Copa America 2015: Argentina vs Chile Final

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    En mi opinion, no deberia irse .....pero si seria bueno que cediera la banda, el es el hombre “perro “solo se concentra en el balon y en jugar.....no esta atento para imponer liderazgo, reclamar o trasmitir por lo menos de manera expresiva un cambio de actitud cuando se necesita

Capitan debe ser masche....ahora en el futbol moderno la selecciones estan poniendo de capitan a su jugador mas talentoso como si eso fuera requisito.

cigar_city repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Crespo was only a sub in 1998 and 2002, he played like 10 minutes in 2002 and still scored the equalizer. He scored 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games in 2006, he was subbed early in that game. He started Copa 2007 with 3 goals and then got injured. You see he still score as many as Messi and Aguero in major tournaments in such limited appearence.

Crespo also had 2 goals in CL final just like Messi, only that Messi was in superior team that often dominates their opponent. Messi scored against Brazil in frinedlies, Crespo did it in qualifier to sent us to WC 2006.

Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    ... and this is coming from Pipita's ooooooooldest and most loyal fan.... :giggle:

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    His goal against Jamaica and Paraguay must be the reason why he's still trusted more than Tevez. Against Chile its clear that we need someone who's willing to run their ass off and obviously Pipita will only run if he's chasing some pasta.

ArgentineInRiyadh repped this.
  5. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Why is it not plausible that this ultra talented team is replete with chokers? Honestly, aside from Aguero's goal to give Man City their title, who among the striker corp of the last 10 years has scored a goal when it was NEEDED at any time?

Higuain, Aguero, Teveza, Messi - None of these guys have been bring it back to tie it to or break the tie with a goal players. None of them. Really. I love them all, but the last two WC & CA have provided ridiculously solid foundation for this position.

And while i hope he does not stay away very long, I hope Messi takes the loooong break he DESERVES and recharges his batteries - i can assure you all fu(king Barca won't encourage him to rest, or force him to sit out.

His absence will force AFA and whomever the DT is to do their fu(king jobs and not kill the golden goose Messi.

I love TaTa, legend of Newell's - but I'd rather have Gareca or Sampaoli right now at the helm. Despite my hope and expectation that he would flourish as DT, he has not impressed me as a DT.

The most impressive thing he has done were the reincorporation of Tevez and Pastore. I hope the latter learned a great deal from this and is prepared to assume the Messi /#10 role when Pulga goers on that long sabbatical.

Ruthlessly efficient #9 is the primary need for the Albiceleste, now more than ever. I say a cara dura sin verguenza such as Newell's product Icardi would be perfect.

6. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Crespo is one of my all-time favorite athletes. It's not a criticism that I thought was valid. But I remember that right around 2004 or so, I was on a couple of fan boards where people used to kill Crespo because they said he hadn't scored an important goal for Argentina yet. Most notably, that he had only scored once against Brazil (in a friendly) up to that point.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crespo era un crack, creo que gracias a el me anime a ver futbol europeo a pleno cuando lo ficho el inter! que siempre me gusto pero nunca ganaba

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but up to 2004 how many times Crespo has played for Argerntina? the fact that he retired from NT with only 64 caps , compare that to Tevez or Messi... you'll get my point. Isnt Crespo Argentina all time goalscorer in qualifier? Crespo scored 35 goals and 26 of them came in competitive matches (qualifier, WC and Copa).

Sadly Crespo wasnt there when we played CA 2004 final, Confederation 2005 final and 2007 final.

9. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    in 2006 messi scored in the min 90 against mexico and it wasnt allowed. the thing is their mistakes for us disappear against the big teams. could you mention a referee mistake against germany, brazil. italy, netherlands when we played them in WC??? for me i can not think of even one. but i can remember numerous horrible mistakes against us. for example, in 1990 the referee added 8 minutes in the second extra time. he did not want italy to reach the penalties.
    and against brazil at that particular tournament the ref did not allow caniggia goal at the min 15!! and against germany in the final you know what happened. ;)so it is clear that we played three consecutive games against brazil, italy and germany and we suffered from the refs in all games:cool: thats why I suggested the holy bribe:D

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    England won 1966 WC after the ref counted England's goal that never cross the line against Germany. In 2010, the oppositte happened to England. Their goal clearly crossed the line and not counted.

Ref mistake against Italy? do you watch what the ref did to them and Spain in 2002 WC? S Korea bought all the officials.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I do not think Crespo would make any difference in confederation 2005. the team entered the competition to try different formations, tactics, and players.
    my point is that when they played us the referee was on their side. when we played germany in every game since 1986 the refs were on their side, when we played brazil the refs were on their side.

regarding the mistakes you mentioned they just prove that some WC were fixed. and this is the major reason why we could not win WC in along time

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #438 Rattlehead, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Fixed match do exist but you really think Messi, Higuain and Palacio miss in that final were all fixed? Germany was booked twice before HT and not any Argentina player has been booked at the time. Argentine players are notorious for having mental breakdown in final showdown. It happened to Ronaldo Luis in 1998 final but he finally did it 4 years later.

In 90's and early 2000, other big teams also had a world class players, thus losing to them would be more acceptable. This Messi generation can only be matched by Germany in term of individual talents, yet they're not able to beat an average Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia and Chile?

pepinointer repped this.
  13. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    in 2014 final the referee did not send of Howedes early in the game for his challenge against Zaba. this would have changed the outcome of the game. BTW world cup fixing is real as per Havelange and lennart Johanson

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Entonces que expulsen del fútbol a Higuaín, Messi y palacio por comerse los mano a mano en la final de manera voluntaria para favorecer el arreglo

15. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I wish to see Di Maria play in the left full back if Rojo gets injured or suspended. also Pereyra can function as right full back. I hope Tata will read my post.

16. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    anyway there is copa 2016 hope we win this time.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully we ranked #10 in qualifier after few matches so Tata would be sacked.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are all better than Pipita if not potentially better. Icardi is already a better player. Tata was an idiot to open his mouth and chastise Icardi about his personal life. Dybala, I personally have high hopes for, I think he is very special. And Vietto is very good too, he will prosper under the tutelage of Cholo.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

cigar_city repped this.
  20. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Out:
    Pipita
    tevez
    Lavezzi
    Gago

Bring:
    Icardi
    vietto
    Dyabla
    Correra
    Kranevitter

1: We struggled against team that is parking the bus.
    2: We struggled against team that played high pressing game on the wings with tight spce .

3: we just score against a team that , played open game [ 8 goals against paraguay alone].

These are about stratgy we can blame tata about that ,
    But what happened to our fighting spirit ..?

Did we tried anything on final...?
    why we are not flexible and change according to opponent strategy..?

We need pragmatic , flexible coach who can change the tactics based on the opponent.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's always an excuse from Messi fan, he's tired once he reach the final (in national team).

22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought you are among those fans :)

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, I paid attention to Barca for first time because of Brazillian Ronaldo and I started to follow the team since Rivaldo & Saviola era , so it wasnt because of Messi existence that I supported the team. However, he's Argentine and I pretty much supported all Argentine players no matter what club they're playing and I want them to do well. Messi never delivers for Argentina in tournament final and I'm just telling the truth. How many finals he had won for Barca? I lost count.

jimmi_moh repped this.
  24. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Am still gutted after the final :(

We didnt even tried to win that adds more agony , infact against colombia we tried our best but ospina stopped our chances and eventually we won that in shoot out.

But the final was completely different , they hold our buckle and dictate the game , i lost the count how many times we loose the ball in midfield from messi and pastore SMH.