Complaints about FSE Libertadores coverage

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Mengão86, Feb 15, 2007.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Rep in 24!

To all the complainers... Don't bite the hand that feeds you. :D

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't really matter when the "hand" doesn't feed you at all.

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Do not upset the hand. When the hand is upset, it is capable of slapping you across the face backhanded... :D

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I still have mixed feelings as to what is worse:

a. Your team not being shown because a Mexican team is playing (Mexican futbol is boring to me).

b. Your team's game being replaced at all by Baseball playoffs (baseball is extremely boring to me).

c. Your team's games not being shown because there's so many other games at the same time (like it's happened to Flamengo).

Very subjective. I saw the Chivas vs DC game and parts of the final game between Pachuca and Chivas. Very boring to me... the fact that I don't support either team doesn't help.

I'd gladly pay 20 dollars for closed circuit if it means I avoid watching low quality Mexican narration and, of course, mexican team flavor of the month playing X tournament. Most of the time I don't have to (thank God for online feeds) but I'm sure it's not a problem for most people around here. There at times I wish I could just watch these games on my HDTV. :D

I think the complaints are valid. I don't even argue the supply and demand model used by companies (Fox Sports is a corporation after all) but if you're marketing yourself as the company that broadcasts the Copa Libertadores, come on, be truth to your word and broadcast the whole darn thing... last time I checked the channel's name is 'Fox Sports en Espanol' and not 'Fox Sports Mexico'.

I don't even ask that they stop catering to the Mexican market... it's very undertandable why they do it, but at least give the rest of your customers an alternative. They've began to broadcast some of the games live on their website when simultaneous games are being played... and you know what? Bravo, that's a great start. Perhaps in the future they'll invest in a new channel that specializes in broadcasting all these games... until then, I'm happy with what they've done with their online transmissions.

So to the people saying we shouldn't bitch... whatever. If you have subscribed to the channel you have every reason to bitch... I don't see why Fox Sports doesn't solve the problem once and for all. They can do it but are just too darn lazy to do it.

5. Deiselboy_ redded

Apr 27, 2007
    Aww poor babies, is the tv not letting you have your way? cry me a fukcin river. Dont watch the channel, unsubscribe from fox sports en espanol. But dont come to the board crying like a lil whore :rolleyes:. Oh yeah mexican league is soooo booring, yeah right crackhead. Mexican league is way more exciting than most of the garbage poor ass leagues in sucaca. Other than the argie n brazil league, but their nothing special either. Get over it lil girls, go cry to fox sports and maybe they will listen and put your special games on because fox needs to immediately do what you guys want to. :D

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Caturro, they actually only show games online when they will not be broadcasted at all. Delayed games won't be shown on their website during the live time.

futbol de primera, the hand can stick his hand up his you know what :D

7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I have to admit. B can be somewhat annoying. Although I do not find baseball annoying. Its just that I want my footie.

Nose. hardy ha ha...

8. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ha! that was a fun, entertaining game today featuring a mexican team wasn't it!?

9. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    option b is the worst

not to mention that sometimes it's not even the MLB, it's some shit teams from Venezuela or the DR

10. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    :(

True.

True.

This was extremely ridiculous seeing as how Flamengo is probably the most popular team in Brazil.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Personalmente creo que FSWE no ha hecho un buen trabajo con la transmision de la Libertadores. Ahora bien, para ser mas preciso este es mi pensar:

-la liga mexicana no me molesta para nada. Es buena y tiene hartos jugadores "nuestros". Esta de entre las mejores de este continente y eso es indiscutible. Personalmente, la encuentro buena. No creo que partidos de la MFL hayan sido transmitidos por sobre alguno de la Libertadores (por lo general, la MFL se juega los finde.). En fin, no tengo problemas con el futbol mexicano para nada, al contrario (esto es estricamente personal).

-Lo de los comentaristas a mi personalmente me parece injusto. El que es fanatico del futbol se las arregla para ver un partido como sea. El partido entre el Real y el Atl. Madrid lo vi a traves de un canal de Hong Kong. Lo del idioma (que obviamente no entendia) me daba lo mismo, y disfrute el partido igual. Pero eso tambien es subjetivo y depende de cada uno. Hay comentaristas que le dan mas emocion, hay otros que no saben narrar, etc...a mi me da exactamente lo mismo porque yo veo el partido por el futbol, no por el comentario.

-Lo del beisbol si me emputece: el anho pasado por culpa de la Serie Mundial (asi se llama?) no pudimos ver el partido de CC vs. GELP. De los latinos, cuales son las "nacionalidades" que disfrutan el beisbol? Dominicanos, nicaraguenses, etc...No conozco a muchos de estos que vean FSWE. Si FSWE realmente hciiera un trabajo serie, deberia pensar en esto. Si van a dar la Serie del Caribe, la Serie Mundial o algo por el estilo que lo den bien tarde (no por sobre la Libertadores) o si no que armen un canal "FSWE-USA" para transmitir ese tipo de cosas.

-Finalmente, mi ultima queja es sobre la CCC. No tengo nada en contra de la "Libertadores de la CONCACAF", al contrario. Pero creo que la logica diria que un partido de Libertadores tiene mas peso (por lo general) que un Marquense de Guatemala vs. Pachuca (aunque este ultimo sea campeon de la Sudamericana). La CCC la debio haber transmitido en vivo FSC (FSC es canadiense/estadounidense, y Canada/EE.UU. son parte de la CONCACAF y la CCC como su nombre lo dice es un torneo de la CONCACAF). Si la final la transmiten en FSWE, no tengo mucho reparo con eso: es una final y fue relativamente entretenida. Pero si en vez de dar un partido del Flamengo (equipo con mas arrastre en Brasil) por dar un Chivas-W. Connection...me parece injusto, por decirlo menos.

Metro

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    America played well in proportion to what Colo Colo would let them play. Yesterday's game was, by far, the worst I've seen Colo Colo play ever since Borgui took over. Even in those games against Chivas Colo Colo showed more spirit.

So, yes, the game was boring to me. Seeing only one team play on the field is far from being an "exciting" game. Do you usually let other people's opinion's bother you this much? :D

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Have you actually read the whole thread? Wait, can you actually read? :eek:

Read, learn, analyze and then pose an intelligent opinion. In that order.

14. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    mexican sock, that one.

15. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Coincido 100%

Tambien ese 'Serie Mundial' ya se transmite en Vivo por FOX. Entonces todos ya lo pueden ver y tambien FOX es un canal que si no tenes cable lo podes ver igual :mad:

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That would be a tall order coming from that dude. :)

Metro

17. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aside from Mexican teams, one or two MLS clubs and one or two teams from Costa Rica, the Concacaf Club Tournament is nothing more than practice rounds for mexican teams in the early rounds just to get it a little more serious at the end when they play each other in order to play Fifa's Club world cup. I don't see too much competition and excitement there.

The fact that you can pretty much pick a champion from a pool of 2 or 3 teams just turns me off completely. Why even have the tournament? But when you compare it to Copa Libertadores, I don't want to say that every team has a shot, but there's always surprises and the best clubs usually have a tougher time qualifying into the later rounds(i.e River Plate getting eliminated by Caracas F.C and International from Brazil getting outsted one season removed from winning it all).

I just think that if they are telling people that they are going to Broadcast the Copa Libertadores, then they should do just that. It's kind of misleading when they announce something and they show something else. Not by any means ethical even if it's not expected. If Fox Sports Espa'nol did things a little bit more like South America's Fox Sports then it would do much better job in the actual Copa Libertadores broadcasting. It would be awesome to see more pre-game shows like the Ultima Palabra and more post-game coverage in Fox Sports Noticias. That's real coverage!! It's hard to attract more fans if your not showing a better product......

The other option is to get Televisa-USA( aka Univision) to show mexican teams in other competitions in a channel like Univision-Deportes or something like that that way they cater to " supply and demand" so all mexicans keep tuning to their own channel because that's what Univision is along with it's sister channels.

And I am glad I can watch some soccer instead of paying some unearthly amount. But in today's world, having choices is what matters. That's why all of these cable and dish companies are increasing their programming to offer a more complete selection instead of offering all-mexican programming( how it use to be like 10 to 15 years ago). Jamming things down people's throats ends up with poor ratings in the long run (i.e Republica Deportiva).....:eek:

18. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Ummmmm do you people realize that FSE only shows a couple of Mexican league games on the weekend (this doesn't coincide with Libertadores) and the CONCACAF Champions CUP is a short tournament so it's not like they were showing the games all day.

I don't think they're catering to the Mexican market when they show baseball or volleyball either.

19. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yep. It's probably wreckedmachine.

Pathetic loser.

20. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Warning given.

Thank you to everyone else for not taking the bait of this troll.