Colombia vs Honduras, September 3rd at Red Bull Arena

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Werdman89, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news...as-play-international-friendly-red-bull-arena

wow, shoot me in the face for the Colombia spelling, please correct mods, my apologies

2. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wonder who's going to Coach Colombia....:cool:

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    will try to go. very cool.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i live 3 train stops away from the stadium.

if anyone plans on going - maybe we can meet up for a beer...

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El revienta mujeres y los 11 petardos vs Honduras!!!

6. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    prefiero ir al Mohegan Sun el 10 a ver a Marc Anthony que ir a ver eso... No les digo... ya se olvidaron de la cochinada de Bolillo y van a correr a regalarle la platica a Bedoya... :(

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wish I could have been there.... :(

I don't know why the FCF still arranging frinedlies vs. teams like Honduras. I mean, with all the respect, and I'm the last one to disrespect any NT, it's not the same as playing vs. an European NT from level 1-2, South American NT like Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile and even a strong African side like Egypt, Ivory Coast etc. I know that we didn't do well vs. them in the last friendlies, but when Colombia played vs. Spain for example, we took the best from ourselves. When was the last time that we played friendlies vs. Argentina (2004) or Brazil? Why not to meet Italy, Germany, France?

8. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    that is an eazy question Pibe... we are very mediocre... at everything we do... we hate hard work... but yet we pride on what we are not! it is actually pathetic.

1 person likes this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    agreed if I hear another person on tv thank Lara and Bolillo for all they have done for the Colombian NTs, I am going to puke. Its like in Star Wars when the congress is cheering when the Emperor basically tells them he is now their dictator. :mad:

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Woah...slow down Crazy -> Palpatine is an evil genius -> Bedoya is just a moron.

Hadexxx - They only play up here every so often, so depending on the call ups, I 'd like to go...

That said, Honduran - Colombian matches can get nasty. I went a few years ago in Miami and took my wife. When the Hondurans went down they started throwing bottles in the stand at all the Colombian fans (who were not angels themselves chanting not the nicest things) and it was hella embarrassing all around...

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    was that the game in 2008 when we lost 2-1 in Ft. Lauderdale? i think Wason scored for us in that game.

i wonder if James will make his Sr. NT debut on the 3rd....

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Respect. Last time we beat Honduras was 10 years ago and we had play at least 5 times since. Not an easy team. As a matter of fact, the kind of team that give us problems. Not to mention that they actually went to the las WC and did not get their asses wopped that badly...

Well, this is not particulary mediocre, but on the rest I agree.

Ahora en vez de ser el equipo "cafetalero":rolleyes: vamos a ser los Wifebeaters. Very proud of this. :mad:

Bedoya is not Palpatine. Gonzalez is. Bedoya is just a puppet. Who was the one that actually spoke to the press to confirm Bolillo? Hopefully Leonel is Luke Skywalker... but I think it is too late and he has been seduced by the dark side...

And the rest, hell yeah, I'm not watching the Wifebeater's 11 no more, less paying for it.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dude I hate Leonel, nothing he can do will change that. Guy is a bitch, he proves it time after time. Reason they don't fire Bolillo is. 1. Lara sucks. 2. Tata Martino is too expensive or they can't steal as much money with him in charge. 3. Leonel doesn't have the balls to step and take this job. Call it what you want, being opportunist or a back stabber but in the Corporate world Leonel would still be an intern and happy about it. Guy is a punk itch.

We need a foreign coach as Colombian ones are conformist, and yes men.

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LoL aqui tan comparando Star Wars con la Federacion de futbol

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I prefer that the dictatorship just come out and say it. We own your ass and the Death Star(Our SNT) is in our control no matter What because Lord Vader (Bolillo) and emperor Palpatine (Bedoya) can do what ever they want like bitch slap and chock the shit out of chicks. Their is nothing the congress, womens rights groups, sponsors can say about it because we have complete control of everything.

The most annoying part is the people are so fing stupid they don't say anything. I still can't get past the fact that Bedoya last 2 WCQs said if we fail to qualify everyone should be fired and no one ever gets that fing pink slip !!!!

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm actually a huge fan of Colombia. I can't wait to see them in the next World Cup, hopefully we both gain something from this friendly.

17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, it was at the Orange Bowl I think...Never went up to Ft Lauderdale for a game...

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think it was 2005 in a GoldCup... That game was at the OB and I was there too.. It got a little ugly but cops stepped in right away and defused the fans with a few key arrests.

19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That sounds right!

20. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    New slogan!

"we can't beat soccer teams... but we can beat your wife!"

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hahaha estas buena esa

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just got my tix for the september 3 game - section 126 row 4; if any of you are going to the game hit me up, so we can grab a beer at the game..

23. corazonazul

corazonazul Member

Jun 29, 2007
    canada
    esa platica se perdio :s

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    game is going to be canceled how are we going to play w/o a coach?

Less than 2 weeks away and no players are called and we always have visa problems when we go to the US

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Martino arrives to bogota wensday