Cory Gibbs?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Trackman20, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be completely out of question to try bringing Cory Gibbs in? I realize he will be gone for the World Cup, but in the long run it would be a tremendous pick up for this team. Would he be willing to play MLS?

2. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that he'd sign, but if he did, he'd be immediately looking for the next offer from Europe.

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Why bother with him when Maldini would come for only $ 10 million?

I would actually be totally behind getting Ivan Helguera, but, I don't see that as happening.

4. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this an answer on Jeopardy? Then the question is "name an overrated, half-hearted U.S. soccer player that can't deliver the goods and doesn't belong anywhere near the U.S. national soccer team."

5. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    Dude, I understand you are a little pissed he was never all that pleased to play in Texas, but he deserves to start alongside Gooch in the cup. Gooch has consistently proved he can shut down forwards at the highest level. I love Eddie Pope and all, but I would much rather see Gibbs marking Totti come this summer. Gooch can take Koller and Luca Toni, but I really think Gibbs can shut down Totti.