Corey Ashe.....our future.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Bandido, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  2. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey is so fast he can cross the ball to himself!:D

3. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I see it 100 % the same way as you Lalo!

REPPED!

4. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey Ashe is the new Craig Waibel. :D

5. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I am sorry.... I am not on the Corey Ashe bandwagon right now. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fine player, I just don't think he is our future.

I think his speed is great, obviously. His crossing to Jacqua in the last game was great as well.

He is a good second half sub, but I don't see him having some sort of breakout year next year like Holden.

IMHO when roster protection comes.....

We should keep Davis, Holden, Mullan ....instead of Ashe.

My guess is that we let Davis go and keep Holden and Ashe instead because of finances though..

6. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ashe has potential, but it was only last game that he really had his first good game as a starter. Up until then, I've only really seen him produce fairly well when he's come off the bench.

He still isn't as good as I'd like him to be on defense and gets dispossessed too easily, but those are things that can be corrected with minutes and coaching.

Plus all ills are forgiven when you have an assist hat trick. :)

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Correct me if I'm wrong girls. but isn't Corey in the Developmental Roster thing, so he wouldn't affect anything about our roster, right??

I don't expect everyone to jump on the Bandwagon just yet.but while I've seen Stuey blossom into one of our best players, I've seen Corey thunder into action this season. I like the kid and have high hopes for him.

p.s.

Besides, he gave me a game ball....dammit :p

8. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know that he's the future of the team, but he's defiantly going to make an impact on the league.

I find it interesting that Kinnear's played him so much considering Dom doesn't usually play rookies. Holden only had 13 games played (3 starts) for 344 minutes in his first year. Ashe is up to 17 games (3 starts) for 550 minutes so far. Not all of that was caused by injuries and international duty, I think Dom sees something in this kid. Saturday night was a preview.

As far as I know he's been moved off the developmental roster. I have no way of knowing for sure though, MLS seems to have given up on keeping track of players Transactions. :rolleyes:

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Corey is so good that he kicks the other's team's players during extra time and costs his team a chance to play for a million bucks.

I want to like Corey but he needs to redeem himself and three helpers against the helpless Mormons isn't going to cut it.

Once he does redeem himself then I will drive the Corey Bandwagon to the nearest Mazda dealership and get him a Zoom Zoom sponsorship.

10. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey helped his team get to the semi-finals to play against Pachuca. The loss isn't his fault. He continues to help his team keep the Western conference lead.

No one's asking you to love Ashe. But for crying out loud, give it a rest already.

11. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Best thing about this thread is the pic of the all orange kit. Wish we would use it more. Looks sharp.

Corey will be a good player for the Dynamo. Not the future but a good sub.

12. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    the future.... Come on... :confused:

I have been one of the strongest supporters against him.. and was very happy to see what he brought to the game last weekend against RSL (that bad team)... and show me how wrong i was!! i respect that....

BUT I would like to see him get better and improve and be more consistent at this point of time..

so at the moment i cannot see him as the future of the team!!! I see Wondo ahead of him...

So lets have him play more, learn more and improve his game then see ...but its too early to say anything (remember David Carr)

13. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he has a lot of potential.

14. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey Ashe is great. Don't blame him for the Pachuca loss if you do you are a fool.

Instead blame Richard "Flick On Header To the Other Team" Mulrooney for our loss. Stupid fool heads it right to Pachuca player forcing Ianni to get a red card.

15. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of that analysis is subject to our rash of injuries though.

16. DYNAMO_WARRIOR

Oct 31, 2006
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I remember David Carr... So your saying get rid off Ashe? Just like the Texans got rid off Carr?

See you confuse people with your remarks going back and forth. One minute you like him and the other kick him to the curve!!!:confused::(

17. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Would you mind stating why you think this?

I like Ashe, he is improving each game, I love his confidence and passion. But I do think his minutes are 100% due to injuries.

I'm not sure he is THE future, but I think he has a very bright future and is capable of contributing today in MLS. I noted that Pachuca made him look a bit silly.

Count me as an Ashe fan and supporter.

18. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hear hear. (on the All Orange strip.)

19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    No-the loss can't be blamed on him (Dickhead and Joe also deserve some of the blame)-but I'll take a hard hustle mistake or a missed shot over a mental/emotional selfish mistake any day. That mistake at that point on that stage is unacceptable-now with that said I think Corey is a great hustler (although I am not sure if he's one of Dom's boys) but could use some of those chill pills that Eddie has taken this year.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Early in the season he was coming off the bench before all of our injuries hit. The injuries and national team duty helped his minutes a lot though.

Overall I think he's good, he's a rookie and will play like a rookie at times, if he learns to be consistent he'll be a great player.

21. alessiob

alessiob New Member

Nov 9, 2006
    h-town
    Yeah but remember that was unintentional, other than Ianni taking one to save a goal.

Ashe's kick was very intentional.

22. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    I have also been on the Zoom-Zoom bandwagon from the get go. I think he needs to mature a little and he will blow up. i.e. the pachuca incident. He is a little immature and I am sure Dom has had his Dom-ass-chewing on him.

23. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you tell Bernardo reads this forum? :D

And I think that sums up most people's feelings about Ashe. I think everyone sees the potential, but some are a little impatient about wanting to see some production now versus later.

If you look at Jaqua and Ngwenya, both players needed several starts before really jelling with the team. Ashe could be doing that as well. He picked a good time to have a great game now that some of our missing starters are going to be back.