Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar, y vo

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by fireEagleCuauhtemoc, Sep 5, 2007.

1. NoNameJusGame

NoNameJusGame Member

May 17, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar,

I can remember 94 vaguely, but my favorite has to be 98. Every game almost gave me a heartattack, and I was only 10 lol. Matador and Cuah were magic that WC. I will never forget any Mexico's WC games even though a lot of them break my heart. Even though it wasnt the WC, the qualifiers for 2002 was something special to see. Mexico was practically out of it (thanks to Ojitos) and with 15 points on the line, Aguirre came in and was able to get 13/15pts and got us in. Every game was like a final and it was special to see Cuah (my idol) display his greatness and show why he's 1 of the best Mexicans to ever play. Borgetti's goal in el Azteca against the U.S. brought me to tears.

I'm already counting down to SA 2010 because unless I'm in heaven, me and my lil brother will be there getting drunk cheering my lungs out for Mexico!

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar,

that was a great game. one of the greatest games i've seen mexico play

3. braulio

braulio New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It has to be 98, with 86 coming in a close second. 78 is the first WC I remember (I am getting old). 98 was the first time I really felt the Mexico could indeed win the whole thing --- and I have been waiting ever since. I am making plans for South Africa and hope to take my son who will be 10 years old then. A perfect age.
    Now I just need to find friends in South Africa!
    :D

4. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Really? I thought 02 was the best opportunity we had in wining the whole thing.

5. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar,

I was in Sombrerete, Zacatecas during Mexico Ochenta y Seis.

The most memorable/forgettable is 1990.

The top goal scorer in the world at his very peak leading our UNAM/America-certified attack.

Never happened.

We'll never know if Ungol could've been Unchingodegoles.

6. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i just have a feeling the next world cup could be historic for us, it doesnt hurt to dream.

9. AztecGoldX

AztecGoldX New Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Mississippi
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

man 2002 is my favorite...but losin to the U.S....i went into my bathroom and cried and cried like a little bitch...ive never hated the US so bad...

10. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I have the same feeling but it does hurt to dream... every time I think we're gonna do someting big, we lose in the most heart-breaking way.

11. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Can you believe these fvktards eliminated us from 86

[youtube]oRozEv6Qxnc[/youtube]

12. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

None. Since I only remember the Mundiales from 94-06, I have had more bad experiences watching the seleccion than good ones. Probably the best out of the ones I've seen is France 98.

13. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I was very small during Italia 90 and have a vague memory of the final game.

US 94 I was in 5th grade and remember that for school someone would bring a tv and we would watch the games. I remember the game against Ireland and Luis Garcia scoring the 2 goals. Also Marcelino's goal against Italy and the celebration is stuck in my mind forever.
    The game against Bulgaria I only remember the penalty kicks and my uncles crying like little kids.

France 98 is probably my favorite. The team played with all heart and all the group games we had to come back from behind. I'll never forget Temo's goal and Luis' goal against Holland. I didn't cry when we lost to Germany but I remember I felt like shyt for a week.

WC 2002 was the one that hurt the most. I remember that I was about to graduate from high during those days and remember coming home after school dances to watch the games. I remember waking up at like 4am to watch Jared's goal and jumping out of the bed when he scored. The game against Ecuador was the night before my graduation and remember even some of the white kids mentioning "Torrado" :D the next day.
    I was optimistic about the game against the US and cried myself to sleep that night after the game, it was one of the most painful moments in my life.

Germany 06 was okay, but in the end we got eliminated early. The game against Iran was memorable and it was cool to see the Iran goalie give Oswaldo flowers before the game, it was touching. The games against Angola and Portugal sucked but the game against Argentina was some of the best games I've seen the "seleccion" play in my whole life(hate me Hugistas, I don't care)
    I remember clearly when Rafa scored the first goal and how I screamed that goal: "gol! goooool!! a huevo! a huevo pinche Rafa!!!!":D It was so intense. The rest of the game I was restless and I collapsed in the living room when the ref blew the final whistle, I cried like a girl.

I just hope to be there when 2010 comes around and hope for the best.

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

^

yeah the game against Iran was memorable for me as well. two things that stood out for me was 1) when Sinha scored and kissed the Mexico shield on the jersey. the only naturalizado that i ever liked. he always played with heart and showed it perfectly that game, and 2) when the final whistle blew and everyone went to give Oswaldo a hug. it was a touching moment due to the fact that his dad had passed away a few days earlier :(

15. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Yes, Zinha coming in from the bench and giving the team a lift and scoring the winning goal was memorable for me. Especially when he kissed the jersey and fell to the ground. I always liked Zinha and felt that he didn't deserve all the criticism he was getting since he's always played his heart out with El Tri.

16. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

plus he doesnt even have a brazilian accent..he speaks 100% mexican spanish..es buena onda

17. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

le neta ke si!! ese guey ya es mas mexicano ke nada. su esposa y hijos son mexicanos, y aparte ya tiene muchos anios viviendo en mexico. yo me acuerdo durante la Copa Confederaciones '05 antes de ke jugaramos contra Brasil, TV Azteca le preguntaron si celebrara si le toca anotar a Brasil y dijo en claro algo como "Claro ke si. soy mexicano y jugare a muerte por Mexico."

siempre me ha caido bien Sinha

pero creo ke ya su tiempo en el Tri paso. ya va o tiene 30 anios y lo veo muy dificil ke regrese al ekipo por tantos jovenes promesas ke tenemos.

18. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

de todos modos con el esquema de Hugo sanchez..he would just waste sinha's talent like he is to some of our players.....que cabezon es el hugo man:mad:

19. Viva RoCkism!

Viva RoCkism! Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mexico City
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

So you're 24-25 too?, My recollections are what this guy said...xcept that I heard the game vs. Ireland on a summer camp with the school, on an old radio in the middle of nowhere. I watched the elimination against Bulgaria with a bunch of people in the electronics section of a ********ing Broadway or something in San Diego (I grew up in Ensenada).
    98 saw me again listening to my teams elimination in San Diego in a classroom in Sweetwater High with a bunch of gringo kids who were part of an exchange program with us from Enz.