Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm flying out to Korea on the 16th .... so will hopefully watching the game at JFK. Going for 3 weeks then my in laws will fly back with the kids for X-mas.

haha wife is already like they better win don't want you annoyed on a 20 hour flight.

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wanna go to korea
    I bet we concede to Brazil within the first 45 minutes

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He just does not rate him good enough for the real Seleccion.
    Hopefully next month in the Non-FIFA friendly he is given a chance and does well against Mexico.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

HomietheClown repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hate we call injured players and no replacements in case they aren’t ready

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The replacements are already on the squad.

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If James has any kind of lingering injury they should just not play him against Brazil if he's to play at all. We have a squad and we need to have options other than James and this would be a good time to rely on that while also not pushing him if he's borderline. Play Carrascal or go without a 10 (I cringe at what our midfield will look like) but although I think we're much better with James playing, I'm tired of our managers being ass and not able to create a midfield that can control games unless James is playing.

Froboy69, kromekote and Azucarero repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cassiera is injured so Cucho is in

Seems like another Borré to me

10. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho actually scores goals tho. Yes yes it’s the mls but still.

crzdcolombian and Froboy69 repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8711 HomietheClown, Nov 12, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    Cucho?
    Wowsers.
    Probably won't play just like Cassiera did not play but I am stoked he is finally getting his chance to at least train with the A team during qualifiers.

Sad to see Cassiera get injured though.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Cucho does a better job at putting shots on goal in so many different ways. Especially when he cuts in and shoots from the outside on the left wing.
    Santos Borre seems to need good service to put a decent shot on goal and cannot create shots at different angles on his own creatively as much as Cucho can.

RafaLarios repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho has a lot of swagger

I’m not a fan because he is another guy that seems positionless as he is not a 9 nor a winger

but it wouldn’t surprise me if he scores cuz he has that I’m gonna show you mentality

14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho in excellent form at the moment. This is his time to shine and step up for us

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Cucho won't see a minute of play. you can bank that.

Expect to see the usual Borre. And Lorenzo should be giving Cordoba or Sini some solid minutes before Cucho.

jay luis repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho has the most match fitness. Wouldn’t be bad to replace Arias. Doubt that Borre will be benched unless Falcao magically starts scoring every week for his club

17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Replace Arias for Cucho? just how do you see that these are 2 similar players? Arias offers a TON more positioning options and his work rate both on and off the ball, offense and defense are difficult to just swap with any player, let alone Cucho.

Also I'm not going to knock down MLS players but it's a hard league to figure out if being a stud there equates to grandness during a qualifier. Look at the Peruvian Ruidiaz who has has a stellar MLS career and can't find the net for his NT. I don't think we've ever seen anything noteworthy coming from an MLS call up. A few guys like Atuesta (no longer there) and Borrero have grabbed my attention as a possible good fit but both are injured.

Let's not forget Cucho wasn't in the last call up and just got in to this one based on Casierra's injury.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8718 HomietheClown, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    Ruidiaz is good but no one ever thought he was the best striker in MLS or an MVP candidate.
    He is also an old man.

Cucho is arguably the best modern #9 in the League, is an MVP candidate and is still only 24 with his peak years ahead of him.

But yes, Being great in MLS and then contrasting that by having the pressures and the defenses he face with the National Team is way different. Like a totally different sport.

That said, Duran was not as good as Cucho in MLS and he seems to be transitioning fine to the Senior team so there's that we can say about MLS.

RafaLarios repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We also have to remember Cucho was scoring goals against the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of the world so he has that on his resume too.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He scored those and then not score for 10 matches lol

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The narrative is though that if he is tearing up the mediocre League with defenses that are not up to par it is hard to try and predict how he will do against better defenses.

He has scored goals against very good teams and defenses as well so we have to take that into account too.

22. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If cucho plays, I hope plays like he has a point to prove. Because we need that hunger

RafaLarios, Azucarero, kromekote and 2 others repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the amount of time and space Hernandez or anyone gets in MLS is completely criminal and something absolutely no one would get in WCQ. Even against the more crap teams like Peru or Venezuela

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Put him in with 20-30 minutes to go when everyone is gassed and I can see that space happening in a hot/humid day. But Lorenzo starts to swap out at about the 85th minute.

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cucho fits better then Borre for how we have been playing, although we can question if MLS is a high level Borre has never been a big goal scorer and won't ever be which is also fine in the right system. They're different players Borre is good but not if we want him scoring a ton of goals and playing wide more, Cucho profiles much better but also is pretty good off the ball defending when needed. IDK Lorenzo does weird stuff and I doubt he drops Borre, but I'd much rather seen Cucho in our system then Cordoba who we really should only be using if we are down and want to fire crosses into the box.