CONCACAF Strikers

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by TopDogg, Sep 28, 2003.

1. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    List your country's best (in your opinion) strike partnership, and how you think they'd stack up against other CONCACAF nations.

I'll start:

CANADA
    Tomasz Radzinski (Everton) - Dwayne DeRosario (San Jose Earthquakes)

This strike force, when on, can compete with any in CONCACAF. The key here is DeRosario, who is coming off a long injury, and even when in form, is very streaky.

Radzinski can tear apart defences by himself, but his chemistry with DeRo is key. They've played together twice, in Scotland and Switzerland, and produced three goals between them in those two games.

2. boyz42006

boyz42006 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Maryland
    Ricardo Fuller (Preston North End) and Kevin Lisbie (Charlton Athletics). Ricardo Fuller can tear down any defense from any league by himself and Kevin Lisbie scored a hattrick against Liverpool today (Including a goal that will be a contender for goal of the season). These guys could also partner Damani Ralph (Fire), Barry Hayles (Fulham) or Onandi Lowe (Currently Eng. Div 2 leading scorer). If all these guys stay fit, Jamaica's offense should do very well against Concacaf teams.

3. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Landon Donovan and Brian McBride

McBride is one of the most dangerous players in the air, and Donovan is one of the most technically and tactically skilled players in the region.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    who was that jamaican with a hat-trick today in epl?

Lesbie....... will he be available for the jamaican nats and how will they use him (partnership with whom?) awsome scores today, very nice finish!

5. boyz42006

boyz42006 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Maryland
    He has already played a few games for Jamaica, including the last game where they lost 1-2 against Austrailia in England. He partnered Ricardo Fuller and Barry Hayles in that game. He also scored Jamaica's only goal. I do hope he keeps up that form he displayed in that Liverpool game. Wasn't that last goal where ran for 70 yards a beauty?

6. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well in Honduras I'd Have to say that are doing good right now.....

David Suazo (Cagliari, Calccio) and Wilmer Velasquez (Olimpia)

These two guys havent recently been playing with the nats except for Velasques he scored most their goals ,but Suazo is doing great in Italy him and Zola up top are terrorising defenders.

By the time we get into the real deal you might see names like Milton "El Tyson" Nunez in Necaxa and Carlos Pavon for sure. Pavon just came off an 11 month injury and when he gets back to normal he will score regularly.

7. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are Nunez and Pavon playing their club ball these days? Wasn't Nunez at Udinese?

As for the US, I would say the best partnership right now is between Donovan and McBride. Mathis and Wolff used to have a nice partnership, but Mathis has turned to crap since and Wolff has been injured most of the time. With McBride getting up there in years, I see either Edson Buddle or Conor Casey replacing him in the near future.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Tyson Nuñes plays for club Necaxa - los Hidrorayos de aguascalinentes

he came there from a clun In guatemala.

Is not a 90 minute player but coming off the bench has set up great wins for his team....

I do not anything about pavon....other that he is back in tegucigalpa, working on his old form.

9. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well youre accurate on Nunez but I'm not sure about him coming from Guat... because a couple of months before he was in Necaxa he was at Nacional( uruguay) but had problems with his visa or work permit and couldnt play Libertadores

Pavon is in Real Espana in Honduras and has 4 goals on the season...scored a 3 goals his last time on the field....2 goals in back of the scoring leaders...lets hope he keeps it up for the future

BTW, the one in Udinese was Pavon and scored on his debut.

10. reggae boy

reggae boy New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    Jamaica, West Indies
    the partnership for jamaica up front should be ricardo fuller and darren byfield

11. Some mexican strikers (Strengths and weakness.).

The old guard:

Blanco.- Very skilled and temperamental player, undisciplined.
    Borgueti.- Gifted header, just slightly above average on everything else.
    Palencia.- Hard worker, strong, desperate quickly.
    Hernández.- Muchos Güevos (many balls :) ), old.
    Zague.- Tall, strong and quick, experimented, almost on his retirement.

Some of the new:

Bautista.- Skilled, strong, fast and ambitious, personalist.
    Cacho.- Talented, Irregular.
    Osorno.- Good passing and ball control, poor finishing.
    Medina.- skilled, young and still inexperienced
    Lopez.- Skilled and inteligent player, short and weak.

Others:

Cardozo.- Very skilled, natural leader and superb finishing, not Mexican.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hola charro negro, bienvenido por aca!

did you see the new strickers for lavolpe vs Uruguay? el bofo y osorno.........

feel free to discuss them

13. Added them.

14. Shatta

Shatta New Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Inglewood California
    Onandi Lowe and Ricardo Fuller

Power and Guile, who do you mark?

respect

15. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuller. Next question.

16. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Charro, who do you see as the most likely front line pairing for you guys in qualifiers? Blanco and Borgetti are worth keeping from the old guard. Personally I would start Blanco and Bautista. Bautista looks to be a fantastic prospect.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Bautista will get action vs Uruguay - next week in chicago, His partner: Omar bravo

bautista needs to get out of the bench from team pachuca to be near the level of Jared.

18. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You guys El Tyson Nunez was called up for the match against Bolivia the 11th in Washington, and I'm going all the way from Miami to see it, now thats what I call "Always Love Your National Team no matter the circumstances"

He has recently stepped his level of play up especiaaly after watching the chivas-necaxa game, I was very impressed.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    tyson Nunez? will he be a part of Bora 3 strickers zone or what?

he already had 2 brazileros (nationals of Hondurans now, off course) for that top position.

good luck on the trip Ronah!

20. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The braizilians got called up but not to the match, they got called up to practice they are evaluating them.

Tyson played good against Chivas and I guess thats what got him the call-up, they also called up Ninrod Medina.

21. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I guess he could bring all 4 including Velasques but not all of them are going to see playing time.

22. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras