CONCACAF Champions Cup

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by RoleModel83, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Under the current regime, we'd be playing for a tie anyway.

2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'm annoyed by this. I like seeing the foreign teams come in whether for a friendly or a tournament. It was fun to bring in some vacationing Euros, get 'em drunk, then score 4 or 5 goals. The Mexican teams took it more seriously but that was ok too. My international match tickets in 04 got me in to see an Open Cup match. I think they used the international ticket for Syracuse and the Open cup ticket for Chitcago but I may have that backward. Either way I was underwhelmed.

3. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have it backwards. The full season ticket package had an Open Cup ticket and an International Game ticket. The Open Cup ticket was for the Syracuse game. The International Game ticket ended up for the next Open Cup game (which I missed and we lost. MetroStars?)

4. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    In the league's defense, and despite the Crew's hamhanded attempt to make it so, we didn't win a domestic trophy. The Supporter's Shield is about as official as the Diablo's Favorite Player award.

5. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    When MLSnet is the deciding factor declaring the winner, I think they made the Supporter's Shield a domestic trophy as much as we don't want to admit it.

6. coachklowco

coachklowco New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Newark Ohio
    Yeah this sucks and I am more than a bit pissed, but can you honestly blame them looking to keep us out of this?