Congratulations to Adelaide United

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Chelski$$$, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Chelski$$$

Chelski$$$ New Member

Oct 19, 2003
    What a start for Adelaide United! A thrilling first round win against Brisbane and then a come behind win against Newcastle, who are the bench mark of the league, 3-2.

Have ur say on the finest team out of the finest state!

2. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Perth Glory are the bench mark for Australian football! They have been for 8 seasons now! Adelaide have used the Perth Model and are successful as the Glory are. Just remember who sparked this reformation and that is PERTH GLORY, the true BEST FANS IN THE LAND! :D

3. Adelaide Forever

Adelaide Forever New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    Keep your eyes on Adelaide, Glorious_Fan.

Perth Glory started the reformation, Adelaide will help the trend along some more.

But anyway...

We've seen the best from the west, now all will see South Australia's best artillery!

COOOOOME OOOOOON UUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEDS!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

4. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    Glad to hear about Adelaide United drawing so well and also that the Glory have been so successful for so long. But is the Glory model always successful? Northern Spirit were supposed to follow the model, but I do not believe they are doing well financially. Can someone tell me what their situation is?

5. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Well indeed.

Perth, Adelaide & Newcastle (just) are teams that i feel have showed that the 'Glory' model works. Yes Spirit attracted crowds of 17000in its first season but poor results and only being in the NSL Championship series only twice (1998/99 & 2002/2003). I would of thought that being in the finals last season the fans would of come back or started to come back but they have moved away to Parramatta and the other clubs but mainly boycotted games for some strange reason. I see no future for Spirit in the new NSL/APL. But everyone is baffled why they have failed. Also Parramatta, Carlton, Brisbane, Kingz and Canberra are also teams that have failed and either still on one last leg or folded. PLus Northern Spirit after their first season their founding chairman Remo Nogorotto decided to run for Soccer Australia chairman and the new management screwed up the club.

There needs to be money for administration, players, venues, advertising and all that will create quality so people can watch NSL games and not be embarrased and not only watch UEFA games but NSL ones as well.

Here is a comparrison of Perth and the Spirit:
    Spirit 157 -57-28-72-207-262-(-55)
    Glory 211-119-40-52-420-259-(161)
    (P-W-D-L-GF-GA-GD)
    Includes premiership and championship matches.
    Glory 1996-2003
    Spirit 1998-2003

6. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Oh by the way the Spirit are doing ok at the moment with 4 wins 0 draws and 5 losses. However the average crowds are at 2000. :(

Perth are 6-1-3 2 losses on the trot :( we will win next week!

7. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for that info, Glorious Fan. I'm sure that Glory will have a hand in this year's title chase as well!

8. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    no worries i am loaded with these stats on the NSL!