Confetti for next home game?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by BeatJunkiesCrew, Oct 22, 2004.

1. BeatJunkiesCrew

BeatJunkiesCrew New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    DC
    Im gonna have a bunch of confetti if you guys wanna have it. Its been accumlated here in the office with the paper shredder...Let me know guys. I could hand you a bag full of it at the tailgate or something. thanks guys.

2. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
  3. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    One man's incriminating documents is another man's confetti, that's what I always say! :D

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you're at the next tailgate we'll be happy to take it off your hands.

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Is there a cheap source of South American style conffetti? Those seem like 1x1 or 1x2 inch to me, shreded stuff that La Norte throws is almost like sand, i still have some in my hair from Richmond game in summer :p

I assumed we're never doing any to not get United into trouble (I mean someone might get papercut :) ) and just figured that when we have stadium where DCU has more say we can work on things like that. Also, I want to hold a smoke canister on that stadium before I die :p

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    La Norte mixes their confetti with flour! In the early days of La Barra we had a guy who only used Playboy centerfolds for our confetti. :D It was very popular........

7. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the flour gives it a smokey look (but man, what a mess and if it rains, paste!) I'm not sure how LN get's that small stuff.

K

8. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have a paper shredder at home here..if people want I can just save our daily newspaper and shred it up and bring it to the game on the 30th..

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    We can hook you up with the small stuff, but we got so many complaints about it we stopped using it.

I'll take as much of the big stuff as people have.

Sachin

10. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    While the little stuff look great, it is a real pain the a$$ after the game...you find that in the most interesting places

11. BeatJunkiesCrew

BeatJunkiesCrew New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    DC
    My seats are over on the quite side, so all the soccer moms and dads would be angry if i threw an entire bag up. While it would amuse me, I dont wanna be in the hotseat for that. Thats why i bet you guys could put it to better use on the barra/SE side. Ill put it in a bag, im not sure exactly how much quatitiy it will be, but like i said, if you guys want it, its yours. Otherwise im probably just taking it to the dumpster.

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One year when I was in high school, we used the chits from punched cards (think chads). They make excellent looking confetti, but they also get everywhere (especially if you drop some on your wood flooring), and they are "slightly" dangerous because the paper is solid and can be sharp so it can do scary things to your eyes if a piece floats in. But it looks fantastic :)
    Unfortunately, people really don't punch cards anymore (except in Florida I guess).

Someone brought shiny red wrapping paper-looking confetti into the Nest a few games ago, it looked cool, but didn't float in the air really well - I just found some in my car....... I don't even bother trying to figure out how anything gets in my car after games any more.

13. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We don't use that any more... Luis brings in bags of shredded paper now.... and a new Norteno like myself, Jhonattan does a lot of hand made stuff.. (with scissors or hands.. oh yeah.. there is a true fan for ya!!)

I have a shredder myself, and that's how I make what I bring...

Dougg