Conference finals and still no HD

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Delta Blues, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I realize we get a match on HDNet every week, but it'd be nice to at least have the playoff matches on ESPN2 in HD also. Anyone know if the MLS Cup will be broadcast in HD?

2. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    Not a clue, but it takes more than the cameras to do HD. They have to have an HD-capable truck as well. I'm hoping that next year's Thursday night games will be in HD. ESPN has talked a lot about "investing" in soccer.

3. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Might be a chance next year, but this year there's no mechanism with the time buy for anyone to make enough money to justify it.

4. Dan in DC

Dan in DC New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Singin' in La BB
    Are we sure that the game wasn't broadcast in HD on ESPN 2 HD? The cameras at the DCU ECF game were HD cameras.

5. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't. Had the wonderful 'hd' cutoff on both sides.

6. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    This match is being broadcast live globally. There's no excuse for not ponying up the dough to have the MLS Cup on TV in HD. None. This is a disgrace. I watched Div. III college football in HD yesterday, you can't tell me the cost is too prohibitive for this match to be shown in HD.

7. ralfonso

ralfonso New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    Absolute crap that this game isn't in HD. I'd like to hear the reasons why it's not.

8. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    MLS also need a bottle of JOSE CUERVO to pep this people in the narration my God they are boring......

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    what channel was that on?