Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 3, 2015.

1. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    perfect for Universitario

2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was a good result... But it could have been perfect if Cruzeiro beat or tied against Huracan. Now Universitario must go to Brazil and steal at least one point, or hope Mineros beats or ties against Huracan in Venazuela.

AlleXyS repped this.
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The strongest did what they had to do, now just like La U de Sucre they must go to Brazil and come away with points.

BTW San Jose lost and was put out of its misery. At least the result was only 3-0. San Jose has been having issues off and on the field.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I didn't take the two seconds to post highlights, but as we know one team has made it through to the next round, La U de Sucre. I love it, considered one of the smaller teams in Bolivia they had never been this far. I know for a fact now Baldivieso must be putting it down on his resume for the next time the national team is looking lol, BTW anyone notice he got his son in his team...again. Anyway best of luck in the next round, the kid Suarez is finally starting to score. Hats off to The Strongest, they gave it a good fight over in Brazil.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw Baldivieso's kid too, but to be honest physically he looks better than 90% of Bolivian players at 18/19 years old? He didn't get enough playing time to judge his skills tho

I'm glad Universitario made it, they deserve it after the good campaign they had in away games. Tigres is most likely gonna destroy them tho tbh

nanoGVSP repped this.
  6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed Tigre is a team that gave River big problems, not sure there is much Universitario can do against them. I'll keep my fingers crossed who knows.
    As far as Baldivieso, it's a bit comical that he brings his son to all the teams he's coaching. The kid does have some good qualities, he might be better served in a team where he gets consistent minutes.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's not as uncommon as you think. Now--if the kid sucks though, then it can be comical.

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Actually he did very well, last game he had a pass that lead to a goal he made. "Ramona"
    BTW La U is winning1-0 . Scored in the second minute of play off a corner, dos cabezasos en el area y gol!! I still don't like the way they are defending on the left side, too many one on ones for the Tigers forward. I wanna see Suarez shine in this one, let's go U.

9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Still 1-0 at halftime, they actually showed a few moves that Suarez put on the Tgres defenders, he looks good. Running up and down very shifty and active. Game could go either way though, La U needs one more and to keep a Tigers at zero that way there is hope going to Mexico.

10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    1-1 even tho the Mexican comentators keep saying it's not offsides, it looks like it to me.

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    1-2 Tigres, this one was legit and it looks over cause I don't see fight in this guys. If anything it could get ugly.
    For some strange reason Suarez was subed out at halftime for Palavicini who hasn't done sh**t.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    After tigres scored, Universitario fell apart. sad because they could have just played their posession game.

Abot suarez, it could be contract terms that he is only allpwed to play a half.Ballivian didnt play either and De La Cuesta didnt have a good game either.

13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Today is the day, Universitario needs 2 goals and to keep a clean sheet. To be honest it'll be tough to say the least, not sure they have much of a chance. Even so I'll be watching. I'm hoping they at least make a game of it, I'd hate to see a blow out.

14. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To the surprise of everyone Universitario played well last night, solid defense and very organized. they only needed one more goal to make it through! Overall good game for Universitario, they got eliminated with their heads held high

nanoGVSP repped this.
  15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thr Strongest is visiting Sao Paulo tonight.Game just started..

16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I guess there is no Tigre fans... good first step in the group tho and great for Bolivian football. Let's hope Bolivar can follow up accordingly. :cool:

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There is...Chico.

I am sure he is partying in Heaven right now! That was an incredible feat. Although I'll admit--Sao Paulo looked to be in bad form, still a great accomplishment!

I am hoping this leads to Ramallo to transfer to Brasil. I have a 'conocido' that is an agent in Colombia who when I spoke to him a couple of months ago said there was interest in Ramallo in Turkey....but that never came to fruition it seems.

For me, he's the best forward we have in Bolivia. Arce like...but more of a nose for goal/finisher like his old man.

18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    that would be sweet, perhaps Lizio being there opens some more doors for our players.

19. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    It's always a thrill to see Bolivar / The Strongest play in La Paz... and look like world champs. Every touch is golden. Its maximum laughs seeing opponents slip and slide on the grass.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What a great win tonight by Bolivar! The 'make the team feel great again' win that htey needed!

This should help with confidence and solidify the work they've put in so far. Love it

21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They didn't have the best start of the year adjusting to the new coach and all. It seems they finally found the starting 11 and hopefully they'll be no more experiments.

I hope when Ferreira gets back, he can replace Borghello.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope so, too. But it won't be a given. Borghello has that starting role for himself until he REALLY starts sucking. He's looked to have gotten a tiny bit better since he arrived, but he appears to be overrated.

Arce is the man, continues to be the man. Cellerino I think also, is a bust. He's just pure work rate and no real skill. Willy needs to come back but it will take hard work and in my opinion at least a month more. He's out of shape I am sure. That's what made him what he was too.

23. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This for sure will help the players and the fans. Hopefully no more experiments either. I think the way that Bolivar were relentless on the wings is what cause Nacional to be a bit shook even though they didnt have a good night.
    It should have been Borguello and Arce from the get go. and I wouldnt doubt that la fiera starts alongside borguello when he comes back. Borguello is not gonna score us goals but he will provide space.

24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Idk I wouldn't put them together, Ferreira and Borguello have similar roles with the exception that Ferreira actually scores. I don't want to be unfair to Borguello he actually did good yesterday and he's been improving. But I would chose Ferreira over him. Also, at the level Arce is playing now I doubt he's gonna loose his spot any time soon.

25. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree about them starting and adjusting to different lineups since the start of this season and let's hope they found the right one, which is one reason I don't think Ferreira will replace Borghello, not immediately at least. I also agree that Borghello is looking so far overrated but he showed promise this last game, especially with some crucial passes. Going forward, they will need to see if this lineup is the right one as it has proven to be so far albeit just one game. The other reason I don't think Ferreira will start right away is that the coach won't immediately start Ferreira; he will come in as a substitute, in order to gradually regain his form. Only when he's at 100%, will the coach know if he should start and whom he should replace...whether it be Borghello or Arce or go back or forth between the 3 of them for a while. This might become a "Who to start?" dilemma but at least it'll be a good one to have. I really hope Cellerino gets better, skill-wise because with his height and strength, he has been able to muscle his way into the area and had chances to score with his feet and his head. Here's hoping he gets better at least to sub in when it's a close game and we need someone with height, strength, and skill to make sure we close out the game to our favor. I could see him become what Rodman was to the Bulls back in the 90s if you get my drift.

That being said, this was just one game and this Cali team was not the same Cali team that qualified for this cup; hell, even that team only qualified because their league is based on a play-off format and qualified as 6th place to eventually win the title. If we get the same positive results against Boca this Thursday, then this would be the start of something. Either way, based on the way we played against Cali, I really hope we start playing with that same energy in the league games. So far, from what I read, they seem to not give it their all. We lost to Ciclón for crying out loud!

Bolivianfuego repped this.