NSR: Coronavirus: A global Pandemic.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by dapip, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll be honest, I doubt that's true. Well, not in the same way that donny tiny hands lies, anyway.

I just think that, when you really, really want something to be true, you'll interpret everything you hear to be a confirmation that it is.

I say that because it's not like there's any point in saying something will happen in a few days time time only for it NOT to happen. Also, some of the information from the civil servants and other 'experts', hasn't proven to be entirely accurate either.

I'm just reading a piece in Private Eye about the way this has all been handled, NOT just by our lot but by various other countries, including Sweden, who recently reduced the size of mass gatherings down from 500 to 50. Clearly they ARE pursuing a herd immunity approach.

The other point is that, even if we think that every single tory politician is a murderous psychopath, out to kill everyone who's claiming a pension to save money, how do we THEN explain the fact that this was the HoC on the 11th and 18th March...

[​IMG]

How do we further explain that Johnson, himself, actually boasted about going around shaking everyone's hands... in a hospital, including coronavirus patients and then ended up getting the infection himself. Bear in mind this is a man in his mid 50's who's clearly not very fit.

So thinking they want to kill us is one thing... but they want to kill themselves?

No, I just think they're crap at running the country and think wish fulfilment and a positive mental attitude means things will work out as they hope. Unfortunately, that's wrong! :(

The thing is even papers like the torygraph, (Johnson's old paper, don't forget), are becoming critical now...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...xplain-coronavirus-testing-failures-lockdown/

Ministers were on Wednesday night unable to answer basic questions about when Britain’s testing regime for coronavirus is to be increased dramatically in scale to allow the country to plan its exit from lockdown.

After days of mounting concerns over the growing testing crisis, it is still unclear when NHS workers are to be tested, when mass testing for the population is to be rolled out or even whether the Government has a plan to end the nation’s quarantine.

Wednesday’s death toll from the virus was 563, overtaking France’s highest daily figures and bringing the total number of deaths in the UK to 2,352.

Asked repeatedly at the Downing Street press conference about why Britain lags behind other nations in testing, Alok Sharma, the Business Secretary, said “increasing testing capacity is absolutely the Government’s top priority”, but failed to explain when the numbers would increase...
    .​

Likewise the hate-mail, with... Pictures that expose PM's coronavirus testing shambles: Desperate NHS staff are turned AWAY from empty swab station 'because they haven't booked' while just 13 miles away others queue for checks - amid claims 85% of self-isolating workers are NOT infected

This isn't a situation where they can be assured of a Faux News-style unwavering support so, I repeat, what's the point of lying when it will be obvious what you've said isn't true in a few days time?

Something doesn't make any sense here so it's just more likely they're a bunch of incompetents who are used to 'failing upwards' and think this is just another example.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    usscouse and spejic repped this.
  3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Fox will book him

MattR repped this.
  4. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    This guy hits the notes because he’s surrounded by this where we both grew up on the south side of Indy. It’s a Jane Goodall scenario. I showed this to my old man and he told me he’s actually a distant relative.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's always the South Side.

6. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And finally some major news:

While humans have been using Netflix and Zoom to quell the coronavirus lockdown ennui, New Zealand’s zoo animals have also been struggling with boredom – and zookeepers have had to resort to some unusual measures to keep them entertained.

Puzzles, perfume and new types of play have all been deployed to keep the more curious residents engaged and happy.

The rhinos keep turning up for their 3.15pm appearances – when they usually get a belly rub – while the giraffes have remained punctual for their noon and 3pm commitments.

Zookeepers have been forced to work twice as hard to stimulate and entertain the animals, including taking llamas for long walks, spraying cologne and perfume in hiding places to intrigue the lions, and offering puzzle feeders or playing unusual sounds to keep the keas on their toes.

xtomx, blissett, TheJoeGreene and 2 others repped this.
  7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Belly rub a rhino?

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What is the deal with vlogs in cars? I've had two other guys like this sent to me since Saturday: and all of them are in their cars.

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Those guys don't have apartments.

NORML, TheJoeGreene and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  10. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elon Musk announces that he’s purchased 1,000 FDA approved ventilators to be donated to hospitals... Turns out they are bipap machines used in the treatment of sleep apnea. :)

1245502082511036417 is not a valid tweet id

Don’t get me wrong, for minor cases, I’m sure a bipap would be great, but these aren’t the type of ventilators that hospitals are short on.

sitruc, ceezmad and charlie15 repped this.
  11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Musk is all over the place. Almost always a douchebag of immense proportions, but on occasion a useful and interesting douchebag. I guess not this time. When I become Lord, he and Zuck get put into the same barrel, over Niagara they go, and let's see how that plays out.

Of course Donnie doesn't get the barrel.

sitruc, Naughtius Maximus and charlie15 repped this.
  12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Reading about that train guy, I think he's the one Fox will want to book.

NORML, Q*bert Jones III and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  13. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Because their houses are a complete mess. Or in this guy’s case, since it’s parody, he probably can’t credibly pull a home vlog off anyway. There would be a noticeable absence of cigarette butts and taxidermy and he’s probably run the risk of having a book or three in the background somewhere. So a car with a large count pack of TP it is.

sitruc, NORML, charlie15 and 2 others repped this.
  14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acoustics and “privacy”. The large amount of soft surfaces and small amount of insulation in cars mean you don’t get that annoying echo effect you hear in a lot of bathroom videos. These people also generally don’t live alone, so doing it in your car generally means you don’t have to worry about roommates or family members walking in on you in the middle of a filming... and a freebie addition, the dashboard makes a great place to mount a camera, aka, their phone. :)

sitruc, NORML, charlie15 and 5 others repped this.
  15. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    They should try sardine oil instead.

derek750 and spejic repped this.
  16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know whether to be impressed or weirded out that you know all this.

NORML, song219, russ and 5 others repped this.
  17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oz is as bad as the UK and Trumpville.

In a move the NSW health minister later admitted was a mistake, 2,700 passengers were allowed to disembark without checks from NSW Health on 19 March, with many boarding flights interstate. Another boatload of passengers disembarked on 8 March.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Gove blatantly lied twice

Ventilators: "We didn't get the email"

Testing: "we've run out of reagents"

Both of these were revealed to be bald faced lies

19. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    YoshTube?

20. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not only that, but the COVID articles are so full of BS that Medium has a notice at the top of every one of them stating that they don't fact check anything. Considering it was founded by the former CEO of Twitter, another dreg of society collection site, I can't believe anyone reads anything there.

21. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    It’s not just the coyotes that are running wild.

video here—
    https://www.amherst.edu/amherst-story/today/amherst-videos/unexpected-visitor-on-campus

soccernutter and TheJoeGreene repped this.
  22. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/europe/wild-goats-wales-streets-lockdown-scli-gbr/index.html
    Wild goats take over Welsh town amid coronavirus lockdown

[​IMG]

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  23. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impressed definitely impressed.... :whistling:

Val1 repped this.
  24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  25. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, California has big testing problems. We have lots of labs, but many of them are doing tests for non-California places. There are also many universities and hospitals that can do the tests, but they can only do so many using the old manual lab-based methods, and when the are full they stop taking in new orders. That leaves Quest Diagnostics. They were also using the older methods, but when their labs were full they continued taking in new orders (and more importantly, the money for the new orders). So now they have an incredible back up - there may be a difference of weeks between when a sample was sent and when the results come back. They have recently gotten the most recent automated testing equipment from Germany, but it won't work on the old samples. So a person getting testing on the new machine will get their answer back much sooner than someone tested a week ago.