Copa America Chile 2015 ( June–July 2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by viagoal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's been a head scratcher to be honest! I think they used the Ecuadorian constitution to block the elections on a loophole? Not sure. But I think the elections are in 2 weeks.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The

It's the FAs of the provincias who are in his pocket- and also the smaller teams in those provincias. I'd say the likelihood of getting re-elected is about 75%. It's so sad. The Ecuadorian public really has no say or power in this matter. Even the #fuerachiriboga doesn't mean squat- he doesn't even have a twitter! Sixto and his coaches are good friends of mine, but it's also sad to see Chiriboga leverage a job on condition of re election or not- sad sad sad!

3. TrickyCoonVic

TrickyCoonVic Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This is basically what happened in our federation for the past 12 years under Manuel Burga. From what I read, it sounds like Chiriboga is just like Burga in that he maintains power through teams from the provincias even though most of the good in Ecuadorian football happens in the teams from Quito and Guayaquil. Hope you guys are able to get rid of him...

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well one thing that is real about Ecuador is that when the people don't get what they want the riots, violence, and all the crazy stuff happens...meaning they'll take him out a las buenas o las malas like they've done with past presidents lol. One thing I know in Ecuador is that when la gente se enoja, cualquier cosa puede pasar. So I'll just leave it at that.

In some radios shows they even say "esto puede acabar en algo feo". I think I drew my conclusions from what they meant. When the ecuadorian people get pissed there's no stopping their craze.

5. TrickyCoonVic

TrickyCoonVic Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just curious, if Chiriboga does leave, who would replace him?

6. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador has got 4 friendlies games in March it will be against Mexico and Argentina, and in June it will be back to back games with Panama. I hate the fact that we play Panama twice when we could be playing another team at least.

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now that Chiriboga is here to stay there are some questions,

1) Jeff Montero, kid opened his mouth and Vizuete did not like it, also his absence along with Antonio's during the last 4 friendlies are pretty strange, I hope no backlash comes to him after opening his mouth, we need him.

2)Joffre Guerron: I know he just might be irrelevant but no one can deny he is one of our mosts consistent players in Mexico, not a bad option in case of right wing injuries or even strikers,but we all know what's the situation with Guerron and Chiriboga.

3) Liga players, the Paz suspension is probably the biggest bull***t I have ever heard, just shows that Chiriboga is corrupt as it gets and has no problem using his power to screw people he doesn't like, Vizuete being a Chiriboga puppet...I wouldnt be surprised if some type of boycott occurs against LDU players trying to prevent them forom being exposed to scouts and all,

4) The 4-2-3-1 formation, is it something thats going to be consistent or was just an experiment? did it work?

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So Gustavo Quinteros was talking about Ecuador today and here are some quotes which stood out to me

"Cuando uno tiene buen equipo de futbol, la altura no tiene que ser un factor determinante"
    I'm pretty sure he means that he want to prove that Ecuador can qualify for the wc because they are good and not because they use the altitude to help win 50% of there games. And trust me this qualifier we are going to need more than a 100% unbeaten at home record
    "No tenemos tiempo para la Copa America, pero en ese torneo ya tenemos, que mostrar nuestra idea de juego, vamos a aprovechar la Copa America para plasmar nuestra idea y asi llegar bien a las Eliminatorias. Hay que ser sinceros no tenemos tiempo para la Copa America pero daremos los, mejor en ese torneo"
    He's right he's only got 4 friendly games before the Copa America he still has to callup all the players, get them all on the same page as him and play his futbol and in 4 games especially against Mexico and Argentina all it takes is a big loss to ruin everything. I'm not expecting him to make a deep run but if he want to be ready by the eliminatorias (which is expected to start in 2015) he needs to get passed to group stage for me. but i like what he's saying just because we don't have time we are going to do are best and show our plan for Ecuador.
    "En las Eliminatorias tienes que jugar el mejor en cada puesto, sea cual la edad de jugador"

I think he said that his first call-up will be on March 15th and I'm excited to see who he brings

Also as a side note Chiriboga said that he fired Vizuete because "todo el pais estaba contra el"

9. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I know a new kit isn't going to change our performance but is sure as heck is a reflection of our nation, our people, our sense of style, etc. but to be the only nation participating in the Copa America without a New Kit is freaking ridiculous , even Bolivia has a new kit! And for those who say "they didn't get a new kit after the qualifiers" (just like the rest who didn't qualify) what about the ones that did go to brasil!? They got their new kits, smh . Marathon no longer deserves to design/supply our NT​

10. Ecuador_Cali

Ecuador_Cali New Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Orange County, Ca
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ECUA-718 repped this.
  11. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Cool, now let's see what design they come up with! Obviously the one designed for 2014 was considered the ugliest, so hopefully it's presentable! The one for the qualifiers was actually really nice! (the best in my opinion) and Marathon released Bolivia's new kits this week and I thought they looked alright, simple but nice! I still can't wait till we go with Adidas or Nike, heck even Umbro! With that being said, I hope our perfomance stands out more than anything else

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So. Antonio Valencia out of the Copa America =( we are screwed.

13. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #39 viagoal, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did you read the link you posted? Hacen pubico su romance, ahhahhahhhaah yes probably now yes ahahah

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If I'm not wrong. Hey can't call anyone up anymore. They have to pick players from the 30 that were in the list only. So no Guerron. Messed up that the surgery happened right after the season. Man U probably made him do it. Ugh.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Nahhh...AV hasn't played well for us since the qualifiers. I think it will be great to give Ibarra a chance to show himself on the right wing in competitive matches. Also it gives us the option of having Montero on the right and either Fidel or Arroyo on the left, which sounds very exciting to me. The only thing we'll miss is his leadership, but then we also have Walter or Frickson for that.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude. AV is the best player we have no matter what. That whole WC fiasco was everyone's fault. He has to play with shitty midfield player on the NT while in Man U he plays with top class players. The tactics of the NT under Rueda sucked also. Every announcer was criticizing it every match. Ibarra?! Where does he play? Has he done anything important at all? Not that I can remember. Does he defend like Valencia? Not even close. He has had good games in the NT but very few. Not saying he is bad but comparing him to Valencia is crazy.

Even at RB Valencia would be sick.

Frickson as leader? Hahahaha. That loser is terrible. Shouldn't even be called up. Bench all the time or doesn't even get called up to play for his team. I'm shocked he isn't playing in Ecuador back already.

18. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I read somewhere online they have until June 1st to finalize the roster. Either way its a major blow for us and we never do well in Copa America

19. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ibarra doesn't probably doesn't defend as well as AV but as far as attack goes (wing) Ibarra might even be the better option and he plays for Vittesse in holland and gets minutes and you must be crazy if you think Frickson is a "loser" he is the best center back we have plain n simple! Frickson always shows up for the NT now matter what his situation was at Barcelona/Flamengo

20. Ecuador_Cali

Ecuador_Cali New Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Orange County, Ca
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    FB_IMG_1432689144210.jpg

Thoughts on the new kit?

viagoal repped this.
  21. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The new kits are ok, but at the same time very simple! Better than the last one, that's for sure!

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the new kits are okay as well. I like the black one (I think that's the color) kit better. Something new at least. Definitely better than the WC which were one of the ugliest ever.

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lastra sucks so much. Can't believe he was called up to the NT. When you face teams outside of Ecuador you get exposed. Terrible passing.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador