Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I argue that it's more on us; after all, we were able to beat Argentina 2-0 at the 2019 copa America group stage because we finally had the balls to challenge and go for a win.

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And before that it was Crespo/Batigol walking all over us [emoji24]

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    as I watch Queiroz's Iran, I actually see his Colombia team. It's just the CQ way, it's how he is. I'd like to see him try this with a team with top defenders and see if there's a difference

lvbeto and dapip repped this.
  4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jesus when was the last time Ecuador made it out of the group stage? 2006 was the last time and it's embarrassing how they played better than most other teams only to once again not make it out of the group stage.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was warning people about Senegal before the WC started, they are real real difficult to beat, you need to make sure you play at the highest level possible because if they manage to score, it can be real difficult to come back. This was Ecuador's worst game all WC, they were great in the first two games.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they should have won the 2nd game…. Like us with England. Gave them too much respect and paid for it

2/4 or 3/4 of SA will be Ko’d. Hilarious is Argentina doesn’t make it

want us to be Ko’d too be funny 0/4 NA teams make it out.

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nah Argie will make it, everyone else though is out barring Brazil

8. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This could have been us, haha.

Quieroz futbol, that was pathetic. He doesn't have a good game plan for when down a goal. Bring in all your attackers, clog the middle and pray the ball makes contact with one of them. Watching Iran lob the ball from the half way line for a whole half, again, pathetic.

I was entertained though.

I feel for Ecuador. Didn't deserve to be out but they didn't get it done today.

Doogs repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    european football is so damn boring, makes me lol to see certain people on this forum act like Switzerland, Denmark and Serbia are amazing dynamic teams. Makes me grateful for teams like Ecuador and Peru

10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    England scores 3 goals in second half, 4 minutes of added time.

USA scores one goal in the first half and no goals in second hald. Second half has 9 minutes of added time.

:confused::confused:

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    USA/Holland might be pretty boring. LVG likes to just sit there and soak up the pressure and counter, he has no shame. Very likely that they'll score out of nowhere and then park the bus for the rest of the game.

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have to admit it that the Netherlands are oddly underwhelming so far at this world cup. Like yea they win but a lot of announcers are noting how boring they've played.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    God what entertaining matches today.

RafaLarios repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it's LVG's fault

crzdcolombian repped this.
  15. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morroco and Japan beig surprises today! They deserved to win their respective groups and advantage.

But man Belgium and Germany knocked out? Belgium have to be one of the most overrated/disappointing teams of this generation. You get 3rd place in the last world cup and you can't get out of the group stage? Many blame their coach for this.

Also people are excited seeing Germany knocked out but it seems to be just against teams who are LGBT supportive and less about just disliking the country.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man at one point Costa Rica had eliminated Spain haha I was like wow!! Impossible I made a joke yesterday with my wife that if I bet $100 on both Costa Rica and Japan winning someone would probably take that bet and give me 1,000k or more if it happened

17. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm starting to think Argentina might be blessed by the futbol gods. Australia in the next round. Followed by either US/Netherlands. I can't imagine they are too concerned.

Brazil's path to the semis doesn't seem too bad either, if they finish first in their group.

On other side of the bracket, this next round shouldn't be too bad for the favorites. The quarterfinals on that side of the bracket are looking to be great. England vs France, Spain vs Portugal. But a few African teams playing great to get in the way. African teams have been fun to watch. Memorable moments.

Obviously, I'm enjoying the tournament even without Colombia and all the social bs. But hey, just kick the ball.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LOL. I remember the histrionics here when Colombia lost to Japan in that opening game!

Is Brasil only team likely to qualify from group with 9 points this time?

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    France could have but they played their last game with subs. I expect Brasil to rest a few players too.

PS. Just checked the lineup and they're going with the bench in full.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They don't have that much upfront and the only exciting player they have, LVG won't play (Xavi Simmons). They rely on their defense because is their strength, unlike previous Clockwork Oranges that were stocked from the middle up.

Moriyasu is a master tactician and Japan fills the pitch so much with their speed, but they do it in an ordered and calculated way. OTOH, Luis Enrique is soooo overrated as a coach and make so many bad decisions: He lefts de Gea, Thiago, Iago and Gerard out, he finally starts Morata (and he scores!) and he subs him for the inconsequential Ascencio (not a bad player but he's no 9), and then he sends in Fati who he himself questioned for not being 100%.

2018 Belgium was very good and they failed because they lacked the experience in big tournaments, but 2022 devils are past their prime and many of the newcomers are way below their predecessors, with Hazard and Lukaku just collecting fat paychecks they no longer deserve.

Besides the controversy, I think that on paper Germany has a great team, lacking only a more polished 9 (although Fullkrug was a nice surprised), but Flick messed up with the tactics against Japan (playing 4 CBs against a team of speedsters) and they seemed to think that they were entitled to a berth in the next round; once they started playing seriously, they tied Spain and beat Costa Rica, but they gave up a full half in each game. Also, Neuer was soooo subpar in this WC with him to blame in 4 out of the 5 goals they received. If Flick had started Trapp, played with a conventional defense and infused more intensity in their team, they should have advanced.

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doku is pretty good but that’s it out of Belgians besides KDB

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yesterday Belgium looked like Colombia for pretty much most of this last cycle.

Missing way too many opportunities that should have gone in.

23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brazil will likely be the only team with max points.

I quickly checked past world cups

1994, 1962, 1958 were only tournaments where no one got maximum points.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So the first time (and last time) as a 32 team tournament if it happens.

25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That Lukaku finish looked like something Duván Zapata would have done.

RafaLarios and HomietheClown repped this.