[Compilation]: Portugal World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Aveirenses, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal: World Cup 2006
    by Aveirenses

Opening two minute picture tribute
    12 minutes of packed action
    (Including every kick from the penalty shoot-out vs. England)

All the goals,
    All the skills,
    All the shots.

This is THE complete Portugal World Cup Compilation

52.7 MB: http://www.zshare.net/video/portugal-world-cup-2006-wmv.html

Musical Score:
    A Portuguesa-Rodrigo/Roberto Leal
    The World At Your Feet-Embrace
    Queen Bitch-David Bowie
    Wake Up-Arcade Fire
    Portugal, Portugal-Jorge Palma

High Quality Version To Be Released Tommorrow!​

2. CTaker

CTaker New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Just finished watching it, great video overall, I really liked the speed up effect you used after Ronaldo's penalty against England. One question, where did you get that Carvalho Meira picture from 1:48? I'd like a link to it if you have one.

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Very good!!!

Amazing work!!!

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Heh, I'm actually having a hard-time relocating where I got it from...

I believe I got it from news.yahoo.com (run a search for Portugal->news photos)

I'd do it myself but I'm just not in the mood to search for it, if not I'll upload it to imageshack tommorrow morning.

Edit:
    Uploaded it:
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1508/zzz9afmf0.jpg

5. CTaker

CTaker New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks, I hadn't see that one before and I really liked it.

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You've outdone yourself big with this one Av.

7. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a really awesome video! Great job.

8. that_Portuguese_guy

that_Portuguese_guy New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Toronto
    Gave me chills down my back.....Great video:)

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I Gotta Give props to Avs here. It almost Felt like I was watching a documentary in a straight forward display. I like the song choices as well, I thought you had bad taste in music til I heard Arcade Fire (They Rock).

Overall, I Give it a 8/10, But I thought there should've been more transition affects to align the clips. On a positive Note, It was well edited and cut. I know there is alot of hard work thats put into this and crafting it to the extended version.

I also thought Quaresma2020 Video was profoundly moving and it's still Getting alot if views over at Youtube. It captures the Emotions aspect of every player and the PKs.

GOOD JOB!!!!

10. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought it would have been a nice touch to fade out the music at the Ronaldo PK vrs England and let the commentators audio take over. But what do I know about video editing.

Overall it was a excellent vid. Well done.

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Aveirenses, what can we say - we have gotten used to seeing you produce great comilations. This new addition does not disappoint. Well done!

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Was going to, but I wanted to have Portuguese commentary there, and I couldn't find anything without the silly bleep noises they use on the radio. No one posted TV commentating, mainly because no one in Portugal was home capping the game... ;)

Jec1:
    More transition effects? There's flash, zoom and crossfading... I don't think there's more than that, nothing I've seen anyway. If you meant on the opening tribute, I didn't use anything other then fades and crossfades because it would've looked cheesy with any flash anywhere. Had I used the instrumental version I would've added some flash like with the qualification video I made, but I really wanted to try the guitar version.

As far as music choices. The first song was one of the official World Cup songs, which is the only reason why I put it in. You don't like David Bowie? :eek: Wake Up ended up being last choice, I was going to use the 1812 Overture by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I wouldn't be able to really fit in the other clips with it. I like Wake Up, but the only regret I have about using it, is the abrupt ending they have in the song.

To Everyone:
    Thank you for the feedback and comments. ;) I don't yet know what my next compilation will be, since I'm not sure I'll be able to get League clips this season, I might just do a Beira-Mar compilation using clips from my dig. cam, to make you all jealous. :p

13. Montreal_portugal

Montreal_portugal New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Montreal
    very good clip...thank you 4 making it

14. Carepinho_7

Carepinho_7 Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Awesome Job!

15. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    NIce work Av's.:)

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great video

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    This doesn't have anything to do with the compilation but...

can anyone find me the squad of 66 or the goal scorers for Setubal in the 1965 final vs. Benfica, because one of my uncle's friends claimed to be both and I just think the guy is messed up in the head, but want to make sure... thanks.

18. C.Ronaldo-VazTe

C.Ronaldo-VazTe New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Hey gang, Aveirense, Moderators:

I can't access the compilation thru Zshare. For whatever reason it says it says "You are not authorized to view page'. I turned off my popup blocker, tried to register for the site....but still nothing.

Can any of you upload it, email it to me, or atleast give me access thru another file sharing site. Por Favor Amigos.

I'm dying to see this compilation from Aveirenses.

19. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'll re-up on RapidUpload for you.

20. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Beautiful video Avs. I hope you never leave BigSoccer. You always produced some excellent Multimedia, and your posts are a joy to read as well.

Great Video

That Portugal team was a really good team. We are definitly one of the most technically skilled, joyfull, fun teams to watch in the World. The only other ones that come to my mind are Brasil and Argentina. That might all change if and when our youngster develop the way they are expected too.

22. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    Thx for the vid Av. classic stuff right there.

and xcuse my language but brasil and argentina suck balls, P-P-P-P UNIT!!!!!!

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Technically, I believe its Brasil, Portugal and then Argentina.

Argentina has handles, but they don't have our handles, they have team handles. Portugal...we got Ferreira doing pedaladas, Miguel Nutmegging dudes.

1.Brasil
    2.Portugal

If its not Portuguese speaking its not right.

24. C.Ronaldo-VazTe

C.Ronaldo-VazTe New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Muito Obrigado.

Great Video Compilation Aveirenses. Good tunage too.

Couple classic scenes:
    1) Deco kissing his Portuguese jersey after scoring a decisive penalty against the English.
    2) C.Ronaldo cracking a bit of a smile just before scoring his game-winning penalty on Robinson to put Portugal in the semifinals.
    3) Scolari celebrating with the coaching staff on the sidelines when Portugal advanced against the Dutch to reach the quarterfinals.
    4) Figo leading the team thru sheer effort - blood, sweat and tears. What a great pass by Figo to Nuno Gomes, who leaps into the air to head it home. Vintage stuff.
    5) Lastly, the great fans showing their support, wearing the Portuguese colours, and waving the Bandeira Portuguesa

Good stuff Aveirense once again.

25. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Thanks a lot Av and lets hope to see a compilation of the best of Jardel by the end of the season, for the good of BM and SL.