Contra

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by RomoStriker, Oct 28, 2004.

1. RomoStriker

RomoStriker New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Hey,

I don't understand why Contra has only played in one game and hasn't even made an epl debut yet. Is Contra finally gonna get his chance against Chelsea? If they got him here then why isnt he even playing? He can do it all he can play defend attack anything you want him to. WBA better give him some more chances.

Thanks,
    RomoStriker

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first post in the MEGSON OUT thread has a link to a recent article indicating that Contra is frustrated at the fact he hasn't had any first team action. He said he wants out from the loan deal. The fact is, Gary Megson went after genuine talent from Europe in Contra, Zoltan Gera and Artim Sakiri, but he had not made use of them.

I believe that's one of the reasons Megson was sacked this week.

There had been some fear that Contra was not match-healthy (as he hadn't had seen competitive first team action in more than a year). But if he is screaming for a place he deserves it... it puzzles me why he had not been selected after we had defenders serving multiple-match suspensions.

I think caretaker manager Frank Burrows and whoever gets the job on a full-time basis need to at least give Contra and Sakiri (ZERO first team matches this season) a serious look and a chance to prove themselves in the Premier League.