Copa America 2019

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by omajac, Oct 8, 2018.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I do question Neymar's psychological state though. Even if he is innocent, this whole thing is gonna affect the team.

4. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he should've paid the settlement then if it's going to affect him this bad. That CBF VP is indeed a ********ing moron.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wasn't a settlement, was hush money. Which can backfire in the future. Plus, he can't predict what she is going to do. She could have just gone away or filed later.

6. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Best we can assert right now is they had some rough sex. She wanted more. He didn't show up or showed up late. Something turned it into an altercation before or during a 2nd sexual encounter. Neymar Sr. says he was there for 10 mins and realized she was filming them with her cell phone. Then she got mad and aggressive and he had to calm her down .. which may include defending himself and throwing her on the bed.

She is on her 2nd lawyer. The first lawyer, who met Neymar's lawyers, dropped her. His strategy was to come to an off-court agreement with Neymar and possibly charge him with aggression in civil court (not rape) if that didn't work. When Neymar Sr. turned any settlement conversation down, she got mad and started attacking her lawyer and he dropped her.

Neymar Sr. seems pretty calm about her releasing a video and encourages her to do it.

Putting those 2 facts together makes it look like there was no rape, but some sort of aggression ... which may have been Neymar defending himself and trying to calm her down.

10. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Neymar has known for weeks that the video was coming. He flew to Rio and joined the training sessions at Granja Comary anyway. I doubt he's going anywhere.

11. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    from the chat that Neymar has published on youtube, she was low key threatening him before the 2nd encounter took place. Safe to say the altercation was a setup.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar taking a Summer off would be the best thing that could happen to the team right now.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think this is bigger than selecao , it is about principals. Someone can make up something about you tomorrow and using your logic you'd just quit your job and take it.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I think Neymar is innocent. This reminds me very much of the "mattress girl" rape case at Columbia University in NY a few years back. The man accused received text messages from the female student he supposedly raped... she said she missed him and loved him and even texted him saying "f**me in the butt."

Don't get me wrong guys. Rape is wrong, heinous, and disgusting. I have a mother and a wife. I am going to teach my son never to touch a woman without her permission. But in this day and age of #metoo and so very many men's lives destroyed by petty and evil women who concocted lies (and these women often get away without any penal punishment), I'm way too suspicious.

Neymar is a millionaire and he has women throwing themselves at him. I'm not saying men in his position shouldn't be gentlemen; I am however saying that women have been known for all of history for seeking powerful and wealthy men, and those endowed with incredible beauty have been among the guiltiest.

Look at Donald Trump's wife. Look at the wives of professional NBA, NFL, UEFA players. Why don't they marry ugly poor guys? Why do these millionaires always get to pick the hottest women? Because they are essentially exchanging power and prestige and comfort and wealth for sex.

As for the team, I will wait until tonight and see whether Neymar's performance has in any way been affected by this scandal. I saw the video posted by @samuel_clemens and agree with both him and @IVO ! that this is a set-up.

Been around way too long and seen way too many shady and malandra women using this to gain sympathy. Seen friends spend thousands to defend themselves from false accusations and possible imprisonment. Was disgusted by the way the U.S. press and American leftists crucified Brett Kavanaugh last fall without any evidence (thankfully he is on the U.S. Supreme Court now).

I hope this is ultimately verified as a farce and that Neymar sues the hell out of this person.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cristiano Ronaldo has similar allegations against him that has been pending for a couple years now.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was either a setup from the beginning or she got pissed with the little attention she got . Taking these women on trips like this is normal for players . Vampeta once took 6 to Paris , but he gave them attention . Took them out and stuff. Neymar just wanted to hit and run. It’s clear in the messages too because he said she’d be alone most of the time. She agreed , but maybe she was expecting a little more once she got there. Due to his profile he can’t be walking around with women and it not be news. But R9 and R10 all managed to do it without I being an issue. Different times though . Gotta be careful.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo is mentally stronger though . Neymar apparently had yet another break down with Tite.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, no, because I don't think this applies in every case. I'm talking about this one specifically and I'm not even commenting specifically on the culpability here.
    Here is one reason why ^

I'm not going to comment on the details of the case, I don't feel like getting into an argument on the internet about the subject.

It seems to me the CBF VP who mentioned Neymar might take a break was engaging in wishful thinking, trying to give him a hint. It's not a good sign or the team environment if some people feel that way, others are shielding Neymar (his father handling everything without any regard for CBF, the team or anyone else).

I'd rather the team not have to spend all Summer babysitting him and trying to ignore the "distraction".

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it can be viewed both ways . But if he is innocent , why should he relinquish the team ? Innocent before proven guilty. The circus will be there with him there yeah, but take him out and we flop and the other side will criticize for excluding the teams best player . It’s a lose lose situation. IMO The decision to play or not has to come from Neymar.

CBF VP is a moron ... right after Tite said Neymar is staying and that this is in essence a private matter . The organization had to be in sync. It’s amateur hour for him to have said that...if not vile.

If this is all that’s gonna come out for now , it can be handled . If more shot comes out , have to re-evaluate .

Emperor Adriano and Mengão86 repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Como jogador raiz escapa da pressão .... :ROFLMAO:

21. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #121 samuel_clemens, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    I agree that Neymar should stay right where he is. this Copa America is critical for Tite and Neymar is still our best player. If he buckles, and we lose this Ca as a result, Tite will probably get sacked, and then we may not qualify to 2022. Look at the cascade of events this one hoe may ignite. Lets not empower them hoes. Talent has gotten scarce to the point that one player can make an incredible difference, in a without Zidane France 02 vs with Zidane France 06 kinda way.

22. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho has been able to keep such a low profile that i actually get suspicious of him sometimes. Even R9 has had his share of scandals, the tranny thing, the week long marriage to cicarelli due to his cheating, the illegitimate half japanese kid. Yet with R10 we hear nothing. The guy abandoned his career as a serious players at his peak for the booze, so we know he doesnt have the best judgement. Yet not one night in his party animal lifestyle he forgets to pull out, not one night he says ******** it and nuts do n one of his hoes. No blackmails. No honeytraps. No scandals. Makes me wonder if his “low profile” is of the Cristiano Rinaldo type, if you get my drift.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly.. That's what's bothering me. The knifes have been sharpening towards Neymar for a long time , i went on a rant last month about it then this happens. Sure, like celito mentioned he gives ammo but why do so many people want to see him destroyed?

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My friend says it's because he supported Bolsonaro. I tell him the attack on Neymar started before ... when he fought with Globo. They criticized him a lot in the Olympics and that's a bit before elections.

The paradox of Neymar is that a lot of people don't like him, but his teammates seem like him a lot (most of them it appears) and only speak good things about him. At least at Barca he had great friendship with Messi, Suarez, Pique. He also had every reason for people to fell sympathy for him because of the WC 2014 injury incident. He went from having sympathy to being literally mocked and despised in 2 WCs. Add to that he has been much more professional in terms of training compare to R9, R10, Romario ...

His list of negative incidents has grown pretty big though. However, Romario had a lot as well and people liked him most of the time. But Romario, as arrogant as he may have been, was transparent and authentic. Wasn't shielded by his father and coaches. Didn't give canned answers. And like I've said before, he also won a WC and CAs.