up somewhere as well before Bliss.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'd personally be pissed if after all those years of Andrulis, they brought in Brian Bliss. I'd be looking for someone with head coaching experience, and probably someone outside the US good-ol' boy network. I think MLS experience is way overrated. That's why we have GM's and assistant coaches. I'd like to see some new styles brought into the league.

4. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont blame him. like anything, you dont want to be #2 forever. at some point he has to make the move and this is as good an opportunity as any. I think Sigi will get it if he wants it, but outside of him, Bliss has just as good a chance as Dave Dir, etc.

What is interesting to me is, who will become our new asst.? I would love to see Preki go into coaching, but some people on here have suggested that that does not seem likely.