Copa America Chile 2015 ( June–July 2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by viagoal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    true, dude, besides, what's up with our free kicks, corner kicks? I mean cant we draw some plays?

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I could have told you that when we found out our group, Mexico ALWAYS beats us. I wont even blame Quintero's on that.

3. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fidel Martinez has the same amount of goals. I agree he has been scoring the majority of our goals but at what cost this kid has cost us literally 2 Copa America games. Agaisnt Chile he allowed give away a penalty which changed the game from a draw to a loss. Against Bolivia he made us retake a penalty another mistake that cost us a game, if that penalty had been scored we could have drawn or won his mistakes completely cost us.

Now Bolanos is a player who has everything to become NT material but its more than scoring goals. whats the point of him scoring goals if hes gonna cost us games. Maybe it's not his time or something or la camisa de la seleccion pesa mucho para el but come on.

in the end his cons outweigh his pros. Maybe a few more games and he'll be up to snuff but as of now he has not convinced me to be NT material

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I might be out of line here, but looking at Bolivia's goalkeeper, Dam, couldn't Dominguez do a little more on that second Goal?

Carlitos8 repped this.
  5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we all have ripped enner a new one here.dude is playing 'really sloppy ass futbol ,he's lucky to have put the single goal on an assist from Montero.he seemed as if his cleats were smeared with butter,kept losing control of the ball and erratic passes.I don't know what the hell happened to him

Carlitos8, barcelonista1981 and Luigi408 repped this.
  6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree to this. I think our players just suck. They might be too overrated. None of them have done anything impressive since A. Valencia and Chucho. The only one that has done well outside is Montero and he is the most dangerous one. E. Valencia only did good one year outside and now he sucks balls.

Who else has done anything important? Won any international titles? Is on a good international team at least? No one.

Also all the Ecuadorians that play in Ecuador suck. No one steps up and does anything. The teams are literally not producing anything but shit.

Only hope now is that there is some kind of major leadership change and FEF takes care of the U17. We have nothing else until then.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aguinaga said it best "A Ecuador le va a costar muy caro el cambio de tecnico a ultima hora"...he said this back in march when Quinteros was hired b/c we lacked time. And the transition between "jugar a lo colombiano" to playing the futbol Quinteros want this NT to play no se da de la noche a la manana. And I think that's what's biting us in the ass right now. We've been so used to playing that futbol and that 4-4-2 crap that we simply don't know any better and making the transition is just hurting us badly.

I honestly don't know what to think at this moment, but I am in shock and embarrassed by what happened tonight against Bolivia. It's inexplicable and very much unacceptable. Bolivia is a team that Ecuador has always beaten whether it's been a friendly or a serious Qualifiers match. Jugando a full o a medio gas, pero SIEMPRE hemos ganado. That's why I have no words for this defeat. Again, the result doesn't demonstrate what happened on the field, yet there's obvious issues we are having if #1 we can't defeat Bolivia and #2 we are losing by the most amateur mistakes ever. A penalty with Erazo giving their player a kick in the face, no coverage on the corner, and Walter losing the ball near our box. It's not like we're losing by getting out-played. We are losing with the most ridiculous amateur mistakes i have ever seen in the last 15 years or more that I've watched futbol. Es ridiculo. Eso ya no es el tecnico, es los jugadores que tienen el cerebro hecho de verdadera mier*a!! Sea quien sea el tecnico estos jugadores hacen huevadas y cagadas siempre.

And that's the truth. Sea que este Rueda, Vizuete, and now Quinteros....with Rueda we had the defensa committing retarded mistakes and our attack was null once our wingers were covered. With Vizuete we would lose games in the last minute. With Quinteros we aren't playing that bad to be losing by margins that are inexplicable. So what does that tell me? It tells me we just don't have the players necessary to reach that next level. We may have put our expectations to high b/c jugadores como Joao Rojas, Fidel Martinez, Renato Ibarra...el mismo Jeff Montero no han llegado a ser las grandes figuras que pensabamos que iban a ser. Todos se han quedado alli no mas.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    el objetivo siempre fue otro....to get this team gelled for the transition to go through and for Quinteros to transmit his style of playing to these guys. We never went to CA to win it or to have an amazing performance. Whoever thought so was completely off. Let's remember that Quinteros was just signed in March. Gracias al puerco hijo de p*ta.

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Quinteros wants to succeed he must be true to his style of futbol, not duplicate the Colombian school (which was very successful) he needs to stop relying on the wings and if he is, he needs wingers, it is unfair to Martinez to be placed on the wrong side (he's a lefty) of a wrong position, he wants Miller so bad, so put him in his position not as a creative midfield, he does not have the body to be a midfielder in NT level. he needs to go back to his line of 3 attacking players to create some pressure on the opponent's exit, but maybe, just maybe that style does not fit with our players.

I said it after the Mexico/Argentina friendlies, this style of futbol is too ambitious on NT level, it worked on Bilesa's teams, but he had talent all around him, we do not, on top of that we are not calling our best players. The Colombian coaches say what you will but they always gave a sense of confidence to our players, I dont think the locker room in our NT is a good environment right about now.

Quinteros is doomed to fail if a drastic change doesnt happen,if you ask me, he's out of here, but if he isn't he needs to go back to the drawing board and look at ALL Ecuadorian players and see who fits his style (if he still has one)

Carlitos8 repped this.
  10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can we really say that we see a plan here? a winning formula? honestly, I see the same as always relying on the wings, hoping Ayovi and Paredez sneak in, as a matter of fact I am not sure what position he is putting Miller in. dude's lost B9 I dont know why you can't see it.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not because he scored today, but because he's BEEN scoring on a much more consistent basis than "los titulares". When was the last time Felipe, Montero, or Antonio scored like this?

The problem is that because Bolanos isn't jugando a lo Montero o gambeta Arroyo, he's not NT material b/c people like watching that crap those players do and forget that the objective is to score which is actually what Bolanos does. How many times does Montero have to dance around with the ball to FINALLY get an assist? like 20 times. Bolanos en lo poco que ha podido crear, he marcado goles o ha dado una asistencia. He shows up when it matters b/c it MATTERS to score, not to play beautifully, but to score....to assist. The numbers are what make the difference at the end of the day.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Because even as a midfielder or as a striker (wherever Quinteros puts him) he scores. Tell me if Montero does that? Tell me if Caicedo does that? When was the last time Antonio scored consistently? Or Renato, or Arroyo, Joao Rojas?

In other words, none of them. The problem isn't Bolanos, but HOW we are using him. I don't understand why we are using a 4-4-2, but something tells me that Quinteros doesn't believe we have the players necessary to play a 4-2-3-1 like he did in Emelec. I don't know what it is, but I just have that feeling that he came to the conclusion that we lack the ability to adapt to it.

For every game that we would have taken Bolanos out, eliminate the goals he scored and any play or assist he was involved in and you will see that we will have either lost games by larger margins or not won them by the same number of goals. It's all about the numbers at the end of the day, don't let the fintas and gambetas fool you bro. If anything Jeff Montero irritates the hell out of me. He has me wanting to break sh*t when I see him play.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I told you this before, when we used the 4-2-3-1 our team looked beat at the last 20-30 minutes due to the pressing that is required by that formation to help the 2 Midfielders in covering the opponent's exit, besides, Tata Martino cracked that formation very fast and we played a horrible second half, in order to play that system you need a more disciplined line of players, like what Argentina and Chile that. Colombia will always be a fast team, good dribblers and skills, Uruguay uses their aggression and endurance to win games, Paraguay most of the time uses the air game, we are a team that relies on our wings a lot, perhaps we should work with what we know. Just a thought.

Montero you say? out of our last 6 goals Montero was involved in 4 of them, you say that gambetas and dribbling aren't all that? Montero is the one player that decides to turn around and push forward, dude, I get it, you like Miller and yes he has scored, today was a golazo, yet you keep on avoiding on commenting about his screw ups,you nail Walter and Erazo to the cross (rightly so, they were horrible) yet I have yet to hear your take on Miller's foul that gave Chile a penalty, nor Today's mistake which led to Enner having to retake that penalty kick, I have not seen such foolish action in years, I mean everyone knows you can't enter the box until the ball is kicked. his passing? I'm gonna goout on alimb here But I was willing to bet he was the player that missed the most passes today. perhaps Cazares won't do any better but it doesnt mean Miller is to be a starter everytime.

Carlitos8 repped this.
  14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A Juan Cazares is an awesome player, don't get me wrong. And I was always a firm believer in him being a starter ONLY if Antonio were to move into a central position leaving Bolanos-Cazares-Montero behind Enner. But he won't be more effective than Miller. I can tell you that much.

Miller has committed dumb mistakes. I mentioned them here too I never avoided them, but at least he has been effective up front when it comes to scoring. Tampoco es Messi. What I've been stating here is WHO IS BETTER THAN HIM? I have yet to hear someone answer. I am waiting for someone to say Felipe Caicedo or Fidel Martinez. LMAO And my next question will be....y adonde estan los goles o asistencias de ellos? Montero almost NEVER scores. The day he scores it's a miracle. And do you notice we've brought this argument up like about a trillion times since he's been 20 years old? Shouldn't he have evolved a lot by now?....Just like the guys at beIN said: "Montero es una promesa eterna". With that you should know that it's not just myself, but the international press knows this kid se QUEDO ALLI NO MAS. No va a dar mas. Ese es su techo. Same with Renato, same with Fidel, same with Joao, etc. These guys hit the ceiling and they never got to the level you and I may have imagined they would one day reach. Se quedaron. Too bad so sad.

It's yet another experience as a fan that you gain as time goes by. Can you imagine this cup if we didn't have Enner or Miller? we would have not scored a single goal yet. That's EMBARRASSING! Truth is, no tenemos seleccion para competir a la par del resto en la actualidad. We just got to admit it. We have serious work to do.

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Casarez and Bolanos made a big difference the 2nd half. We won the 2nd half of the game. The game would have been different had we played like this the 1st half. oh well.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Vizuete had the right Idea only way we where going to evolve find new playing styles and become a different team was with different players renewing the whole squad figuring out how not to depend solely on certain players. I knew Quinteros wasnt going to make it I want to see what happens from here who takes over if he stays or what

Quinteros needed to make an impact quick something that was way out of his reach again he will not make the right decisions use players to their full advantage make his playing systems work or make the appropriate changes to turn around a game. Him being a person who has worked with emelec bolanos ect should know a good percent of our defensive weaknesses disciplinary issues ect he should of been a coach working on those issues from day one or at least planing his time wisely with the nt team. He should have been a coach to use these players to their full potential but has not really.

It surprises me how we do so bad against smaller opponents games where these players should shine and dominate even our local players should have preformed. These smaller games panama and bolivia was where I was expecting miller to do the most make plays, assist, and score truly win games for us or be the center of our attack. But the whole
    team is now under preforming drastically.

I want to get CA over with this was a disaster and i think it safe to say we need to start over again.

Carlitos8 repped this.
  17. Carlitos8

Carlitos8 New Member

May 12, 2015
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Quinteros starts Bolanos because he will get a cut if they sell him, anyway that guy is not going anywhere. the entire country knows Cazares is better, When Vizuete gave Cazares a chance he did much better than Bolanos has in these 6 games, sure 3 goals, 1 penalty missed, 1 penalty given and 1 penalty ruined, add all the missed clear chances and also don't forget he almost caused Bolivia's first goal by not standing still on that free kick. Put all that in a scale and only a fool could say he is worthy of being a starter, Martinez and Enner together up top with Mena and Montero on the wings would be much better. Ayovi's injury was huge, he was a valuable piece to the 4-4-2 Quinteros had planned for this tournament.

I know I never comment here but I enjoy reading the posts and some of them are spot on, However, I am surprised that this hasn't been brought up....I am starting to believe that our players are looking to get Quinteros out of here, I mean we were down 2-0 and Noboa, Ayovi, Paredez came back walking after a corner kick gone bad. Back in the Mexico game there was a rumor that Caicedo was talking mad sh*t after Quinteros let Miller Bolanos take that penalty kick, I mean Caicedo had grabbed the ball and everything, as we all know Valencia and Caicedo are boys yet surprisingly they decide to take the summer off to heal "injuries" I mean Valencias surgery had 2 weeks healing time, he could have easily have done it afterwards.

Anyone who saw the interview of Quinteros will agree that he was p*ssed, he even said that the mistakes that happened weren't team mistakes but individual and those are harder to fix due to them being lack of focus, I have never hears a coach blame directly players for something.

Last but not least there is the Banguera thing, according to a show called "hablemos de futbol" Banguera was upset Dreer and Azcona were taken to Copa America which made Arroyo (his homeboy) upset and he cleared off too, yes supposedly he was injured yet surprisingly he showed up last Wednesday to America's first pre season.

All I am saying is that our players are not the nice guys they seem to be, Erazo supposedly is a dbag who has already argued with Quinteros several times. truth is these guys do not like new faces, there is also the story that Pedro Quinonez had already caused havoc in there yet now he gets full support from Quinteros.

If this is a plot to get rid of a coach it might have worked, I'll bet my car with my wife in it that Quinteros will be fired next Monday, just remember that our players did this before with Suarez. Alex Aguinaga is the only fool who will take this train wreck.

barcelonista1981 and javer repped this.
  18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, my dad was saying the same thing to me. That there's a division between emelec vs other players.

19. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOLOL spot on i actually would like to see that. Vizuete would also be someone who would take this train wreck After all the shit he went on about with Vizuete not being NT coach material it would be time for him to put his money where his mouth is. Either he improves the NT or gets replaced by someone better. At least he'll finally realize he was right or that Vizuete was better than him. After this Copa America and these tensions between players i dont see anyone willing to come to the NT if Quinteros is let go aside from Aguinaga and Vizuete.

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aguinaga does have the respect from most Ecuadorians, I'm sure that applies to players too.

21. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    What a terrible game, I was absolutely embarrassed after watching that whole match, all I could think was wow this Ecuadorian team sucks, no creativity, everyone flip flopping all over the place struggling to pass the ball and make a decent play. I think I feel confident in saying that hands down Quinteros' Ecuador team looked worse than Rueda's team at the 2014 world cup. Honestly, after watching us play today all I can say is that we don't deserve to make it to the next round, and if that were the case I think we might have to watch out for possible rivals Argentina, Uruguay or Paraguay, if we do make it to the next round out of luck, we will be terribly embarrassed if we don't get embarrassed by Mexico the next match.

I think its safe to say that Ecuador is the most boring team in the tournament, I haven't watched Jamaica play but I bet even they put up a bigger fight at this point. There's lots of surprises ahead for the next series of qualifiers, and I believe that if Quinteros doesn't strengthen this team up tactically some of other teams could replace us, by the looks of it Venezuela has gotten out of their slump, Bolivia seems more confident under Mauricio Soria, and Peru seem to be kicking ass under Gareca, not to mention that Paraguay seems to be back in their groove or so it seems. One thing we should take away as a team from Bolivia is they went in, they played and kicked ass when given the oppurtunities. They weren't very fancy, but they sure as hell had more confidence and fluidity than us when they held the ball.

GPisco and barcelonista1981 repped this.
  22. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I actually wanted Vizuete to continue, with all honesty I see Quinteros as a mediocre coach, even when he coached Bolivia, they as a team did ******** all, they got some decent results against Argentina hear and there but overall they were timid and ended up failing to qualify less than halfway through the qualifiers. I'm actually starting to fear that we might become the next Bolivia aka the ceniciente that every team has scratched off on their wall as a team they can easily steal points from. I'd say that Ecuador right now is playing as terrible as Chile under Claudio Borghi when they lost 6 consecutive games in a row both home and away.

23. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yes this might be crazy enough to be true.. i agree with you.. also dont you guys find it fishy that during the
    yes i agree with you.. this might actually be crazy enough to be true! im starting to think ecuador let bolivia win on purpose.. dont you guys find it fishy, in the first half ecuador was playing very slow and unorganized.. but in the second half while bolivia was already up 3- 0, all of a sudden ecuador starts dominating the match?? wtf? this tells me ecuador could have easily done the same during the first half.

Carlitos8 repped this.
  24. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    sorry i double posted, im new

25. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Am I the only one who wanted to choke Montero today? Besides the assist, he's a very frustrating player to watch he needs to look up the word KISS(keep it simple stupid) as a reminder that footwork is worthless when there's no end goal. Sanchez isn't necessarily the fanciest player in Chile, neither is Aranguiz or Vargas or Vidal, but they know went to make the right pass, be at the right place and shoot at the precise moment that they see the opportunity. Chile isn't necessarily fancy, they're organized but their team doesn't try showing off with footwork and bullshit like that, they play hard , organized, possession football and show the results. This is what Ecuador needs, once we get our shit together in fixing our shooting accuracy, set pieces, ball possession and passing, tricks and fancy footwork can come in. The football we played today for the most part stinked, it was not fluid or organized, everyone seemed confused and did anyone notice how Dominguez had to sprint to the half way line and play sweeper after Bolivia caught us off guard on a corner kick? This was after Ecuador's first goal, early in the second half.