Congrats! Buddle to All-Star game

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 15, 2008.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
  2. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well done!

3. julez88

julez88 Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Awesome news!! Good for Buddle, the guy deserved it man!!

4. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent choices. The team actually looks pretty strong this year, with a lot of the players in very good form. There's a decent chance they'll thrash a pre-season West Ham, which would be nice.

Honestly never thought Buddle would be one of three Galaxy players to make the team. Extremely pleasant surprise, and very good to see. Here's to hoping Franklin continues to develop to the point where he's in contention next year or the year after.....

5. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great choice from the Commissioner. Buddle was a well-deserved callup.

His choice of DeRo, though....eh, it's because he's Canadian, not based on merit. DeRo hasn't been the same DeRo for 2 years now.

But judging by what I'm reading over on the MLS N&A thread about TFC and their proposed "protest" at the All-Star game - actually, it seems it's an army of 1 that's going to protest ....I'm fine with throwing them a bone. :) They get both DeRo and Onstad - who I can't believe got picked over Busch.

6. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Angel?

He has 3 goals this year.

Should have gone to Emilio and his 10.

8. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It surprises me too. Emilio should have been more of natural choice than Angel.

9. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agree. i'd say DeRo has been quite poor all year. he takes a ton of really bad shots (not only are they wasted opportunities, but he's missing by a LOT), his passing is generally quite bad, when he's started in midfield he has played no defense whatsoever and his game this year i would generally characterize as "lazy". he hasn't been working off the ball or generally putting in much effort except when he receives the ball around the 18 and is working to get himself a shot.

the only standout area for DeRo this year is aggression. he's been starting fights and generally acting like his sh!t don't stink. i can't believe he hasn't been thrown out of any MLS games. one game, i think it might have been dallas or chivas, he went over and picked up the player from the other team off the ground to attack him.

i can't see one player on the lineup less deserving of an all-star spot. shame about this TFC thing.

10. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angel was Nicol's pick. I'd say from a team composition standpoint, I might pick Angel over Emilio (though Emilio's certainly had a better season thus far and would seem to be more deserving of a spot). Angel seems to have a few more tools at his disposal, though Emilio is great at full on attacking the goal.

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding, and especially the bolded part.

Not to pull this thread off on a tangent, but I'm glad DeRo finally got the red card in the SuperLiga that he's been deserving for the past 3 games now. He's been starting fights and then walking away from it and getting off scott free while the others players are carded. What took the cake was the other day in MLS, he starts a fight, walks away and 2 players - one from each team - gets a red. His teammate got a red card for coming to defend DeRo in a fight DeRo started!

And I've always said he takes way too many ill-advised shots (I think he actually leads the league, or is No. 2, in shots taken; and given the amount of goals he's actually scored, that's not a good thing) - they're way off target, and he wastes scoring opportunities for his teammates as they're left wide open hoping for the ball that never comes. He does score a spectacular goal every now and then...but it's only spectacular because it's amazing that it actually went in this time. His ill-advised-shot-to-spectacular-goal-scored has got to be astronomical.

12. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Edson has an "All Star" bonus in his contract. Otherwise this is a complete waste of time and energy.

13. Samminish

Samminish New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    CONGRATS PELE - Well Deserved!!

14. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Pando-esque.

I'm really impressed by the team. The only possible exclusion I can see is Emilio. But since he plays for The United, I really don't care.

15. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Edson Buddle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a nice return to Toronto it will be !!:cool::rolleyes::)

16. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way Jose....

17. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if MLS respected the FIFA dates I would wish this guy got nominated for the NT. But since we don't I am glad he will be with us during the hard times(no becks, fish, landon, jazic)

19. slickguy2011

slickguy2011 New Member

May 29, 2008
    I know West Ham, among others, are looking for some talented new recruits and I remember reading that a lot of clubs are looking abroad (MLS included). If Buddle impresses we might find that our star player ends up going abroad for trials at the very least. Especially if the transfer window is open now, I hope that Buddle is not picked up late meaning a loss in one of our star players at the end of the transfer window!!