Conor Casey Update?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by onlyifvickplayedsocr, Dec 14, 2005.

1. onlyifvickplayedsocr

Dec 30, 2004
    Any news out there? Haven't heard much about him lately. Last I heard he was able to run. Will he figure into our WC plans if he's healthy by January?

2. onlyifvickplayedsocr

Dec 30, 2004
    Too bad he is injured. With Bundesliga experience I could see him doing well against the Czech Rep. He has the size. I suppose he is too far away ,physically, to be ready.

3. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    i've been watching this guy play since the oly 2000 in Sydney but, i haven't really seen him scored a goal, he had been very dangerous throughout the game in Sydney but, that was it.

4. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Yanks abroad had him as "still recovering" from his injury this last weekend..

5. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    oops sorry once, when he scored for his club, FC Mainz... and was a great goal by the way.

6. Shackleton

Shackleton New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    N. Texas
    Last I heard he was still recovering. I think the odds are against him getting back in the picture at this point. First, he's never scored a goal for the USMNT, so I'd say he wasn't more than a marginal selection before his injury. Second, he needs to play regularly and do well for his club. Assuming he does that starting in January, he might get a look with the team in March when it plays two friendlies in Europe. By that time, Arena will be concentrating more on preparation than player evaluation, so it seems less likely that he'll be included. OTOH, Twellman and Ching have not solidified a hold on the backup target forward slot, so if they continue to not do well and Casey is playing well for his club, then maybe he gets a another look anyway.

7. Super White Boy

Super White Boy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Wasn't he lighting it up in the Bundesliga 2 and then scored only one goal with Mainz since they got into the top flight? (Actually I thnk the last goal he scored for his previous team got Mainz into the Bundesliga and then he made the switch to them.)

I know he has been injured since the Gold Cup.

8. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i honestly do not see how he makes it into this roster.... UNless he actually scores some goals, first for club, then for country, which he has not done much of the last year or more.....