Content that is actually available in HD

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Feb 1, 2010.

1. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    With FSC HD just over the horizon and with GolTV HD scheduled to launch in January of 2017, I was a little curious which leagues and competitions are actually available in HD. One question of the bat is that if a competition is available in HD in it's home country, is it automatically available in HD internationally, or do distribution companies decide whether to make an HD feed available for international audiences.

We all know all weekend and Monday EPL games are available in HD, other than the Sat 10am matches. Are midweek games available??? Cup competitions???

I believe all Bundesliga matches are available, all Eredivise, all Serie A, some(not sure if all) La Liga and I know alot(if not all) Ekstraklasa matches available. Would be nice to compile a little list

EPL-All matches except Sat 10 am. (Are midweek games available in HD?)
    FA Cup-?
    Carling Cup-?
    Championship-?

Serie A-All matches I believe

Bundesliga-All matches I believe

Eredivise-All matches I believe

La Liga-Most(if not all) matches

Ligue 1-?

Ekstraklasa-Most(if not all) matches

SPL-?

A League-?

RPL-?

Anything in South or Central America??

2. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    goltv 2017?! really?! :eek:

3. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2017? Wow. That's pathetic. They'll have been bought by FOX by then.

4. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    DFL Enterprises distributes 3 Bundesliga matches each round (out of 9) to international audiences in HD.

Not all La Liga matches are distributed to international audiences in HD.

Remember that 16:9 aspect ratio does NOT equate HD.

5. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Ah, for the days of La Liga on Worldsport HD....oh well......

6. Onyewu Power Station

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    i cant tell if goltv 2017 is a joke or not. the way that channel is run .... lol.

i would love rpl in hd. dont ******** up fsc+

7. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California
    Amazingly, you left off the League that a) was first available in HD in the USA, and b) is likely to be the most frequently shown in HD on FSC-HD, namely the UEFA Champions League.

AFAIK, "most" of the matches are available in HD.

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    MLS on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC has been in HD for several seasons.
    MLS was available on HDnet through the 2008 season.
    MLS will (likely) be available on FSC-HD and on TeleFutura HD in 2010.

9. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Is every MLS game shot in HD??? Do cities that have MLS teams show their games on their RSN in HD?

10. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    in 2009, not every MLS game was produced in HD. (and I doubt the league will reach that point in 2010. although, there supposedly is a new media initiative coming from the league this year, but I have no idea if that relates to HD production or involves some other media changes/improvements.)

I can't speak for every market, but I know CSN Mid Atlantic produces (the non-nationally televised) home DC United matches in HD. (I'd imagine other local tv partners with MLS clubs have different agreements and production specs. not every team has a local broadcast deal with an RSN. some teams -- like Seattle, Houston, Philly, and perhaps other I believe -- are carried by local OTA broadcast channels. I assume we'll learn more about the broadcast details as the MLS season approaches and starts on 3/25.)

11. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle's games were available in HD last season as well, and there are rumors that Colorado's (home) games may be available in HD in the local market this season as well.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, Columbus broadcasts on ONN make FSC-SD look pretty damn good. (insert appropriate smiley.)

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DC United and Seattle are the only two who have HD. LA has that fake HD with the sidebars, and the rest look like they are over the air 1950s channels.

14. BSjanitor

BSjanitor Member

Jun 11, 2004
    in Brazil the national league has at least 2 matches in 1080i HD every round. One free to air, another on pay tv. I doubt they will be distributed in HD, though.

15. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    In Portugal they have the big 3 teams in HD each week, once a while they'll have a random 4th game.