Copa Libertadores: All Games, Commentary, Results [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LOL

Would be nice seeing leprechaun-sized Chuma bustin some heads.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol, nice Dusty. Well let's not jump on Ezto just for stating the obvious, however, Ezto in all fairness it would be nice to introduce yourself to see if this a serious question or just trolling. IF you want the asnwer to that, and Bolivian soccer interests you enough, then read through the posts and you'll quickly catch on why it's on a big low right now.

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats another thing wrong with bolivian soccer including the NT and domestic..psycological fear( as in no balls)..we r too afraid taking a 'bigger' (physically and mentally) player one on one just b/c...thats always been an issue..even M3 has that prob

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ehhhhh.... I dunno. Our NT was running on pure balls and confidence when we lpayed ANY team at home after we beat paraguay. Peru fell to us, Argentina, Uruguay were lucky for a tie. All those games we played with pure balls and confidence.

We have confidence, when we can get our best players togther, but Bolivar werent that.

They were a team that was broken this jan transfer window with the arrival of Escobar and Quinteros leaving. The team was/has been incomplete and just now are starting to finally gel'. Against Estudiantes they went in knowing they were going to lose, like a kid going to a fight he knew he was going to get the crap kicked out of him.

I dont blame them, they at least went out fighting, and gave estudiantes some trouble. Da rosas turnover led to the first goal, and from that point it over.

6. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    No. It's the style we play. These players have balls. They compete for their positions to remain with their club. Bolivar knows they are the best in Bolivia, so they are running on some pride.

The style we play is only effective in Bolivia. NOWHERE ELSE. Seriously, where else will they be allowed to back pass the ball with a gentle touch, and be allowed to stand with the ball for more then a few seconds? Our touch is soft, not because players are weak, but because it's simply the style we play.

Our nats does play well. We did well against Brazil in Brazil, and other games well, we just took a group B side so that Group A wouldn't be effected with the altitude. THe home team always played well at home; always had possession.

It's our style. If we had the worlds fastest players it wouldn't matter. Faster and stronger players will not change the results with the futbolito style we elect to play on a futbol pitch.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well thats the problem..ONLY at home...EVERYONE plays confident at home..haha why else would it be called home advantage..if you want to be a good team you have to be able to play decently home "AND" AWAY ...you have to remember that at the WC the game is neutral so its like an away game...why do you think our NT is the way it is.. at home we take on whoever(including messi to forlan) but away we are afraid and intimidated much too much away and that results in usual losses.
    =.idk if you knew but platini had his own psychological doctor for the NT players so it helps them on confidence and everything associated with the mentality of the game..as i said th away games are intimidating to players and they need to be able to handle it successfully clearly we havent been able to do that a lot

as i said...you have to be able to play away..or else youre not effective at all..(read above)..the excuse that youre not at home and that you played away is not liable..unacceptable

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Every NT has doctors including a psychologist(sp). So yea that doesnt surprise me, heck even in the olympics they have one for all teams. Stuff happens at that level, can mess up a player for good.

Etcehverry went through something like that at Albacete, he faked a PK and was from then on hounded by the press and fans, and it messed with his head. One of his reasons for his downfall in spain, that and his partying lifestyle as a youngin' back then.

But yea, it is true, you play at home, you play better. But after Botero left, so left our balls, and we werent the same team without him vs. Venezuela and Ecuador. My point isnt botero, but the atittude that was there when he was around and we were putting in goals like it was nothing.

Our team was riding that confidence, and when he left so left that same confidence and lost that 'advantage' after that of being mentally stronger then our opponent.

Same with bolivar, we lost that 'confidence' and were mentally weaker then estudiantes. We knew we were going to lose and we fulfilled that.

Our clubs will only get better when we 'think' we are better, and get results.

If bolivar had beat Alianza at home 1-0 or 2-1 we'd be in a whole different ball game, but that first loss at home, really messed our guys heads, and showed the holes in a new team at that time, only being together for a month.

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You probably know more about Etc more than I do but besides getting injured in Colo Colo before the WC a while back, I always thought it was because he got red carded in the WC. And from there, because of that, he couldn't show his talent because no scout in the world at the time could base it on. I heard the german guy instigated it by hitting him but the ref didn't see it; rememjber that post he hit as soon as he went in?!

10. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if i could describe Bolivian soccer in one word right now it would be exactly that....Huevadas...

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, its interesting, cause with Etch' in an interview he admitted that Benito Floro, the guy who brought him to albacete wanted him back at Real Madrid after he went from Albacete to Real' as their new coach, and was about to scoop him during the opening of the trasnfer window, until he got that crucial injury during his time at Colo Colo. He was on top of the world after he went back to Colo Colo, with many clubs trying to get his signature, including boca juniors, but they cheaped out on the transfer fee, and he went to Colo Colo who were the highest bidders at the time.

Its amazing to find out that Real Madrid had actual interest in him because of his ex' coach wanting him back, but that injury forced him not to get bought. Had he not gotten that injury god knows where he'd be now, and he'd probably never come to MLS....... he'd i think be more comparable to Zamorano who after Real made his way to another big club (inter) before come back to the americas.

Another south american player like Etch' that never went to europe but had his chance was Aguinaga, but he was so faithful to necaxa he turned down offers i think from a bunch of italian clubs including inter! :shakes head:

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tell me about it. He's now the director of some department for Necaxa.

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i thought he was trolling because the statement " I don't mean to be offensive/rude but..." you just know everything from then on will be offensive. haha

Growing up. those were my 2 favorite SA players. Etch and Aguinaga were awesome players. :( and neither of them went to play for really HUGE clubs like their talent called for. I still think they are underrated when mentioning the top SA players to in the lat 40? 50 years.

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but platini brought his from boavista right after that flop of stint in boavista

and EXTREMELY bad luck

i would respect that more than a player picking some random european team b/c of the money and greed and end up spending oodles and oodles of your career on the bench...it kept him in shape and on top and successful and great at the NT level..that after all is the goal for a soccer player..thaqt doesnt have to be in europe for it to happen

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I mean it wasnt like Aguinaga was going to go there to be benched, he was a key player for ecuador at the time, and a suoth american star. He would go to italy to be a starter, but he never left cause of his respect for necaxa....

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just watched the highlights of last weeks games and the finish to the Caracas v U La Catolica was WILD!! 3 post hits in less than a minute. What a game!

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I love catching the 'show de la copa' always has the highlights of ALL the matches! Copa libertadores is soooo much fun to watch, its just lame when FSE screws us over for champions league replays over LIVE games!

18. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watching the game was soo much better..especially at the last 10...they dont always show all the chances and arrivals and fouls in that show..was a good game tho

19. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am not trolling. I am a Chilean who actually wants to see Bolivia perform better (esp in the elimnatorias) and every time i watch Bolivia play they dont play good. Whether its the NT or a team in the Libertadores like Bolivar. I dont watch every game of course, so is it just me missing all of the good games or there is some more SERIOUS issues here?
    No harm meant, really.

20. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    and as i scroll up some answers appear...

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I always wondered why Aguinagua never went overseas, really unfortunate that Valderrama didn't blow up over there either.

So what's the schedule look like for upcoming games, any good matchups?

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    A guy posted this up on the TV thread in the libertadores section.

ALl games look good, but I am looking forward to the Juan Aurich - Estudiantes game, the Corinthians game, and Monterrey-Internacional and Morelia-Banfield.

23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I cannot believe Blooming tied with Universitario in Lima...Jemio had a pretty good night, seems that the new DT is doing something for the team (strategy wise).

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am NOT looking forward to the game in peru for bolivar thursday. :(

The last time we even tied over there to alianza was in 95', it was a friggin tie too!

25. elperucho

elperucho Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Yo, Is Bolivar gonna play with their starters or with the suplentes?

And im surprised Blooming got the draw in Lima..