Copa America possibly moving to the US due to COVID

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, May 26, 2021.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They were pretty bad. Let's hope FOX brings in some outside talent, but not sure they will.

Unfortunately, in this case the Spanish option is also a very poor one as they ran commercials in the middle of the Copa games. They also broke away from the Copa final on a number of occasions for live "look-ins" to the build up for the Mexico Gold Cup match that was happening later that night. They didn't even wait for brief pauses in the action to do this. They would go to the Mexico pregame in the middle of a scoring chance for Brazil.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I suspect that more people watching Fox Deportes care about Mexico than do Brazil.

Fox probably doesn't care much about the few people watching Fox Deportes to avoid English-language announcers. These viewer numbers are too small to make a dent.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I suspect people watching the Copa America final want to watch the Copa America final. Let's not overthink this one. lol

I'm pretty sure more than "a few people" want to watch the Copa America final in the U.S. And for most of them, Spanish is their first language.

In any case, its not a competition about # of viewers. More people watch the super bowl too, but its not being played now. One game is happening at 8:00p the other one is much later. Just focus on the final of the competition you've been showing for the past 4 weeks and then move on to the Gold Cup after. Very simple.

beInSchwartz repped this.