Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Defensive MFs are tough to export out to Europe. Same with GKs. There is plenty of quality in both positions (DFM + GKs) already in Europe with more physicality and speed for the position. I feel that's part of the reason Barrios never made that leap. Barrios ran into a bit of bad luck with Covid with what should have been his peak. That sort of froze a lot of the movement in the market and add to it that our run up to the Qatar was poor it didn't help his cause.

But what isn't as common is a DFM with IQ and offensive qualities. More of the box to box MF we always talk about. That's part of what you see with the 2 big buys from south america, Enzo and Caicedo at that similar position.

Anyhow, of course it may not happen but he's getting minutes against top competition and performing very well. Porto would be a step up. This next Copa America will be a huge window for Kevin specially if he continues to contribute more offensively.

2. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Idk man this guy ( castaño) deserves Europe . I can see him in a team like Sevilla , atl Madrid, Milan , Brighton , or something . I love Mexico the people the food snd the country is a paradise but their domestic league is crap especially for Colombian young talents . I agree they need to get in touch with better agents . I feel like a lot of these guys have a close friend or family member as agents , i could be wrong .

villus, Doogs and crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reminded me of veratti

Azucarero repped this.
  4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sheesh even Porto or benfica would be awesome

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Uribe found a way over there even late in his career, so there is a remote chance. However, unlikely.

on Barrios, he had offers from Serie A this past window but the russians ask for a lot of money and im sure he's on high wages over there too. Russia is basically the mexican league of europe, not easy to leave once you get there.

jay luis repped this.
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if they haven't been on the team for quite a while then what was all the whining and bitching about? even at Lorenzo's worst he was still way better than what Queiroz and Rueda offered

Barrios is a destroyer, he understood the need to have a more well rounded holding midfielder which is why he obsesses over Uribe, all the other guys that were meant to have emerged have failed tragically like Guillermo Celis, Gustavo Cuellar, Sebastian Perez. Whenever Gustavo Puerta gets consistent game time, I can guarantee you he'll be getting called up

dapip repped this.
  7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Barrios was in demand and when he was at his peak the guy was a stud and could have moved but for whatever reason it doesn't sound like he agitated to move and he was content in Russia. When the war started all players were given a chance to transfer no matter what, but he seems. happy in Russia.

Castano is great, can't believe how comfortable and confident he was stepping in. For a CDM to also be able to do that right away is amazing, the spot is his and hopefully he is ambitious enough to push for Europe in the next year and capitalize on the attention.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I bet his big reward for playing so well will be a huge big money of 7m USD to play at Inter Miami!

crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yep, Barrios is too comfortable in russia making money, very similar to all the guys that go to Mexico and then can't be bothered to strive for more

btw, for the record I have seen Castano at Cruz Azul briefly throughout the Leagues Cup that Miami won and he looked just as comfortable as he did for Colombia, the man is legit.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I watched the end of that game. Announcers were ripping Julian a new one. He missed a sitter. True Colombian form. Mexico was trying their best not to win but did pull it out on penalties.

Doogs and crzdcolombian repped this.
  12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was the 9+ minutes of extra time reasonable? Social media is claiming robbery but I didn't see the match so I don't know if it's justified or just salt.

14. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Overrated player that guy Julian is .

kromekote, Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    mexico is really bad they were the only big boy in the region now they aren’t even 5th best

16. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do not exagerate that much... they are still top dog in concacaf. They have the infrastructure and money to keep competing.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and they will keep using that excuse to lie to themselves into thinking they are some kind of powerhouse.

Froboy69, J-Mezzy and jay luis repped this.
  19. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    one of the most overrated teams ..the Copa Oro is a joke

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly the lack of competitiveness in CONCACAF is why that region is held back.

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FB_IMG_1700768069559.jpg

Bolivar would be proud.

dapip, GerVZLA, villus and 6 others repped this.
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A colombian super team with ecuador and Venezuela would be cool. Not sure if Panama would have much to offer

24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    It's clear now just how terrible the locker room and tactics were under Rueda. What a complete disaster, James can be an idiot but he's shown with a number of managers that he's the type of guy that responds to a father figure that supports vs a firm hand.

25. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah mate, even before Rueda James was a head case.

I do hope he has matured for good

kromekote repped this.