Copa Libertadores 2011: The Final (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by MetroChile, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm not a Santos fan, Guri. I wanted Santos to win only because it's a team from my country. As for 1999, it happened. You don't deny it because you can't.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    sera revisar el video y los ultimos 30 minutos del festival de pata

nada que ver con una final corajuda:rolleyes:

3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    no se lo que queres decir con eso
    acaso estas excusando a esos que entraron al final del partido?

lo que pasa dentro de la cancha durante el partido es entre los jugadores y ahi queda

pero cuando entra gente de afuera a provocar y despues te acusan de ser malos perdedores por reaccionar, eso es diferente

Peñarol no tiene problemas defendiendose, si lo sabran, hacen pata ancha en cualquier lado
    Aca el problema no fue malos perdedores, me parece que es al reves, malos ganadores

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me alegro que Santos haya sido el Campeón, fue inmensamente superior a los uruguayos.

El resultado fue engañoso, debería haber sido Santos 4 Peñarol 0.

Lo del final una vergüenza nuevamente de parte de los charrúas, ya está bueno ya, cada derrota la terminan agrediendo al ganador, claramente son malos perdedores.:p

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no estoy excusando a nadie

fue todo muy claro....lastima que los uruguayos no escucharon a la policia brazilera

puede que hayan sido provocados, pero no tenian por que entrarle a vergga a los jugadores santistas que enh ese momento estaban celebrando.

y en cualquier estadio de suramerica, no se por que te extranas, que el publico entre a celeberar con su equipo y jugadores

era claro que perdieron....era hora de agachar la cabeza y salir del campo!! pero no.... mal por la provocacion y peor la reaccion en cadena!!

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Exactly.

They were indeed provoked, but the guy who did it was not a Santos player. Several Santos players were huddling and celebrating when they started.

Penarol did what Argentinos Juniors did to Fluminense. The so-called "pseudo-garra" that some of these teams confuse with masculinity.

I hope CONMEBOL punishes Penarol's players for this.

Santos Futebol Clube TRICAMPEÃO DA AMÉRICA!

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    felicitaciones

GRACIAS AL FUTBOL DE danilo y neymar- 2 guys 19yrs of age.....they skip all the killer slides and worse....
    elano and ganso.....bien parados hoy.

look forward to see the 19 yrs olds in other competitions- GOOD LUCK TO ALL

ahhhh....and matinuccio, another crack worth mentioning, great player

8. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Eso no fue lo que dijiste antes

Y yo tampoco estoy excusando a nadie, no digo que Peñarol no tenga culpa ninguna.

Solo defiendo a mi cuadro de los bocones, especialmente los que no tienen arte ni parte en esto, que entran y le echan la culpa de todo lo que paso a Peñarol sin saber lo que paso y porque empezo. Y asi perpetuan el mito de los uruguayos bla bla bla

Lo primero que hacen los grandes cuando ganan es darle la mano al vencido, no salen a danzar y celebrar en la cara del adversario.
    Recuerden cuando termino el partido contra Velez, lo primero que hicieron los jugadores de Peñarol fue ir a consolar al Tanque Silva.
    Pero, que se le va a hacer, son distintas maneras de ver el futbol...

9. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002

que fue lo que le hizo Neymar a Alejandro Gonzalez?

me imagino que estas incluyendo eso tambien en tu FUTBOL, o te olvidaste de esa?
    eso forma parte de tu "festival de pata"?
    cuantos jugadores del Santos salieron lesionados?

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    el neymar tampoco es un santo:D

mas wevon si se queda llorando y no se desquita!!!

mas dificil le quedara ser grande si continua con esas pendejadas y suciedades. En un partido caliente y con la fama de uds, el tano salio armado y si no era el, pues cualquier canillera era del bulto.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There was a fan that invaded the pitch at some point in this year's Champions League, but they said that the TV cameras didn't get him in purpose. At least that was what the FOX Sports guys said during that match.

12. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, the whole fiasco was mostly Santos' fault. I do think Penarol should have left the field right after the final whistle, but still they did not instigate the fighting.

Anyways, Penarol is a young team and maybe next year they can win it...a lot of potential there. It would be great to see either of the two greats from Uruguay come back to glory.

13. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Closs and Niembro are cool, I always enjoy their commentary. I think you're just being an over-sensitive whiner :rolleyes:

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Santos was vastly superior. If they hadn't miss 2 or 3 sitters it would have been no contest at all.

2. You have to recognize that Penarol fought until the end. After Santos' 2nd goal most teams would have given up.

3. The referee was horrible, he allowed too much contact from Penarol players and gave an incredible yellow to el Colorado for a basically fair challenge.

4. Although Neymar is no saint I cannot blame him for going a little berzerk after so many hard challenges on him. At the end of the game he was like jumping over sharp blades from the uruguayans.

5. Fux sux!!!! The commentators were so biased that after Neymar and Ganso missing sitters and Penarol only scoring on an own-goal Niembro was saying: "But Penarol is dominating right now!!!!" Between the Argies and the Mexicans they kill all the exciment of watching the games... Ah if I could only get audio from another source Libertadores would be the most exciting event of the year..

6. Classic Uruguayan football: A cinderella team makes it all the way to the final; If they win is a great story, if the lose they will try to kill their rivals.

7. Classic Conmebol football: There's hardly a year when instead of an orderly finish and the two teams comming for their medals we have a RAW fight and a riff raff with the local police.

8. Neymar is for the ages..

15. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    They may be good in terms of soccer play by play but they are rabidly anti-Brazilian.

17. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't like that guy neymar--and he's going to get his as soon as he steps out of Brazil.

Some big German, Czech, defender is going to crush him with that attitude in Europe.

18. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    For 10 minutes try walking on an Argentinian or Uruguayan pitch as the most talented player in South America and weighing in at 130 pounds.

He's got my respect and he sure as hell is entitled to some payback

Can't wait to see what German, Czech defenders are gonna do to him?

As an admirer of "futebol arte" I can't wait to see what Neymar is gonna do to THEM.

19. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Well said, Broncano!

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thank you.

Neymar said after the match that the Uruguayans punched him and pulled his hair. A 130-lb teenager against men who are far taller and much physically stronger and larger. He never backed down.

I'm still so very glad Santos won it all last night. I hope that o Futebol Brasileiro makes it a three-peat in 2012.

21. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
  22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I hated it, personally.

thank you: that makes 2 of us that don't think "passion" justifies violence/belligerence and being a sore loser/winner (this goes to both Peñarol/Santos people, be it players, coaching staff, fans).

There is no issue with the fouls, shit-talking, etc. during the game. Once the game is over, I would love it if the Libertadores finished like the Champs. League: the winning team organizes a lap of honour for the losing team, like Barca did this year to Man U players or Inter did last year to Bayern players.

Great post, aceshigh. :cool:

23. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRft1tP0I1U"]YouTube - ‪Niembro Super Compilado‬‏[/ame]

24. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, what are you gonna say... you just dont get that people see the same sport in different ways

basically you think we are murderers

and we on the other hand think this is a man's game, if you can't stand the fire get out of the kitchen

we are raised this way: for example if you try to do a "tunel" or a "caño" to me you are trying to make fun of me, it's something that's not necessary, it's done just to elicit an "ole" from the crowd, so automatically the next time you come near me your ass is on the ground, simple enough?
    If you shrink I say you have no balls
    if you keep coming back for more you'll earn my respect and I'll shake your hand after the game, win or lose

see? there are different ways of seeing the same sport

your "kind" or I should say the "kind of football" you like has been on top for a while now since Havelange and his ilk came up with the "fair play" bullcrap in order to help the brazilians.... but I'm not too worried because we can see already the tide turning. People are getting disgusted with the Barcelona "style" of diving and whining, we'll see who Blatter's successor is, so get ready bud because the good times, as we wee it, are coming back

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos fans did not attack Peñarol players :rolleyes:

ONE Santos guy (apparently not a fan, but a member of the technical commission or some VIP) was already inside the field and he passed on the side of a Peñarol player and SAID something. He didnt "attack" any Peñarol players.

That Penãrol player started chasing this Santos guy, others followed, the started kicking the Santos guy and the brawl started.

So, while this Santos guy had no business inside the pitch, nor talking/provoking a Peñarol player, Peñarol players also had no business going for violence.

BOTH were wrong, but sorry, but Penãrol players were even wronger for going for extreme violence against this ONE idiot who said something against a Peñarol player.

here a link to a video showing how it started
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...sao-com-atletas-do-penarol.html#equipe-santos