Compulsory Viewing.

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by claret50, Nov 13, 2004.

1. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just watched the Spurs v Arsenal game, and although I don't expect West Ham to match the quality of these two teams, certainly not with our current squad, I hope Pards and our so called "strikers" find the time to sit down and watch this replay and begin to learn how to score goals, it's not rocket science you know.

2. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I tell you, I'm sick of Pardew saying "we were mugged". This must be the third or fourth time he's said it.

Alan, take it from me we weren't mugged, we are mugs!!! How the hell do you expect this team to be promoted based on performances like this. 17 shots and only 3 on target and obviously no goals. Maybe the strikers should be made aware that those two sticks with the net between them is actually a crucial part fo the game. The idea is to put the round thing that you kick into the net. Simple philosophy really. Oh yes, by the way, at the other end of the pitch is another set of sticks with a net between them. Now I don't want this to sound too confusing but the idea here is to stop the other team kicking the round thing into this net.

Got it!!! Good now see if you can get any of those overpaid prima donnas to follows those basic instructions!!

If you can't tell, I'm somewhat pissed off!!!!

3. gpike

gpike New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Well this has been happening since day one with Pardew really. We play ok for a game or two then it all goes to pieces. We have not had a run of say five of six good results. We do not score enough goals as a team. Can't totally blame the strikers as they are getting no help from midfield. Reo ( no goals) fletcher (no goals) chadwick (no goals)lomas (1 goals) its not good enough. For the chances per game per goals ratio we are well down on what it should be.
    Unless we can start to convert goal chances to goals as a team we are always likely to struggle to string good results together over a few games.
    if Sheringham is not fit for a while Pardew needs to get another body in as a striker, who can get a few tap ins.

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, look at our strikers...

Harewood ... barnburner before he got to us, Pardew moved him out wide and has not been the same since really

Rebrov ... crap at Spurs, on loan for a year in Turkey, no idea how he did there

Zamora ... Hit the net tons for Brighton, moved to Spurs, could not cut it there and the same can be said for his spell at West Ham

Sherringham ... Class but 37 years old

Hutchinson ... one great match, one match where he was almost nonexistent, injury prone as well

Thats it so far this year.

A December signing is a must it seems to me.