Columbus - San Jose (Saturday, 7/9) Inmatch/postmatch thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SJtotalfootball, Jul 9, 2005.

1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I thought all the Quakes played well, with maybe a little rustyness from Hart. Sure they started slow, but that is normal for the team. True art takes time to form.

Hudson was so right about the Cerritos goal. That is as fine an example of The Beautiful Game as you are ever going to see, and is so much more impressive than some 40 yard bomb. The understanding Clark showed and Cerritos' prediction of the action of his marker was something that does not come from dumb luck.

2. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Well, i would think if the thread says [R] people would know better than to look on it. If I am watching a tape delayed game I wouldn't come near the site, just in case. Just how long are people supposed to wait for people to watch their tapes? An hour, a day, a week, a year?

3. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If the game is being broadcast live or not being broadcast at all, then all comments about the game (and only that game) are valid. Reports of non-Quake games should wait until the next day or be hidden by result tags. If the game is being tape delayed by FSN, then comments should be timed to that broadcast or hidden by result tags. There are no more tape delayed broadcasts the rest of the year, so this should not be an issue for the forseeable future.

4. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Okay spec, thanks, can't say as i knew the etiquette, but i still tink that it might be a good idea for the mods to set up two threads one for ingame/post game live and another for ingame/post game tape delayed, wouldn't be too hard to merge em later. As you said it's hard to stay away and that holds true for the people watching the game live two, and not everyone has the time, knowhow or energy to post in white text. However, now that I understand the ground rules I'll comply in the future, although i'd still personally stay a mile away from this board if i was gonna watch a game on tape delay.

5. Al Salinas

Al Salinas New Member

Apr 11, 2000
    fremont
    Hudson makes the game so much more exitement, It's a pleasure to hear his description of the good plays............Keep it up Roy. :)

6. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Actually I think this is a great idea, and I would have done just this except that I was away from my computer all day until the game was already half over. I hope to remember to use this next year, if this forum still exists.

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    One more thing, i thought that Russell looked pretty bad tonight, the right wing became a calamity as soon as he replaced mullan. one time he gave the ball away on what looked like a forward pass to the center of the field from a Crew left-winger, unfortunately it was from russell, luckily it didn't end up leading to a game tying goal.

8. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    About to watch the game now.

How much better could my birthday get??? A win for the Quakes and a loss for LA. It really does't get much better than that!! Definitely made it an even better way to celebrate today!

GO QUAKES!!

9. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I didn't see the LA match, but I notice they had 1 shot on goal and 0 corners. So sounds like they were pretty much shut down by the Metros, not necessarily the best defensive team in MLS.

10. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I saw the game, and the Metros were using an unusually dense and active defensive system that started deep in LA territory. LA had to connect 10 well executed one-touch passes just to get the ball to midfield. They couldn't do it most of the time. I guess the Metros had no fear of LA's dribbling or long ball game without Donovan, Cobi, or Pando.

11. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ignored all sports stuff so I could check out the game without knowing about results tonight, and it was a GOOD IDEA!!! WoooHoooo!!! In the studio with a Payday/Breathe/Rocket Man/Keep On Moving/Green, Green Grass of Home/Comfortably Numb session (quite long and productive!) before the game, it was a pleasure to see the guys get the job done. Now what would the encore be? (And would the local police be interested???)
    Way to go Quakes...providing inspiration to their music-minded fans... :D

12. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    10 times this year the Quakes were down a goal and came back to match it. If the opposing team scores first, the Quakes are more likely to end up with a win or tie than a loss (2-3-2 record when other team scores first). This club is unshakeable.

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

14. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've said it 10 times this year.. they are "The Comeback Kids!" :D

15. The Ram

The Ram New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    MIDWEST
    Sorry your wrong he is playing the way Dom wants him to play!

16. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well this was promising.. at the end of the game when they showed the Quakes bench getting up, Mullan looked alright, he wasn't limping too bad

17. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as "orgasmic" as the Cerritos goal was, according to Ray, it's not nominated for GOTW

a little part of me hoped ERob's goal would be, I didn't think so, but it was so nice, it was textbook.. a friggin ROCKET into the back of the net!

18. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was all Goos! :p

19. The Ram

The Ram New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    MIDWEST
    I was at the game and he started out a little shaky but got stronger as the game went. He covered a lot of groung when others made mistakes. All I know is he is a winner and if he plays he gets better.I think sitting out your 1st round draft pick is and was a mistake. It takes time to get your game back with the other ten. I have always said play him or trade him but if you let him go just hope you don'tplay him to often. Thats enough the team is winning and thats what is important. Dom is doing a good job and they will need allthese p;layers to make the final run into the play offs.

20. Red Raider

Red Raider New Member

Feb 4, 2000
    "Other than set plays, I thought Gray and Robinson looked pretty good in the middle. Never would have guessed it was the first time Gray had played there with Eddie (and I think the first time he has every played there). Barrett seemed pretty good on defense, but he and Chung were not able to work much offense down the left side. Later in the game, they had a couple of nice combinations, but would have expected more."

However, just a few minutes after Barrett was called "off sides" after a run into space down the sideline, he made the defensive stop that led to the goal. He made a one touch pass forward to Clark, who fed to Moreno, back to Clark, and they to Cerritos for the score.

Quality over quanity.

21. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    This match will be replayed tonight at 8 P.M. PST on Fox Sports World I believe. I missed it last night and was completely exhausted after our move! But, what a very nice present for the tired me :)

You know guys, I once read an article about how the team works. Somebody said (couldn't remember who), that if the team loses, there is no pinpointing who did and didn't do what. They make no excuses (unlike some teams we know).

Gawd I love this team, win or lose!

22. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Hmm. Red Raider is surprisingly consistent in defense of Wade Barrett, and surprisingly knowledgeable about Wade Barrett. Oh yeah, and Red Raider became a BS member probably about the time Wade was drafted by the Quakes.

Red Raider = Wade Barrett? ;)

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Quakes never down or out vs. Crew" (Sunday, 7/10/05)

[​IMG]
    Wade Barrett (right) chases Mario Rodriguez Saturday. (Greg Bartram/MLS/WireImage.com)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

24. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Raider would indicate Texas Tech.

Wade is a William & Mary Indian. (Or as they say in these politically correct times, one of "The Tribe."

25. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This has got to be the most long, involved, complicated euphemism for smoking a fattie I have ever heard. ;)