Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude another Ecuadorian would seriously do this to him???

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I gotta be honest, I've had my skepticalism but thr more this escalates the more I begin to question and believe the claims...

Like you would naturally assume that they can effortlessly prove his status as an Ecuadorian and yet look at this.

They have around a week before their deadline.

sidspaceman repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha is he the only one they can’t do that for?

I mean if they are like give me the birth certificates of all the players who played on your nt. Will they quickly be able to do that for all but him. Or is it just something that is difficult?

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I mean that's a guilty plea right there. How could they field him without having proof first?

Period.

sidspaceman repped this.
  5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They're making his life a living Hell...like imagine if we were in this situation and one of our players who worked their asses off for us went through this??

Ecaudorians have every right to defend him and criticize their Federation to the fullest.

crzdcolombian and sidspaceman repped this.
  6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't follow that logic.

If a player fakes his ID he should deal with consequences (apparently this pre-dates this recent issue) and the Fed should too (they knew there were issues with his paperwork and fielded him anyway).

He knew his paperwork was bogus and could have nationalized and gotten kosher to play for Ecuador before taking a cap. That literally happens all the time with players getting themselves cleared to play for a country.

In truth, if his paperwork were legit this would have been resolved within an hour of it being raised. It just comes down now to how much FIFA cares about their own regs.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea.. calling 20 guys is a great idea :)

9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are Ruiz and Yaser hurt? This would have seemed a good opp to blood them.

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    playoffs

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ah!

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    3 more days before the deadline for Ecaudor to present their case. It's still throwing me off how they haven't made a statement/stepped forward already...

14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #6714 Rickdog, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Their greatest problem is that they know the player has had document problems since the begining of his time playing football for them, so given the fact there is a new claim in FIFA against them (first came from Uruguay about 7 years ago, over an age issue in an under-17 tournament, over the same player and others as well).
    Now, they currently have 2 possible arguments for defense before FIFA, and they can't agree which one to use :

1st argument : back up the player 100 % and say they did nothing wrong, where if FIFA doesn't believe them, both player and Federation team will get punished.

2nd argument : blame 100 % the player and act as if they were victims as well, so that they don't punish the Federation or its team, but the player gets all the punishment. FIFA might still not believe them.

There is a 3rd option, which is to ask for mercy.......But I don't think they'll go with this one. :cautious:
    Wouldn't be unlikely they take this second path. Although very unpopular among their fans, from a legal point of view, it's lots easier to defend

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After the judicial hearing, lets call him up and play for colombia. We can use a left back.

J-Mezzy and Froboy69 repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude.................

crzdcolombian and Tio Nicci repped this.
  17. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Technically if he's ruled as Colombian, shouldn't be a problem. But is he better than Fabra, Mojica?

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is cup tied he played 8 games for Ecuador.

I know it’s impossible but hilarious if they just ban Ecuador and we are 5th and he goes tot the WC with us :)

ecuadorians would kill the dude

but in reality. The Peru game is next week. It’s either Ecuador goes and gets a slap on the wrist the player is banned. Or they give the spot to New Zealand.

totally unfair to New Zealand to not make it for this nonsense.

or Peru loses to New Zealand somehow and def goes full force against Ecuador as well

19. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Again you're confusing for Australia as Peru right now is facing them.

But the deadline is 3 days from now and if Ecaudor is punished then FIFA will likely delay the playoff spot involving South America since the world cup isn't until the end of the year.

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not really.

Ecuador's current spot in the WC actually is a 100 % spot for Conmebol. If Ecuador gets punished, it will go to a Conmebol team. Or they give it directly to one team (best team on points after the forfeit of matches where the player played, in this case Chile; or the highest ranked team not qualified yet which would be Colombia), or maybe even have a playoff between Colombia vs. Chile for that spot

On regards to the interconfed playoff, the only thing that can happen is to give the direct spot to Peru (with them going to group 1 instead of Ecuador), and another Conmebol team (Colombia or Chile), replaces them in the interconfed playoff against a team from AFC (Australia or United Arab Emirates), for the spot in group 4 of the WC.
    ;)

But remember, first FIFA must punish Ecuador. If FIFA decides not to punish Ecuador, everything remains as they are, at present times.

Tio Nicci and crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well... the summer has been entertaining. I think I learned alot about FIFA's judicial process more than my 30+ years in existence.

Which is very little...in fact I don't think I learned anything from FIFA, other than there is no transparency like the Ambher Heard vs Johnny Depp trial.

22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't understand why Peru aren't putting up a fuss. They are playing their game like this isn't happening but they could make it an issue by joining Chile in the protest...

23. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because Peru hates Chile, and in their mind it's a if Chile Loses it's a Peru Win still.

24. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What makes you believe Peru hasn't said anything at all, on what is more convenient to them ?

Remember, FIFA told them to be part of the case, and no one actually knows what they have said or asked for, as it is all in the secrecy of the case.
    I strongly believe that they would prefer the direct spot and not depend on the result of the interconfed playoff.
    Besides on paper the group at the WC where Ecuador currently is, appears to be easier than the group to where the winner of the interconfed playoff will go to. Not only at group stage, but on the future stages of the WC as well.

As you correctly said, they sure must be playing their cards silently.

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ack! My bad I thought the game this weekend was their qualifier and I was surprised they were going ahead without a verdict.

If the verdict is due next week you are right they can cancel the match.