Copa Libertadores 2011 (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont think so, yes he embelleished a tad', but it stopped his jump from making contact with that cross. No matter how little, there was still contact which messed that up.

2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a soft penalty.

Still Salcedo should not have been that wide open

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone else think Vuoso is a headcase? I saw a highlight of him getting that red last weekend, and he is playing WAAAY too rough. Almost looks like a Red coming this game too.

4. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing against Fluminense, but it's kinda difficult to win in the altitude of Mexico City. They HAVE to start winning matches on the road, and the only place that I see is plausible is against Nacional.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And what a beating Peñarol took from Independiente!

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And who has Santos owned so far?

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Buen partido. Trató, trató y trató, pero al final no pudo el Manya. Los de Avellaneda fueron más en todo el segundo, de lejos. Se fue el Hormiga y la defensa se desorganizó.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tale of two halves. The first half it was the typical all-out hard fought game between Argentinos and Uruguayos. The second half, el Manya ran out of gas, and it could have been a lot worse than three goals.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice win for Argentinos Juniors over America de Mexico.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Surprised at how Argentinos' came back from that! 1-0, then they tie it, then they get the second, the third was just..... wow!

They didnt even dominate like that, but the tide was turning right after the tying goal, things were changing, America were slowing down.....

And thats how they won it! Good game. Hell of a GOLAZO that third one.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, i'd say the first half was even, with Independiente dominating on the beginning without creating much danger and then it was Peñarol who dominated until about the end of the first half, then from the beginning of the second half we pushed Peñarol into their box and after the second goal the match was pretty much done for.

I guess it isn't much of a surprise considering how they almost beat Fluminense being the away side, something we know in the Libertadores is very complicated, however at the same time i have to say i'm kind of dissappointed with Fluminense they were paiting it as a super-team but by the time being doesn't look like anything beyond ordinary.

And after two matches Argentinos lead their group, take that!

12. hctrlna

hctrlna New Member

May 26, 2006
    Club:
    Argentinos Juniors
    I was at the Argentinos game and it was a very fortunate result for the home side playing without their best player Mercier. They were very poor in the first half and lucky to not be down at least 2-0 before the equalizer. Hats off to the manager for making the two subs at halftime.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Creo que Reinoso se equivocó, sacando a Rosinei y Reyes, y dejando al viejo de Pavel que ya no podía con su alma. El América tuvo para ganarla en el primero, pero después del empate ya se veía que iba a perder.

14. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    all Mexican teams in this tournament are a joke. So frustrating to see that the little respect we earn has been destroyed by these mediocre aholes. Jaguares and San Luis are not competitive at all and America is a team without soul. I hope at least one makes it to the next round.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Grêmio had quite an experience in Barranquilla. Its delegation had precarious conditions, including a lack of water, in the locker room.

[​IMG]

And it was a game Grêmio will not easily remember, in part because it lost 2-1. Grêmio should have been awarded a penalty when Borges was charging into the box and a Junior defender pulled his jersey. But Junior did play aggressively and it pressed Grêmio for much of the match, and Grêmio upped its game in the 2nd half.

En route to the airport, Grêmio's bus was attacked:

[​IMG]

Shattered glass caused a few minor lacerations.

[​IMG]

Not very smart... because there will be a return match in Porto Alegre. Even if Junior's players were not involved with this.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes.... and yes I agree they deserved that penalty, a TOTAL pull of the jersey in the box.

Its that crappy mexican ref, blind as a bat. He dosent call crap!

I was rooting for gremio, but Junior is a very fun tema to watch! Gio' Hernandez still' got it!

Gremio needed to win though, to give Oriente petrolero any chance lol.

17. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Please its only been two games

Jaguares didn't deserve to lose 4 nil. I think they have a good chance of making it out of the group.

America should have won yesterday, its not the end of the world there is 4 games left!!!

San Luis sucks ass but we already knew that

Chivas sucked on the road last year and made it to the final.

Most teams in the Libertadores have trouble getting points on the road

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

Junior has a real chance to go deep in this tournament. Along with talented players, a decent coach, and an entertaining style... ... No one... ...and I mean absolutely no one wants to play in Barranquilla in the heat of Summer.
    Arguably the best Home Field advantage in Colombia.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    America is the only team with a chance IMHO but that group is almost too close to call. They could finish first or last.

Jaguares would have been a real threat if Jackson Martinez were healthy. 'Tis a pity he is injured again for the Group Stage of the tournament like he was when el DIM participated.

20. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That was a Penalty no doubt and what a shame the bus incident; about the Locker conditions, still is under construction....
    Obviously I'm very exited about this win and the way we played; knowing that we were missing players, specially the goalie and some improvised positions like the right back, his natural position is center midfield (Gremios goal was his fault) but in the other hand I think Gremio is a bit overhyped I mean I see Inter, Cruzeiro and even Corinthians stronger (on paper at least)

21. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Yesterday was a horrible day. I was absolutely shattered after the game. It was a horrible game in the first half for both teams, and after the 1st goal by you guys, it seemed like you would run away with the game. We almost tied it up though. But after that it was HORRIBLE. A lot of credit to Independiente though. You guys played a great game.

Mad props to the 4,000+ fans that crossed the pond over to Argentina.

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was ok, just across the body of water isn't that impressive. Colorado had more than that at the Bombonera once.

We took the entire top tier 6k plus people all the way from Brasil.

[​IMG]

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here is my Copa Libertadores blog:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=10994

Player of the week: Mario Bolatti