Comcast and Fox Sports World

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Iranian-Striker, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    As many of you who have Comcast as your digital cable supplier may know, Fox Sports World is missing from the list of viewable channels. As a football/soccer fan, I am greatly disappointed because of this. Without Fox Sports World, where will I get my dosage of Bundesliga, etc.?

I was talking with the director of IranSportsPress.com today and he also voiced his disappointment regarding Comcast not airing FSW. After furthur discussing, we agreed that a petition of some sorts would be sufficient for solving this dreadful incident. We had agreed that a petition would be a viable solution for this problem.

So here is the reason for my posting. I was wondering if Bigsoccer could lend a supporting hand for this cause. Im sure there are enough members at Bigsoccer who feel the same way and would very much like for Comcast to air FSW. I do hope the administrators of Bigsoccer agree to pitch in and I would very much like to know what you think of the whole thing.

If you have any questions please email Mr. Behrang Sohrabi- behrang@iransportspress.com

----
    Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I thought it would be good to post it here as this is where the admins usually come to...

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what is this doing here?:confused:

I don't get this.

3. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Basically what we are doing is trying to make a petition of some sorts so that Comcast airs Fox Sports World. We are trying to get as many people behind it as we can...

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just don't understand why it's in a forum that i thought was supposed to be to discuss how to deal with BS users and grow BS's user base.

I was thinking somewhere like B&M might be better....

But yeah, I have family in the northern philadelphia area who have comcast digital. they'd probably watch it if they could get it.

5. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Well, i really didnt know where to put it. And because this is a place where admins check a lot of time, i thought it would be a good place. Just read the last paragraph of my message...

6. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    yah, i do guess moving it to B&M would be a good idea. Can someone do that for me?

7. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Get Dish or Directv if your cable provider does not carry FSW. Thats what I did.

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I have Comcast in DC and still have FSW. As for DirecTV and Dish, they'll get my business when they cost a bit less than my rent. I thought cable was expensive until I looked at their price for the "FSW" package!

9. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    It's actually the same price here in Ca. AT&T Digital was about $45.00 a month with the package that included FSW.

My DirectTv costs $50.00 a month with FSW, more channels than digital cable, and local channels. Another $9.00 to get HBO for the Sopranos, though.

10. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    Even for those of use who are dish owners, it can't help to make some noise Comstat's way. The more cable systems that drop FSW, the weaker the station will become.

Our local cable provider is on the verge of being acquired by Comstat. I wrote them and told them I was considering changing from dish back to cable (mainly because we are trying to cut corners on the budget in my household and cable is a bit cheaper) but informed them that under no circumstances would I subscribe to any TV provider which does not offer FSW.

Really too bad that Comstat considers a network that primarily shows soccer and rugby to be a threat to OLN (which primarily shows cycling, kayaking, and outdoor events.)

11. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I would be happy to sign it and am sure I could get some more people to sign it.

Even though it doesnt effect my area I can still help out.

12. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    I have started some threads about this as well as other people and I have already e-mailed Comcast about it. I'm glad other are concerned for this too. They were showing a premiership game from the weekend at noon every tuesday but stopped doing that in the past three or four weeks.

http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com
    Then just go to contact us and let them know how you feel.

If it doesn't work let me know.

13. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

Your help is greatly appreciated and it's very nice of you to contribute to the cause.

14. El_Chino

El_Chino New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Maryland
    Comcast views FSW as a competitor of its Comcast Sports channel, and therefore will not carry it. It's called an unfair business practice. Thankfully I live in an area where I can get subscribe to a rogue cable service like Starpower. Starpower also provides cable modem and local phone service as well, so FU2 Verizon. Down with monolpolies.

15. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Bump...

Behrang should make a post shortly...

17. RCadieux

RCadieux New Member

Apr 6, 2002
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have had Comcast since I bought my house in May, and have written several emails to them about Fox Sports World. They have never responded to me. Unfortunately, I cannot get satellite because I have no line of sight because of the woods directly behind my house.

18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  19. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    This is the thing that I really don't understand.

When you buy a house, there are many factors you consider, right?

- school systems
    - neighborhood
    - power line in the vicinity
    - any homicide happened in the house before,
    etc.

Now in this satellite age, how can someone buy a house without checking whether it has a line of sight to the south, specifically, to the satellites you want? This is simply a FUNDAMENTAL requirement. No line-of-sight, no deal.

I mean, if you bought the house 10-15 years ago, then I understand, but you bought the house just in May. Directv and Dish have been in business for several years.

20. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone can actually let me know who to contact at Comcast cable to demand FSW, I'm there. Unfortunately emailing the Comcast Sportsnet email address is hopeless as that is the local Philly and DC sports channel. I have Comcast Cable and I can't get a dish because without cable you can't follow any other Philly sports team. Comcast has about 80% of the Philly area cable business, so they keep Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia off of satellite systems. Without Sportsnet, the Sixers, Flyers, and for the people who follow the Phillies, can't watch more than a few games a season that appear on a local UHF channel. Don't be surprised if the same thing happens in DC when the old HTS contracts with the dish companies expire.

Comcast Sportsnet in Philly also refuses to carry the EPL game that Sportsnet in DC carries. I think Comcast is the company of evil.

21. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I switched!

This past Tuesday, I switched from Comcrap to DirecTV. I was tired of waiting for Comcrap to pick up FSW, so I made the change. I should have done it a long time ago. Comcrap sucks and they're not getting my money anymore. FSW is the best. The S should stand for soccer.

Vote with your dollars, people. Clear the trees toward the south if necessary. ;-) Go DirecTV and get FSW. Ditch Comcrap and they'll get the message.

22. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    Re: I switched!

Oh how I wish that was possible.

23. RGOALIEROB

RGOALIEROB New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Albuquerque, NM
    I too have Comcrap Digital and for an extra $8, I receive FSW Spanish Language. It carries some EPL, some UEFA Cup, and a hell of alot of Central American and South American Futbol. I like the Argie Primera and the Brasil League, but I could give a rat's butt about the Chilean or Honduran leagues. Alas it doesn't carry the Bundasliga (It did last year!) That may be an option to you. It's not optimal but you may learn a second language in the mean time!

24. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    get direct tv, problem solved, its better than cable and more chanel too with slightly different monthly payment, i am former comcast customer.