Costa Rica MNT, News & Comments - Part IV

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by aguimarães, Jan 20, 2010.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    China’s Plans for Costa Rica Stadium Not up to Expectations

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    isn't that article a bit outddated?

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    China traerá a Costa Rica base del equipo que fue a Copa Asia

4. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Ricardo Lavolpe calls up 24 players for our friendlies against China and Argentina.

Porteros
    Esteban Alvarado (AZ Alkmaar, Holanda)
    Keylor Navas (Albacete, España)
    Donny Grant (San Carlos)

Defensas
    Gilberto Martínez (Sampdoria, Italia)
    Dennis Marshall (Aalborg BK, Dinamarca)
    Michael Umaña (Chivas USA, Estados Unidos)
    Junior Díaz (Brujas, Bélgica)
    Bryan Oviedo (FC Nordsjaelland, Dinamarca)
    Dave Myrie (Limón FC)
    Óscar Duarte (Saprissa)
    Johnny Acosta (Alajuelense)
    Pedro Leal (Puntarenas FC)

Volantes
    Michael Barrantes (Aalesunds FK, Noruega)
    Cristian Bolaños (FC Copenhague, Dinamarca)
    David Guzmán (Saprissa)
    Celso Borges (Fredrikstad, Noruega)
    Randall Brenes (Cartaginés)
    Heiner Mora (Santos)

Delanteros
    Joel Campbell (Puntarenas FC)
    César Elizondo (Pérez Zeledón)
    Bryan Ruiz (Twente, Holanda)
    Marcos Ureña (FC Kuban Krasnodar, Rusia)
    Álvaro Saborío (Real Salt Lake, Estados Unidos)
    Josué Martínez (Saprissa)

I like this team but Randall Azofeifa and Pablo Herrera should have been called up. I also like Joel Campbell being called up even if it means missing the U-20 WCQ....our U-20 team isn't well coached anyways and i think Lavolpe realized that.

5. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Costa Rica hosted China in the inaugural event for the new national stadium.

An impressive fireworks display started out the event in San José.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msp__LDDU8g"]YouTube - 2011. Evento de Inauguración del Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica[/ame]

The match ended in a 2-2 draw. Here are the Costa Rican goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Gi05K0vxo"]YouTube - Costa Rica 1-0 China (2-2 FT) 26/03/11[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF91Ikl8pgQ"]YouTube - Costa Rica 2-0 China (2-2 FT) 26/03/11[/ame]

6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Great inaugural! Too bad our players showed no heart or skill at all during the whole match. Hopefully we can perform better against Argentina and play well even if we lose:D.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wait wait.. when yall play teams like USA, Mexico, and Honduras, will yall be using this stadium??

because if so.. I do not see any kind of home field advantage, compared to a Saprissa stadium. It's a nice stadium don't get me wrong, but it doesn't strike fear like Saprissa's stadium does.

Saprissa Stadium is much more on top of you, closer. It also generates a lot of noise and movements. and the field is also one only the Costa Rican players no how to use to their advantage.

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    i'm not sure but if we want to qualify and prove that we are a strong team we should be able to play anywhere....i was upset when i heard Lavolpe and a few players talking about using the Saprissa stadium over one bad result against China in our new stadium...but im sure if we beat Argentina tommorow (highly unlikely) then everyone will change their mind. IMO we should use the Nacional since it has a beautiful pitch and there won't be any of those stupid "artificial field" excuses from the other teams.

PS. Our press and fans are pathetic....they care more about Messi and Argentina than they do about our NT:mad:.

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    This game should be free to watch here in the usa

10. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Saprissa Stadium is falling into pieces, we should play everygame at the National Stadium. Lavolpe wasn't complaining about the stadium but about the attitude of the fans that where whistling very soon into the game.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    idk.. I think for games like Mexico and Honduras, Nacional is way to go,, but Saprissa should be used for USA games.. cuz I really don't see any team havng problems on that field.

12. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    :( i had to pay the ppv 25 bucks on U-verse

LOL and messi didnt even play.... but we kinda knew he wasnt gonna play.....

i heard a rumor that the tickets are crazy expensive for nacional ?? well im only asking cause that makes it hard for everyone to go cheer on their team when they play there?

btw, boring game.... booooo

and then when saborio missed that one chance to make that gol in the 1st half ...... sea tonto!! ---sorry but he only plays good when he's playing with mls....not hating just sayin....

but beautiful stadium, cant wait til i go see it myself!

13. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hey guys,

Is the uniform you guys used against Argentina your new home kit? If so it looks great.

14. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    I really like the black and white striped uniform, but as a second kit. The red, blue and white should always be our main kit.

15. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    you should check out the south amer WCQs then.:p

agreed.

does cr have their red kits updated or coming out with one soon?

btw, what happened to Morado?

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Can anyone post some youtube clips of this game if possible?

17. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the new stadium.it looks awesome. messi sucks for not playing.

18. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Good result against Argentina "B" who is still a world class team compared to most of our players (except Navas, Ruiz, Tuma, and Bolanos of course:D) but i would've prefered seeing Messi and San Zanetti on the pitch. I don't think we were great as some press and fans are making out to be....but i thought we were good tactically and how all the players played with heart after the bad performance against China. We still need a lot of work if we want to compete at the top of the CONCACAF with USA and Mexico and if we want to perform outside our area like our 1990 and 2002 teams. Hope we keep growing and see a competitive team under Lavolpe.

Great individual performances by Navas, Marshall, Ruiz, Bolanos, and Saborio....i think the only player that was horrible was Celso Borges but glad to see first timers like Duarte and Acosta play with heart and no fear.

19. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdejnzF3us"]YouTube - Costa Rica vs Argentina 0-0 Full Match Highlights 30-03-2011[/ame]

20. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Victor Hugo Morales talks well about Costa Rica and praises Bryan Ruiz, Cristian Bolanos, Dennis Marshall, Alvaro Saborio, Bryan Oviedo, and Tuma Martinez.
    http://www.navegalo.com/yashinquesa...a-pero-lo-que-tenia-era-de-primer-nivelq.html

The people from Radio Rivadavia of Argentina praise Bryan Ruiz...and also talk well about Keylor Navas, Cristian Bolanos, and Alvaro Saborio.
    http://everardoherrera.com/index.ph...baro-audio&catid=82:seleccion-mayor&Itemid=79

Hope this motivates Lavolpe and our players!

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Impressive (and typical.) Entertaining and great technique from Saborio, Bolaños, and co., good service from the midfield, strong goalkeeping, and glaring holes in the defense. At the very least we should be able to reach Brazil.

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
  23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I wonder if any of you Costa Ricans watched the Twente v PSV game. Ruiz came on in the 60. minute and the impact that had on the fans, but also on the game was immense. It would have made you feel very proud I imagine.

24. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I've been following his career since he left Alajuela for Belguim. He's our best (and only real) striker, I just wish he could put in the same performances for the national team that he does for Twente. He has an amazing workrate but apparently has been having recurring injury problems(?)

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This season he had his injury problems. Last season he pretty much won the league for Twente.

It's just amazing the psychological impact he had for Twente on saturday. The home crowd were totally psyched, and our opponent PSV was crapping their pants. Ruiz .has amazing interaction with the home crowd, he himself said so after the game.