Columbus Questions ...

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 24, 2003.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hi there!

i'm planning on driving down to columbus from toronto for the sept 20 canada-germany game and i have a few questions that i hope somebody out there can help me with ...

a) what's a good hotel (decently priced...not looking for top notch etc.) in the area?? preferably something close to the stadium. does not have to be "downtown".

b) what "section" of the stadium is behind the benches?

c) what is the ticket situation? should i buy my tiks ahead of time for the game or will i able to get by as a "walk up"??

thanks!!!

elaine

email: elaine@gobigred.ca

2. boingo

boingo Member

Forward Madison FC
    Feb 17, 2003
    WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Motel?

Anyone want to chime in on a decent motel in the 'burbs or business parks? Anything decent near the stadium?

I've also looked at camping... what about Alum Creek or any other campground near Columbus?

Thanks.

3. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The benches are directly in front of the club seats -sections 125, 126 and 127. Day of game tickets (not club seat tickets) should be no problem, apart from the September 28 USA-North Korea (new & improved axis of evil) match. The stadium is situated at the north end of the parking lot for the state fairgrounds, and there is a cheapie chain motel (Red Roof, I think) within walking distance. Can't help with camping.

4. TracieB

TracieB Member

Oct 2, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're coming from far I wouldn't wait to get tickets if I were you. Chances are that the non-USA games won't sell out, but you never know. If you're interested in camping at Alum Creek here is their internet site.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/alum.htm

If you want to stay at a hotel either stay downtown or in the suburbs. The hotels by the staduim and off of 71 are generally not in the best of areas. If you still wanted to stay close to the staduim, there is a Days Inn on 17th Ave. I suggest staying in Worthington. The hotels are located off of SR 23N off of the 270 outerbelt. Worthington is only about 15 minutes from the staduim.

5. jbliii

jbliii New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Dublin, OH
    Tickets available for the 20th

I've got four tickets I can't use for the Canada vs. Germany/Japan vs. Argentina doubleheader on the 20th. (Section 204, Row 5) I'm selling them for face value ($48 apiece). PM me if you're interested.

JB Lawton III

6. quackman

quackman Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got extra tickets for each of the games, email me at dsa@umich.edu if interested.

And is there a better thread to post this on?

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  8. quackman

quackman Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK -- Who is going to Cowlumbus?

I have not been to a game there in 2 years (when someone threw a half full bucket of popcorn at me) -- so are we allowed to bring in confetti?

I will be bringing a flag (our tickets are on the 200 level rail near midfield -- good flag location).

Now, to scare the soccer moms, I was thinking we should start a "Your Going to the Gulag" Chant up whenever a North Korean player screws up.

10. TracieB

TracieB Member

Oct 2, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and You wonder why someone threw a half full bucket of popcorn at you

11. boingo

boingo Member

Forward Madison FC
    Feb 17, 2003
    WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where to watch other games?

Does anyone know of a place in Columbus to watch the afternoon Philly games on the 20th? I'm flying in on Saturday to the catch the night games and was hoping to find a place to watch the Philly games during the afternoon.