Pre-match: Copa America 2015 Discussion

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Nov 24, 2014.

1. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @RiverGaucho From where i can get ramon diaz paraguay shirt...?

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And the funny thing is we have the worst one.

cigar_city, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess you could get one custom made, but you know Ramon Diaz is Argentine right? He played for Argentina in 1982 world cup and 1979 sub 20 as top scorer (more goals than Maradona) H

He made his career at River but also played for Avellino, Fiorentina, Inter, amongst others. He is the winningest coach in River's history and one of the top 5 idols we have

jimmi_moh repped this.
  4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I saw him pumping his players prior to the PK's. While Martino was worried about Tevez shooting. Lol.

5. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow

Argentina- Paraguay in semis. Never in a millon years, when this tournament started, i would have thought this was gonna be the semifinal

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Liverpool apparently paid 29 million euros for Firmino, who was awful and got subbed off. I had never heard of him before the tournament. What a waste lol

John Baldessari repped this.
  8. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Poor showing from Brasil.

I almost think they didn't want to face us...

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  9. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do u guys think about paraguay? How hard do you think it would be?

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't it incredible what they pay for any panqueque when transferring between European teams? However, when you got a crack like Pezzella coming from a South American club, they get stingy about stretching even a penny past 2.5 million :rolleyes:

cigar_city and SupaMario repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most Brazilians never heard of him either. I beleive he played in the second division in Brazil but moved over to Germany as a teen.

Anyways, I want this cup. I'd love to get to the final vs Chile. One game at a time though.

Christina99 repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They'll defend as they did in the first game. We can't afford to let them have life. No PK's, please.

Christina99 and RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They kicked amazing pks today.

Dont want pks against them. We need to score two early and then put all 11 to defend like if we were Iran

14. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    oh man , so much happiness

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It doesn't matter what year you're reading this:

"Paraguay will defend and be well organized. They will fight with their garra guarani and never give up. They will try and score on set pieces, they are good in the air. They have very little midfield creativity."

Literally, this is the history of Paraguay from the beginning of time until, bar a few exceptions.

Personally, I would be much more worried IF Ramon had convinced Iturbe to (re)switch allegiances to Paraguay. That being said, we still have to be 100% focused, as Uruguay found out, set pieces will be crucial

Christina99 repped this.
  16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think they look confident. I don't think they'll stay back as they did to start the group stage match. When in the 2nd half they decided to attack us with speed on the wings, they owned our laterals. I think Martino has to adjust in terms of having Zabaleta (who thankfully replaces Roncaglia) and Rojo play more conservative. Also I'd keep Biglia to partner Masche, to help support our laterals. On offense we have to be patient, we have enough fire power up front, and if we keep creating chances at some point they have to start going in.

Christina99 repped this.
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paraguay is playing with house money now. That's dangerous. Definitely don't want PKs with them. Hopefully we learned something from the first game.

Christina99 repped this.
  18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And if it does go to penalties, I hope Roque Santa Cruz takes the crucial one. :D

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Basically this, you can't change too much by now, just count on luck returning.

Shouts to Ramon, who I don't personally think is as good of a manager as others do. he still won a ton at River, and that's all that ultimately matters to me. This Paraguay of his is fine work, from what I read there were not especially high hopes for this team going in to the cup. It was basically a team transitioning between generations, but Ramon's got them playing well with very little pressure. That kid Derlis Gonzalez is a stud, he played a hell of a game against Argentina too, it was when he came in that changed that game

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can smile at this, and a part me is but there is a part of me that makes me wonder why they have been so bad since 2010 and on. They've had poor managers, that's for sure,Mano Menezes, Scolari and Dunga returns. Not hiring Tite was a mistake. However, a big part is that they are sending a lot of their youngsters to countries like Ukraine, or Russia and they never fully develop. For the most part, at least some of our youngsters at least go to Spain and Italy where the culture is similar.

Don't get me wrong, our youngsters pretty much fell on their faces in the Sub 20's a month ago. However, our next generation at least have individual talent, I look at some of these Brazilians, and they have to resort calling up players like Robinho? We were arguing why the likes of Dybala and Icardi get left out, the reason we've got established players who are also 20 goal scorers who take their spots. The issue with our youngsters, they don't know how to play as a team, there is no chemistry.

The Bra U20 side did make the final but lost, so there is a glimmer of hope. Then again, they can be sent to the Gulag and never hear from them.

cigar_city repped this.
  21. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The managers in the semi finals
    Tata Martino ( # Arg )
    Jorge Sampaoli (# chi)
    Ramon Diaz (# Par )
    Ricardo Gareca (# Per )
    are all ARGENTINES!

11666043_850321168393555_3472194967056345553_n.jpg

cigar_city, Loco and Rattlehead repped this.
  23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So we've overcome defending champ Uruguay, eliminated Colombia and Brazil's out before facing us....

Any excuse not to win this tournament?! Tata's weak managing so far perhaps?

Christina99 repped this.
  24. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wow, didn't even think about it. Hopefully only Tata will remain standing at the end ;)

25. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I once saw Ramon and Gareca manage their ways to a shit 0-0 draw.