Colorado CRapids @ Chicago Fire MLS round 23 [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by FireAddict, Aug 25, 2006.

1. FireAddict

FireAddict Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Grayslake, IL
    Saturday August 26 Toyota Park at 7:30 PM.

The Rapids come into Toyota Park after playing 120 minutes on Wed night in an Open Cup loss to LA. While they 32 points, they're only 1- 6 - 2 in away games. I'm not sure if any of our players are suspended for caution points after last Sunday's game with NE.

Assuming everyones available except obvious injuries the line up should go back to last Sunday's?

Thorton (even tho Pickens helped his cause Wed)
    CJ - Sanneh - Dasani (or Segares?)
    Armas - Diego
    Nate - Mapp - Ivan
    Herron - Barrett

Bench: Pickens, Gonzalo, Jimmaugh, Thiago, Plotkin, Carr, Rolfe?

2. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    The Rapids just (re)signed Alain Nkong, who's principal claim to fame is, that of his five goals last year, three of them came against the Fire. He should be available for Saturday night.

What some might regard as a "timely" signing.

3. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Of course, if memory serves, Chicas didn't have any wins away from the Toolbox until they tiptoed into TP and left with all 3 points. I no longer look at the opponent's away form to predict the FIRE's potential performance...

I dunno. I recall that Nkong guy as being pretty quick, so I'm not sure what Sarachan will do. I'd like to see the same lineup as last Sunday's. As an aside, will Bedrossian be available for this match?

Here's hoping the team can secure all three points.

4. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Doubtful.

"Bedrossian joined the Fire for training on Tuesday, but will be unavailable for selection for the "Men in Red" until his P-1 work visa is secured."

5. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predictions:

If our "A" team plays: Fire 0-2 Rapids

If our "B" team plays: Fire 2-1 Rapids

6. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol. :D

I forgot who is the "A" team and who is the "B" team. :confused:

Plotkin is on the "A" team right?

7. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmm. I think you're on to something for sure. ;)

8. _JVK_

_JVK_ New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Hey all,

Not so much news lately on the Barn Burner page with the Fire. So I'm here. Any tail gating going on with you? I'll be there early. Visiting the city for two nights. Fire game then USWNT the next day.

Cheers.

9. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    The press release claimed Bedrossian as having dual French/US citizenship. If this is so why does he need any kind of visa? Also, why would he count as a SI?

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Nothing organized as far as a big spread of food on a table, but people will be gathering in the un-paved lot that is immediately north of the stadium before the game for some beer and fun.

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has french and armenian citizenship not US citizenship.

12. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North parking lot starting approx. 4:00pm. Look for the US flag with a Fire flag beneath it.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Armenian, American. Whatever.

14. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Look for the huge rain cloud which is always near the stadium.

15. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    [​IMG]

This radar map will automatically update, so the picture that you'll see in 2 hours is different than the one you see now.

16. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA
  17. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    combination of Nkong and Peterson on the attack will be VERY fast.

I think I want both Dasan and Sega in back and SOMEBODY please keep them from going forward too much.

----------keeper?---------
    --Dasan--Sanneh---Sega--
    -------Armas--Ivan------
    -Nate------Mapp---Plotkin
    ------Rolfe-----Herron----

I know you'll all have heartburn that neither CJ nor Jimmy is on the field. But I don't think either has the wheels to run with this tandem. Then agian - they NEVER go forward to assist the attack. Okay - I could also see:

--CJ--Sanneh---Sega--

in the back. Of course, DS may give us:

--Dasan--Jimmy---Griffin--

Who the F knows...

18. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Azerbaijan.

Fine, az yours?

19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the other ones. There's Batko, Navarro, and DePiero.

21. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Strange that nobody has yet posted on the game. Fire won 1-0 on Dasan's first goal. Diego missed a penalty in the 87th minute. Anybody that can describe what happened in more detail for those of us unable to get to the game? Thanks in advance!

22. ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral New Member

May 27, 2005
    Chi - ca - go!
    Some game comments:
    An uncharacteristic game for the 06 Fire, they took a 1-0 lead and actually kept up the offensive pressure. The officiating wasn't much of an issue. Herron as usual had an offsides and failed to convert on a couple of others. Guti, who won't be allowed to take another PK for a while, shanked one hard left at the 80' mark. Zack was solid and didn't get too much action. Barett made the most of his start. B+ performance by all.
    Atmosphere was great, 15K. Loud and fun.

23. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I don't understand why our DM's are the ones who take penalties 90% of the time. Oh, and if Cannon would've saved it, it shouldn't have counted because he took a few steps off the line first. He ALWAYS does that.

24. Karl Lagodzki

Karl Lagodzki Member

Jan 26, 2000
    Bloomington, IN
    Thornton did very well. His one-two save in the first half saved his defense some blushes and saved the team 3 points. Herron cannot finish, but does make good runs - I don't know if I wouldn't rather have a lazy forward who needs just one chance to score. Barrett impressed with his vision and distribution. The good Mapp showed up - he seemed to enjoy directing the game from the middle. For once, I couldn't argue with Sarachan's subs. Good game across the board; probably as good as I've seen the Fire play this year.

25. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    Overall, it was a good game, but just to be a bit critical:

1. While Thornton did have a good game, Sanneh cleaned up several messes in the first half.

2. Herron appears to be the only forward interested in making runs. Barrett played a nice attacking midfield position (missing Thiago?); but missed a few opportunities to make runs. He is a forward, right? He did hold the ball well, but besides Herron no one was moving off the ball to attack.

3. The Tribune pointed out that the forwards keep rotating, becuase the coach believe they have depth. I think he is still looking for the right combination. Before the playoffs, they need to have a bit more consistancy in their rotation so the midfield has an idea where to put the ball. (Herron and Barrett, with Jaqua coming in or Herron and Jaqua with Barrett coming in as a sub).

4. Mapp was good, not great in the middle. Very good in the first half, fair in the second. They needed two people who can distribute. He was definitely winded in the second half.

5. The fans were great. Nice crowd. It was nice getting a gap in the rain.