[CONFIRMED] USA vs Mexico August 10

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by StevenTacle, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think the internet, satellite tv, and all that jazz helps them feel more connected or whatever too. Could also be part of the perceived/or possible assimilation problem. When he's talking about Mexicans that came decades ago, along with all the other immigrants from other countries, I mean all you could do back then was write a letter and talk on the phone maybe. Now, all you have to do is get a dish and a router and you can get all your news from home.

2. RudyG

RudyG New Member

May 18, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there, and I heard it. Here is a video. I just wish the video caught the beginning when the flag was shown. Those boos engulfed the stadium similar to your ******** chants that the 8-year old in front of me yelled out every time Howard had a goal kick.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhF_0IOdX0M"]‪National anthem gold cup final 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. parismatch

parismatch Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Mexico City
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not that it matters, because I do think this is a soccer game and people boo or celebrate no more (and no less) than the team they are supporting but, dude, I only hear people singing the star spangled banner, where's the booing?

4. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    LOL if anything the video provides evidence of no booing.

http://thesocietypages.org/socimage...ts-racism-and-jingoism-among-u-s-soccer-fans/

Yeah it's almost as bad as young US fans posting xenophobic racist comments isn't it? Their parents most have taught them well. :rolleyes:

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    All you hear is a little horn blowing in the beginning. Seriously, if you're that bothered by a little disrespect to a song, then strike back in the same manner. Boo the Mexican Anthem. Or blow a horn during it. Or turn the other cheek like Bruins fans did to Maple Leaf fans.

Complaining on a message board is pointless, tbh. Disrespect will continue forever from both sides. It's far less than the violence that goes on in other international rivalries.

The game is on the 10th. Maybe you're a cub fan, so 8/8/88 is still etched in your mind. :D

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad.

8. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha. I am and I it is. Thanks for the correction.

9. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    You must be so proud of your fellow US fans dope.

10. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this thread has become the BS version of Hulk Hogan contra Rey Misterio?

11. PUT ME IN COACH

PUT ME IN COACH New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I agree it smells like ass here.

12. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not really. The virulent strain of racism from them is no better from them than it is from the racist victimhood shit that floats up here from BSMX.

1 person likes this.
  13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Haha I love how you try and downplay those despicable comments by attacking those who point them out. Real stand up individual you are.

14. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has a point, so maybe you should grow up and drop it.

15. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Being on the receiving end of racism is never a good thing, so I don't think downplaying victimhood is the way to go. However, I find it troublesome when someone links to disgusting comments made by one or more people and in turn uses those few comments to attack a much lager base of people who do not condone racism in any way. Let's face it, every fanbase in the world could be condoned on the basis of cherry-picking a comment or action from so and so who happens to be prefer this or that team.

16. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Well put. The same could be said about the booing of the National Anthem, just cause some people do it doesn't mean all El Tri fans are classless... hell, it doesn't even mean all the fans doing the booing are classless, some of them are just plain drunk.

17. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, fine. I now hold all Mexicans on BigSoccer responsible for the racial abuse directed at me by It's Called Football and the downplaying thereof by Tall Tower Man and my subsequent infractions based on his pettiness and failure to accept that the words directed towards my group were equivalent to the words I used in response to ICF and that poor TTM has had to suffer in his life. :rolleyes:

I've had my access to this forum restricted for almost a year because I took exception to the racial comments by American soccer fan every time we played Mexico, had a Mexican ref and to a lesser degree, played any central American ream or had a ref from those countries, but I'm downplaying? Render unto me a ********ing break.

I'd like to put both sides of the fans who engage in this shit in a building and burn it down and pop anyone that managed to get out with a rifle as they came screaming out the door. But that's just me.

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not mutually exclusive.

19. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like most of you didn't go to the Gold Cup Final

20. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    That is the only part you find troublesome really? I would think that you would find the comments much more troublesome. Booing and yelling ******** does not even compare those trash comments.

I would think that this would concern the more intelligent level headed posters here in the US forum, but it doesn't look like there are many in this thread.

This is not cherry picking these type of comments appeared after the US was knocked out of the WC by Ghana, after the Gold Cup final loss, and before and after the Japan WC game. It's much more rampant than you admit.

21. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that yelling "Mow my lawn, Cut my grass, Make me a Taco, ************, Spit, & etc." is more socially acceptable than saying "the N-Word, Pick My Cotton, etc."?

22. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    No, racism is any form is never something to downplay, as I said in my post. It's always a problem. My point was that non-racist fans have nothing to do with racist fans even if they share the same favorite team. I'm not responsible for some U.S. fan making racist comments on facebook anymore than I am responsible for some fan in another country throwing bananas or whatever, so in turn I don't condone other fanbases as a whole for tasteless comments by a few fans.

23. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the level of cerebral acumen shown in your own posts, I find it hard to believe that anybody of any intelligence would respond in this thread, much less to you.

But in any case, I'll bite. I tried to prove a point that racism among fan groups do exist, but things have gotten better between fans, and that even though I have personally suffered racism from both US and Mexican fans, my own experience has shown me that racism is not a perceivable problem nowadays. (Among us football fans, at least. But if you are talking about US/Mexican racism, this is a football thread, you need to take that discussion to some other forum.)

Of course, you responded to that by telling me I need therapy.

Nothing good can come from this piddling back and forth. If you don't like the US forums, nothing is forcing you to. Simply put, stop posting and leave if you think the forum is below your own level headed standards of intelligence.

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh, the comparative analysis. MMNT fans get to decide what is and isn't offensive, crass and rude, simply because they are a minority? Funny, the MMNT fans during the Gold Cup had more than a few racial comments for Salvadoran immigrants who root for both the US and Salvadoran NT's, though I suspect the gutless punk Mexican fans really read that as cheering against their team.

In reality, much of this comes from the constant trolling by Mexican MNT fans provoking these responses as of late

And it was rampant from Mexican fans, the only difference is that they have a couple of mods who obliterate any US fans who troll BSMX and the US mods actually have better things to do that track down every borderline racist post by a Mexitroll.

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You're acting like a spoiled kid because you keep bringing this up. Even dark knight told you that he didn't know it was offensive. Knave explained to you that not many people know the offensive nature of the word, considering a ski resort is named after it. Quit ignoring the facts.

You've made "illiterate underclass" comments to Mexicans here. Have any of us said anything about your people?

It wasn't rampant from us, in here or in twitter/facebook. 2 pages full of those comments from usmnt fans have already been posted here, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I challenge you to find 2 pages full of similar comments coming from Mexican fans.