Costa Rica MNT 2008, news & comments -PART II

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by Matt12, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I agree. Not sure about South Africa 2010 but he would do us well here.

2. worldsoccer217

worldsoccer217 New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Add to that a few of the international players like Azofeifa, Morsink and Bolanos to see if they can be called for the Hex. You take alot of these players that Kenton will probably never call in the future.

I like Kenton's work but I second guess some of his pick for the UNCAF. Didn't Segares have surgery and was out for this?

3. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Kenton said Segares was going to the UNCAF so he can stay in game shape for the qualifiers since the MLS season won't start for a few more months. I would've liked to have seen some of the abroad players but they probably weren't loaned by their clubs since most of them are starters or at least play a lot of minutes...The UNCAF isn't a FIFA Date tournament so that didn't help... Morsink probably didn't get called up because he didn't play much after his concussion wit Wizards.

4. Deportivo Saprissa redded

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Hey everyone! I heard about this site for soccer fans and I thought they were talking about Xtratime but turns out I was wrong. It looks a little complicated but I think I will manage.

Now, how do I go upgrading my profile?

5. Deportivo Saprissa redded

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
  6. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    We have a friendly match with Venezuela next week --17 de enero---to help us get prepared for Honduras coming up. Anyone follow el futbol de Venezuela and if they are of any challenge?

7. Deportivo Saprissa redded

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I just saw the news.

Venezuela is, in my opinion, at the level of El Salvador. They rely more on speed on the flanks and set pieces to create any sort of football. They really don't have anyone worth mentioning right now.

I know it's a friendly but if we lose to them, then I would be very worried.

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
  9. Deportivo Saprissa redded

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    WTF?!

So because they can't get their vaccine shots, they can't play in South America. We can forget about anything out of our area with so little time. Belize is occupied in Mexico. Guatemala, Nicaragua, Belize, and Panama are already occupied. There is no point in taking on anyone we already have to play on the hex.

So our best option now is...Canada?!

Why did we wait so long to prepare?

10. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Venezuela's head coach is also the coach of their U-20 team...and they have qualifiers on the 19th...so they declined to play on the 17th. I read somewhere else that we might play Ecuador...but i doubt it...we'll probably end up playing one of our youth teams instead since our Federation sucks at getting friendlies :mad:

11. Deportivo Saprissa redded

Jan 3, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I just heard some fcked up news.

Apparently, Napoli (yes, the Napoli of Maradona) made an offer to KAA Gent so they can take Bryan Ruiz for 10.8 million dollars last December.

Bryan Ruiz is just finally finding this out NOW...not only did the club did not tell him shit about any deal, they didn't discuss, want, negotiate, or allowed Ruiz the opportunity to play in such a legendary club like Napoli.

This, all this cancelations for the sele, Armando Alonso no longer going to Europe, etc etc. WTF is going on our football? It is almost like it is all being done on purpose.

12. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Relax.
    1- In all honesty, do we really need fogueos for the UNCAF? I'm thinking we can show up hungover to every game and still finish in the top 3, easy.
    b- Armando Alonso was going to be loaned to a crappy greek team that's fighting relegation. He's much better off staying in Saprissa.
    III- The Napoli deal is a shame, but if Ruiz is consistantly good there will be other opportunities. If he's not, then he probably wouldn't have lasted in Serie A anyway.

13. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Rodrigo Kenton made a new list for the UNCAF...he called up 25 players...which 20 of them will be going to the UNCAF...

Porteros
    Keylor Navas (Saprissa)
    Ricardo González (Herediano)
    Patrick Pemberton (Alajuelense)

Defensas
    Freddy Fernández (Perez Zeledón)
    Roberto Segura (Pérez Zeledón)
    Darío Delgado (Puntarenas FC)
    Michael Umaña (Liberia Mía)
    Daniel Torres (Bryne FK Norway)
    Carlos Johnson (Bryne FK Norway)
    Harold Wallace (Liberia Mía)
    Leonardo González (Herediano)

Medios
    Jorge Davies (Ramonense)
    Pablo Herrera (Alajuelense)
    Josimar Arias (Brujas FC)
    Pablo Brenes (Brujas FC)
    Paolo Jiménez (Brujas FC)
    Michael Barrantes (Saprissa)
    Cristian Oviedo (Alajuelense)
    Oscar Granados (Cartaginés)
    Alvaro Sánchez (San Carlos)

Delanteros
    Steven Calderón (UCR)
    Victor Nuñez (Liberia Mía)
    Jean Carlos Solorzano (Alajuelense)
    Alejandro Alpizar (Saprissa)
    Andy Furtado (Herediano)

This would be my starting 11...

-----------Navas------------
    ---- Fernandez---Umana-------
    Johnson-----------------L.Gonzalez
    -----------Davis (Oviedo)---------
    ----------J.Arias-----------------
    ---P.Herrera------P.Brenes (A.Sanchez)
    -----V.Nunez------A.Alpizar--------

14. ibanez06

ibanez06 Red Card

Jan 1, 2009
    Vice City
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    damn u got redded card so fast

some one should of tolled u of these power abusing TICO mods.:eek:
    thats right i said it. btw isnt the agent of bryan first contacted?? there for he would of tolled him.

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    who are u? didnt you have another user before? why did u create a new one?

16. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    (please excuse the repeat, but I posted my question in the NSR section by accident)

My team, the MLS FC Dallas has just announced the signing of Daniel Torres as a center back. The last time we saw Daniel in MLS he was an outside back, but apparently Rodrigo Kenton thinks him to be the replacement for Victor Cordero.

Daniel is not a young man anymore, but obviously has game if he was playing in Europe this past season. Last year we signed an older defender, (Duilio Davino, ex-Club America, MX), and he had a fairly disappointing year as the physical and running style of MLS did not suit his age or game.

Can anyone of you give me a little insight into Daniel Torres' game and how you see him fitting into MLS as a center back?

Thanks in advance.

17. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Don't really know...last time i ever saw him play was with Real Salt Lake where he had a solid game against Boca Juniors in a friendly...I just know he was a starter in Norway and after the season ended...he had a try out with FC Dallas and impressed...He is being looked at by Rodrigo Kenton as a possible backup for the WCQ in the UNCAF...but will most likely sit on the bench since Freddy Fernandez and Michael Umana seem to be the favorites to start tomorrow against Panama.

18. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Honestly, IMO Daniel Torres is a B squad player for Costa Rica. No way in hell he'll ever be the replacement for Cordero.

19. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Cordero Fxckin stinks.....u havent seen when fast players from outside of CR play against him...

20. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    LOL yea...i hope he never plays for Costa Rica again....i rather play Saborio as our creative midfielder then have Cordero on the team.

Well we play Panama in a couple of hours...i really want to see Carlos Johnson, Jorge Davis, and Josimar Arias throughout the UNCAF to see if they are CRNT material or just club players. Our line-up for tonight will most likely be...

-----------Navas------------
    ----Fernandez----Umana------
    Johnson-------------Leo Gonzalez
    ---------Davis---Oviedo---------
    -----Arias-------------Brenes------
    --------Mambo------Alpizar---------

21. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Nice result....3-0 was too much...but i'm glad we were actually able to take advantage of our opportunities...and see some new players.

Navas - nice stops...always secure...has to be our starter in the HEX...he might real young...but he's by far the best goalkeeper we have.
    Umana - didn't like his game...he is a solid defender..but tonite wasn't as solid as usual...didn't deserve the red card. Should be a backup in the HEX.
    Fernandez - Played ok...at least better than Umana...should be a backup in the HEX.
    Johnson - Played good...not the best of players...but IMO he should back up Roy Myrie in the HEX because he is young...and we need to stop calling up Wallace and Drummond.
    Leo Gonzalez - Solid 1st half...2nd half fell off...good backup for Junior Diaz or Segares in the HEX.
    Granados - Horrible...too slow...made bad passes...recovered the ball at times...but is not NT material.
    Oviedo - at moments recovered and distributed the ball well...but iono if he's NT material...need to see more from him.
    Yosimar Arias - Too bad he left early...was playing really well...and had a great assist on Furtado's 2nd goal. Hope he recovers for Sunday's match.
    Jimenez - bad 1st half...played better in the 2nd half...gotta see him more.
    Alpizar - Bad game...im guessing he was injured because he wasn't the same fast dangerous player he usually is.
    Furtado - Solid 1st half...scored 2 good goals...he's another Saborio...but at least in this match...didn't miss his chances...great way to fight for a spot in the HEX.

Alvaro Sanchez - came in trying too hard to impress...but i liked his game...wasn't scared or nervous in his first match ever with the NT...and never gave up in the goal he scored.
    Pablo Brenes - came in when the game was over...good player...but didn't have enough time to prove himself.
    Pablo Herrera - Same as Brenes

22. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Josimar Arias is out of the UNCAF :(...its too bad because he has worked real hard to leave his bad habits behind over the years and had a great 2008 with Brujas and was playing well last nite until the injury. Deserves another call-up in the future if he keeps playing well with Brujas.
    http://www.monumental.co.cr/noticiaD.aspx?idParrafo=2322

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Pichaso:cool::) Great goal, and good game so far.

24. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    What was up with that Penalty kick you guys missed... damn, it was worst than the one Cheyo missed against you guys.:D

25. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    LOL yea that was ridiculous...i thought Fernandez or Sanchez would take it...but i guess Furtado really wanted to be the top scorer...and looked really bad.

Nice goal by Sanchez...he's earning a spot for the NT...but most likely as a backup. I like Jorge Davis game...recovers the ball well...makes simple passes...doesn't try to hard to impress...just does his job. Ricardo Gonzalez, Roberto Segura, and Pablo Herrera are playing good too. We need to watch out because Guatemala is still a dangerous team even though they are down a man.