Copa America 2024 - General Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by KRCSoccer, Oct 13, 2022.

1. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    #801 BByliner, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    The exceptions might be Mexico and Canada I guess. But forget about it if you want to see one of the big teams play in the US.

2. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they did not, there will be a separate allotment for US Soccer (and AO/Sammers etc). I’d imagine supporters from some other countries will have a separate allotment as well

mazinio repped this.
  3. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW - they dynamically raised the prices a lot from the 10am presales, so you're ahead of the game for now

Imtiaz repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't want it to happen, but a part of me will laugh if Messi opts for the Olympics over Copa America. Seems unlikely though at this point.

marianelah and wixson7 repped this.
  5. Red Crash

Red Crash Member

Santa Fe
    Colombia
    Jun 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    any idea when the final tickets will have a pre sale? so far haven't seen any info on it. was lucky enough to get all tickets I wanted yesterday but just missing the final

6. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read somewhere final tickets would be available April.

7. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    I really doubt other country’s will get an allotment for supporters groups, FWIW.

8. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im guessing it's the International presale starting the same time as the Insiders presale

upload_2024-2-23_10-57-39.png

9. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The reference was to other countries' supporters groups getting a dedicated section (e.g. a full section behind the goal), which is what AO/Sammers/Barra will be getting for US matches.

It seems possible they've arranged that for other countries too, but I can't recall seeing whether any sections were blocked off for non-US matches.

MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  10. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US Insiders presale is for all matches, not just the USMNT matches, so I have no idea what kind of allotments will be there now, initially I though the presale was just for the 3 US matches

11. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Right, the US Insiders presale is no different from the NFL season ticketholders or CONMEBOL presales. And all of these specifically *exclude* the US supporters sections, which are blocked off as of now and will be made available later via AO/Sammers/Barra. Other countries may have a similar allotment for their supporters groups.

MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  12. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insider presale was a joke. Just leftovers from yesterday, and everything dynamically priced higher. Semis I bought yesterday for $350 are now $500 (not resale tickets - face value)

13. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    Yeah? I'm curious to see whats available for the QF in Phoenix, the one where the U.S. might end up. It's the game I'm going to. Seatgeek is preventing resales (which a customer rep tells me it's a temporary measure) so presumably there should be new inventory or nothing left.

I briefly saw Chile Argentina, which is run by Ticketmaster, were pretty much all resales by the time I logged in, and they were going for insane prices.

14. Elgodie7

Elgodie7 New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Feb 7, 2024
    Any idea if there will be a presale for the final as well?

15. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was able to purchase tickets behind the goal for all US matches on Thursday so I’m not sure what the “supporter section” will be (and nothing looked blocked out). I dont think supporter section is really a thing for Conmebol

16. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The US supporters groups confirmed they’ll have a block of tickets for the US matches, which will be put on sale in the coming days. Same as in 2016.

In Atlanta, sections 118 and 136 appeared to be blocked. In KC, it’s section 109 and 129. So I’m guessing one of those will be the US supporters block. Not sure about Dallas since SeatGeek doesn’t provide a detailed view.

17. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    Other countries do not have a section blocked off for their supporters group and are not being coordinated with whatsoever. Feel free to message me if you’d like more detail.

soccer_23 repped this.
  18. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Good info, thanks! It makes sense, I don’t recall any other countries having supporters blocks in 2016 either. Seems a bit unfair, but I guess the US can be allowed some special arrangements as the host country.

I think it’d be better for the stadium atmosphere if they at least offered a section to each country's federation. Especially for smaller countries like Canada or Uruguay, where there might only be a couple hundred fans there. Better to have them all together, like at the World Cup.

19. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    I totally agree with you, for what it’s worth.

soccer_23 repped this.
  20. Melkien

Melkien New Member

Argentina
    Jun 20, 2022
    #820 Melkien, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    Are all the games except semi finals and third place sold out? I just realized about the code today and went in to check prices out but I only get shown both those matches and none others.

It seems I only get resale tickets for those matches.

Apart from that, would you happen to know if tickets are digital or physical?

Thanks

21. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    No. They’re just waiting for the general public sale on the 28th. By end of next week it’ll be pretty indicative of how ticket sales are going based on the secondary market listings.

22. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I've seen April mentioned.

23. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    April

24. Melkien

Melkien New Member

Argentina
    Jun 20, 2022
    Hi, does this mean there might be more tickets released with the general sale? I was wondering if it might be better to wait until then for Argentina-Chile and Argentina-Peru to see if there were some lower prices but I saw some Conmebol Presale ones appear today at similar prices to the re-sale ones, I guess probably not expect them to be any lower than that ($350+).

25. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By tomorrow you will know. I would wait at this point since they are about to release all the tix to the general public. So, unless the big ticket agencies (seatgeek, ticketmaster, etc) are all acting in concert in a way to manipulate the market price like a cartel, the prices should come down after the general sale tomorrow.

ganapordiego and BocaFan repped this.