Confederations Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by SoB Bolton, Jun 14, 2009.

1. USRoverDE

USRoverDE Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    never thought I'd have to ask this, but....

when is the final? :p

2. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A WIN!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Demerit, Onyewu, Howard, Donovan, everyone played HUGE

I can't believe how in a week we've gone from the lowest of lows to this.

USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. cdubl

cdubl New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Woolwich, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. that was a great win. they came out and played really strong and then kept fending off the attack. great victory for the U.S. That red card was bogus though. Why do we keep getting sent off?

4. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    i would just like to say yet again

DOS A CERO!!

5. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It never gets old!

6. angryhugo

angryhugo Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Philly Phorever
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

7. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So where are we watching the final!!?

8. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BBC highlights & analysis here.

9. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2:25 Sunday, pack the Dark Horse

Wow, did they call Bocanegra and Dempsey club teammates? And then in the next paragraph not mention that Altidore and Capdevlia are actually club teammates?

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bogus or not, I wonder where the team's FIFA ranking will be after defeating the #1 team in the world.

11. jkluivert

jkluivert New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    newark de
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    afte rthis win we gott abe in the top 10 maybe 8th,.wa sat wildwings in kirkwood highway.. it was me and few at the bar and we wa steh loudest there..from the 2nd min we gave then a fight and when davies hit the bike and missed it was game on..jozy golad was classic and dempseys was a highlight.,.just still buzzing from today..the mexicans at work wa stouting spain and saying 3-1 spain.. so tomorrow im taking their money.. and dos a cero.. is my new sig on texts

12. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    imo be dere!

prob somewhere just below mexico due to red cards

13. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bradley red card really pisses me off.

Confed Cup 09: USA has 3 red cards, everyone else has 0...these cards are an absolute joke too.

FIFA thinks its doing a service by making these calls by protecting the players. But when they make this terrible decisions because people like Xavi and Gattuso go down like they've been shot, all they're doing is damaging the reputation of the sport and compromising the integrity of the tournament.

FIFA needs to stop pretending its refs are infallible and actually review some of these calls, especially when it has a direct impact on the final of a major tournament.

14. Union SoB

Union SoB Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Seaport Drive
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fyp...

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We WERE ranked 5th just prior to WC06, so yeah, without a doubt it's completely effing bogus.

17. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    world ranking does not = being seeded no matter how well you did againt those that are being seeded.

18. jkluivert

jkluivert New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    newark de
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    problem with sunday is that i have to work and if the phillies are on im screwed since im like the only one who actually watchs the boys besides the mexicans watching mexico choke..maybe i need a good excuse to call off that day..any suggestions?

19. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...Brazil it is.

From espn commentary:

"90'
    I know I've slated him tonight, but I do like Dunga's velvet jacket, although I wouldn't wear it."

I love these.

20. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice piece about yesterday's game from Phil Sheridan at the Inquirer.

21. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    FIFA's system was mostly based on previous WC performance. And we can't go winless in two of the last 3 world cups and legitimately gripe about getting a seed. The reason why Mexico earned their seed was their amazing consistency. If we make the second round in 4 straight world cups, then we'd have a right to talk.

22. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    there you go bringing up the actual ranking system. :rolleyes:
    that does nto fit my theory that FIFA is out to screw over US soccer so i'm trying to ignore it thank you very much!

:D

23. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I'm absolutely devastated by the result, but it was a worthy performance by the USMNT. Bradley should have used his subs 10 minutes earlier, but it was still a good American effort. I was afraid they were going to try and hunker down when they started the 2nd half, and sure as shit they did. None of the goals by Brazil were cheap, and Timmy deserved an Oscar for the goal he batted out after it was over the line. There is much to be excited and proud of, getting ready for the Gold Cup, and the 2nd half of World Cup qualifying. Our lads really need to work on their fitness, and our boys riding the bench overseas really need to get some consistent playing time. I was unaware that someone could be both proud and uber depressed at the same time.

24. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reading the armchair critics on the USMNT forums, I'm sticking to this one from now on for the Nats. Great effort, but Brazil has better skills and is just as athletic as we are. The progress in our individual ball handling skills over the last decade is spectacular, though.

25. jkluivert

jkluivert New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    newark de
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the result as well proud that we was in teh final and showed our mettle against the big boys..we showed the world that we can play with the bogboys with no fear..only complains are as most said our fitness..some of out key players needs some major playing time because 20 misn left they was gassed..all prob to brasil for a helluva game..tho i hate them i repsect them..im proud and kinda dissappointed that we lost but my real compain is at work.. you got the pro us guys who i repsect and was theer with me cheering and groaning then you got the ones who just bandwagon jumping and didnt even give teh team a chance.. i know you cant chenge them all but dayum you witnessed some history and you cant call then chokes or us suck because( add insult) cant wait for teh second half of w.c qualifing and teh aug 12th game against mexico..