Como Te Hiciste Hincha de tu Club??

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by bosterosoy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Well, as the saying goes
    An Argentinian can change his name, wife/husband, religion, sex, the most intimate things about him/her, but he/she will never change the love for the futbol club of which they grew up supporting.

Just thought it would be interesting to make a thread about how everybody became a fan of the club they support.

Here's mine:

My mom was a Boca fan, but she's not a real fanatic, while most of my cousins/aunts/uncles in Argentina are River fans. However, in Argentina where my grandparents lived (they were Boca fans though not really big soccer fans, they became more so when I really got into it lol) there was a close family friend who grew up a huge Boca fan. He had an uncle and family who ran a restaurant near La Boca and would go to all the games. Jose would tell me all about the old teams and whenever I was in Argentina, I would go see the games at his house and Boca became my team. Even more so on my first game to La Bombonera. I had seen the stadium before, but had never gone to a game. I was 10 years, it was 2000. It was a dull game, but I'll never forget la hinchada. It was Boca 0-0 Colon. With Oscar Cordoba (my favorite player after Riquelme at that time) played an incredible game. I went to La Segunda Bandeja Sur (opposite of where la 12 goes). The next year when I went back to Argentina we went to see a San Lorenzo 2-2 Boca and we went where La Doce was. Unbelievable experience. Los Cuervos scored in 17 seconds and after 6 it was 2-0. Then Tevez scored 2 goals.

Now, Boca 'es una enfermedad' y 'la droga de mi corazon'. I seriously can't get enough of la hinchada, the team and everything to do with Boca. I hae jerseys, banners, flags, posters all over my room, I hate the days like these when there are no Boca games and it's the offseason. Let the season start SOOOOOOOOOOOOON