Copa America 2021 - Final - Brasil x Argentina - 7/10/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Jul 7, 2021.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #26 celito, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Both teams had same intensity. Difference was Argentina found an early goal.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not the end of the world. The World Cup is more important. So many times this century we we have won something the year before the World Cup and been knocked out of the World Cup. I would trade all of those wins for one of those World Cups. Let's hope this is an experience that helps that happen.

If we start this game with Éder Militão and Alex Sandro it would have been a bit stronger. But the only goal we gave up was due to one bad individual mistake.

I hope Thiago Silva is not a starter for the World Cup, and I hope we find a solution up front.

Passing was unusually poor at times today, but we still were overall the better team, though not by much and I don't think the win was undeserved.

3. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So, 7x1 for us, 1 day after the 7th anniversary of the 7x1 game against Germany.

4. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I mean yeah you guys did lose to Argentina in Brazil in the Maracana. This probably should bring back memories of 1950 where you guys lost to Uruguay in the World Cup Final at the Maracana in Brazil when you guys hosted. So I can only imagine what the reactions are like right now in Brazil. I can't help but feel sorry for you guys no really I mean it sincerely and seriously. But with Neymar, he does have a Copa America title to his name. But the things that Neymar has left to accomplish are of course winning a Champions League title and also winning a World Cup with Brazil. Safe to say Brazil they are still a favorite in Qatar even after this loss.

5. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Actually, Neymar did win the Champions League with Barca in 14/15 but still hasn't won Copa America. All he won with the senior team was FIFA Confederations Cup 2013.

6. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabigol.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SO DEPRESSING.
    We deserved at least a tie. An absolute horrible defensive error, two errors which included the goalie coming out like he did, caused this loss.
    Tite finally put in Gabigol, and we had some great chances, but.....
    I agree with some of you, that to me anyway, what matters is the Copa Do Mundo. But let me tell you, losing to the Argies, in the final of Copa America, in the Maracanã, sucks. And watching the Argies celebrate and party down Copa beach is a bitch !

8. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    Tite is tactically outdated and needs to go ASAP, I watched all of Brazil games this Copa and the team lack's tactic awareness when to make a pass, not hold the ball for too long and to adjust for a counter attack.

9. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    No transition at all.

10. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    Actually this loss can be a catalyst for a better future for Brazilian football. It can only make us stronger!

Ofori repped this.
  11. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    And to think that we lost a game to a inferior team like Argentina that isn't any better then us, just shows South America won't win a world cup for a while. Both teams sucks balls and have no chance of winning the world cup next year.

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Whom would you replace Tite with?

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Foi um resultado decepcionante, para dizer o óbvio, e pessoalmente creio que a arbitragem foi muito branda para com as faltas constantes marcadas sobre os jogadores brasileiros. O gol deles saiu num erro muito incomum da nossa zaga.

Do pouquíssimo que pude assistir, pois circumstâncias pessoais me preveniram de assistir o jogo ontem, foi um jogo truncado e o Brasil teve uma ligeira vantagem em termos de qual time jogou melhor.

Porém, o que temos que ter em mente é que este resultado, mesmo que desagradável, deve ser enxergado em contexto. Desde a chegada de Tite, foi somente a segunda derrota em jogos oficais – 2 derrotas em quase 5 anos. Se o Brasil tivesse ganhado, seria “apenas mais uma” vitória para um técnico que tem um aproveitamento altíssimo.

Indo além dos fatores deste jogo: a rivalidade com a Argentina, o jogo no Rio, final de Copa América... o que como torcedor eu espero que aconteça é que o Tite volte à estudar e rever seus conceitos. Eu não somente discordo completamente com os brasileiros que no calor do momento exigiram a sua demissão, mas rejeito tal idéias como imaturas e impulsivas. A Copa do Mundo de 2022 é o objetivo maior – a Copa do Mundo é sempre o objetivo mais importante – e graças ao trabalho do Tite, o Brasil está em primeiro lugar com 6 vitórias em 6 jogos. Mudar de técnico agora não faria sentido; dentro do atual futebol brasileiro, não há um técnico melhor que o Tite, e apesar de eu ser um mero torcedor que nunca conhecerá pessoalmente nenhum dos jogadores, o que ele conseguiu até agora, inclusive a Copa América de 2019 e o primeiro lugar nas eliminatórias de 2018 e de 2022 (até agora pelo menos) me faria pensar que os jogadores estão ao lado de Tite e querem que ele fique.

O Tite não é perfeito, e ele certamente não é o melhor técnico que o futebol brasileiro já teve. Mas ele merece ficar pelo que fez até agora. Ele quase que certamente sairá após a Copa do Mundo de 2022, mas tirá-lo do cargo agora seria uma injustiça e uma grande besteira. E se depois dele sair o Brasil começar a ter resultados mais inconsistentes, vai ter muita gente pedindo que ele volte.

As Eliminatórias da Copa do Mundo de 2022 logo voltarao. No dia 2 de setembro, o Brasil pega o Chile em Santiago. No dia 7, é o Peru em Porto Alegre. Estarei torcendo pelo Brasil; nunca torcerei por qualquer time que enfrentar o Brasil, porque isso pra mim é idiotice e traição.

14. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    At this moment no one in Brazil, it obvious that the same mistakes from past and present it is hurting Brazil from Winning the World Cup. New vision is needed and competition from outside is never bad at all.

15. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    It obvious by now that Brazil needs a rebirth from base to the top.

Ofori repped this.
  16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    #41 Kaka10725, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    I would not fire Tite even though post WC8 we have not look good and also This is only our 2nd lost in competitive games with him in charge but players like Renato Augusto and Paulinho are underrated in the grande scheme of things of how they operated in Tite system.

I think our player development in the midfield department is outdated. I’m watching the Euros and how teams like Spain, France, Italy transition from midfield to attack

celito repped this.
  17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    That is my point but Brazil needs to bring in more of their youth into this side

18. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    #43 Brazil_1500, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  19. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
  20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Asking for Tite to leave now is silly. And if the press has to reach out to Serginho Chulapa to find someone who thinks like that, that's a good sign.

Replacing the coach today does not increase our chances.

21. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    Even Romario is saying the same, keeping tite now is only increasing our chance to suffer another 7-1.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    On firing Tite....

I do wonder if some of the angry Brazilian fans who went on Twitter to demand Tite's firing are even old enough to remember the 2000-2002 period. If they think the result from 2 days ago warrants summarily discarding a nearly 5-year project which has seen 1 continental title (and the reaching of another final), 2 official match defeats in 5 years, and an easy first place qualification for the 2018 World Cup as well as 6 straight wins in 6 matches of 2022 WCQ, they would have had a collective seizure had they witnessed what Brazil went through from the post-Sydney Olympics firing of Wanderley Luxemburgo to Émerson Leão’s erratic results to the ultimate hiring of Luiz Felipe Scolari, which included a debacle in the 2001 Copa América.

A characteristic which seems to be ingrained in the culture of domestic Brazilian football is to fire managers once things go sour. I was actually worried São Paulo would have fired Crespo after several matches in the Campeonato Brasileiro without wins, but I’m glad Crespo stayed and now that he’s back following 3 matches away due to Covid-19, SPFC won two in a row (which admittedly is no sign of great things to come, but it’s always better to win). So Tite lost one official match (the first in THREE years) and he must be terminated?

People who demand that don’t get that to do so would actually grant power and influence to the very factors which were involved in this result (Argentina’s NT). So Tite being fired would only lead some of them to brag “we ended our drought in Brazil against Brazil and sent Tite packing!” Does anybody really want this?

There is NO manager who is Brazilian who is remotely as good as Tite is. He is not perfect and I don’t always agree with him but consistency helps. Yes, one day he will need to leave; the time will come when it will best for both Brazil and Tite to part ways, but that time has not yet come. Not 1 year and 4 months away from the 2022 World Cup.

For Brazil, the ultimate goal is ALWAYS the World Cup. Brazil won the Copa América in 2019 – it would have been great to win it again, but the 2021 edition (actually 2020) was only created for commercial purposes. Having no tournament in either 2020 or 2021 and waiting until 2024 would have been perfectly fine. If Tite leads Brazil to the Hexa in 2022, will anybody really mourn what happened this past weekend?

Tite is a pragmatist, on and off the pitch. The tournament is over and Tite wasn’t happy his team didn’t win it, but he will soon be back on the drawing board, studying and preparing for the September fixtures; since June 14, Brazil faced 6 of the other 9 CONMEBOL sides. Bolívia is irrelevant (no disrespect but outside the altitude of their cities, they almost always lose to Brazil). Uruguay and Paraguay: we defeated Uruguay in November 2020 and Paraguay a bit over 1 month ago. Tite will take whatever he saw from these matches and apply it to the upcoming relevant WCQ fixtures.

Tite will also observe the Olympic team. Even if Brazil doesn’t win gold, Tite will pay attention to whatever youngsters may deserve a September call-up.

Tite is criticized because Brazil doesn’t compare, ostensibly, to UEFA teams. But it’s not his fault the calendar makes friendlies with UEFA teams extremely difficult, and the pandemic didn’t help. He’s got nothing left other than CONMEBOL and a few teams from other federations. Brazil wins most of these CONMEBOL matches and friendlies.

Querem que o Tite faça o quê? Deixa ele trabalhar, porra.

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    With all due respect, bro, this 7-1 talk (which is often used by naysayers and some very critical Brazilian sports journalists) has become emotional sloganeering to manipulate people's emotions. It's not going to happen again. It didn't happen in 2018, it didn't happen after Dunga replaced Scolari in 2014, and it hasn't happened since Tite replaced Dunga.

Ombak repped this.
  24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Chulapa is an assistant coach, so reporters went to him for the opinion of a current professional. It's telling that they had to go that far.

Romario's opinion counts too, but it would be in a different category, basically just a celerity opinion, former player.

In both cases, they're just falling into the typical Brazilian pattern of dumping a coach for the optics of it and ignoring the work done. As CB points out above.

Who would replace him? How would they be able to change things in 16 - 18 games and only one and a half seasons? What players are missing that would change this team? None of those questions have good answers.

And the 7x1 talk is not productive discourse.

25. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    No, Now it the time replace tite before the World Cup. Brazil lacks transition, fluidity in it passes and the team doesn't know to overcome adversity when it plays against aggressive teams with biases referees. The Copa final show us why tite needs to go period!