Complaint and responses about moderating

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by MrRC, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An entire thread's worth of posts (all save the first one) was deleted in Politics and Current Events for no reason after one poster bit off more than s/he could chew and began attacking me unmercifully. Once I began to defend myself and make the attacker look foolish, one of the P&CE mods came along and just purged the whole thing. I'm not ready to cry abuse of powers, but the whole thing looks very fishy. I don't know or care what mod was responsible- I'd just like to see the sort of people who use backhanded comments to defame and demean others get the same sort of treatment, without the thread being closed. It's time someone stood up for the regular posters and not just the elite.

The thread in question was about segregation in schools in Raleigh, NC.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean me moving the 20 OT posts featuring an argument between you and JGBlake, leaving the OP in place so that discussion on that topic could start anew, and then explaining in the thread what I had done? This is about as transparent as I could be.

3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Who are these elite that you speak of? I'd like to try to be their friend.

4. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Dick Cheney but he's moving the levers behind the green curtain now.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I saw the thread with only the OP's post. You hadn't posted in it yet by the time I posted here. Not all of those posts were off topic. I recall that at least two or three dealt with the subject at hand.

It's cool... you did better than ASF by at least trying to leave the posts in the other thread.

They're too elite for my computer to even allow me to type their names. Whenever I try, I get a painful shock and Air Supply comes out of my speakers until I stop.

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should help...?

7. superdave