Colombia vs Ecuador - WCQ Round 15 - Sep 5, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do we still have a chance to qualify?

2. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    You said it yourself, his job is play. Not to dive. Don't blame Vizuete for palacios idiotic actions.

3. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    my friends we needed KAVIEDES , he has 2 goals for the NT hes is one of the leading scorers and he hasent played in ages. i would of put lara in , palacios is a piece of shit and so is tenorio always injured!. we played better when we were one man down, but i think if guerron was there would of been good, because of his speed , i wish he would get back to form

4. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    your post gives me an interesting idea. why not have kaviedes and guerron play together? i think if anything having them play in bolivia is a good idea. i know its a must-win game but who else is there? Tenorio is and will probably always be injured and palacios is some shit. If I where Vizuete i would at least consider calling one of those two up. Guerron shouldnt be too far away and as much as i protest kaviedes, he is one of the leading goalscorers. sadly.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this was the most upsetting game I've seen us play...and for us to get 3 points in La Paz is almost impossible. Everything rests on the game on Wednesday....all the results favored us and it sucks to see us in this situation.

my views on the game:

THANK GOD La Sombra Espinoza is not playing next game....THE WORST defender in our NT by far, i hope he never recieves a call after this. Both goals were completely HIS errors. It's even his fault we lost against Brazil and Paraguay...that man needs to go. Cevallos, Hurtado, and the rest of the defense is not to blame. They did their part...

Palacios is an ignorant for faking a fall...but we were better without him then with him. I seriously think Jefferson Montero would have been the best option to replace Tenorio.

Tenorio believes hes always healed when hes really injured and just injures himself even more. I bet he plays Wednesday and will be out by the first 10 minutes. And what the hell are we supposed to do now? Believe that el mamon Benitez and Rojas (both who do not have center forward characteristics) are gonna be the answer to winning in La Paz?? And to top that off almost all of our players have yellows...one more and they won't be playing against Uruguay. (not that it really matters, unless we actually manage to defeat Bolivia).

All in all, this was a huge upset. Everything went wrong.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Kaviedes?!

that dude hasn't played a professional game of soccer in over a year!!! Last time he played was in that Copa del Pacifico in January 2008 right before he gave himself the boot from Liga. He's been trying to get on a team with no avail because of outstanding debts that nobody wants to pay off...this dude MIGHT have been an answer if he was actually playing, but not now.

7. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    shit nevermind, i thought he at least had a team.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It'll be a miracle if we win in La Paz....especially with no forwards....we have not one damn forward...

9. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota
    man, good luck with that mentality....uruguay lost both cbs to peru with lugano (yellow cards) and Godin (red card) OUT AGAINST colombia but they will be back and with a clean cheet of cards for the game against ecuador in quito (with one yellow for each of the remaining two games uruguay is going to eliminate ecuador and argentina)

personally i hope both colombia and ecuador qualify but i guess we shall see on wednesday

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This would be awesome

11. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lmao @ people trying to bring back kaviedes...... lets bring tin and de la cruz back while we are at it. lol and about the game idk wat to say because palacios did score a goal on argentina so vizuete thought he should give him another chance but how was he supposed to know that he would ******** up big time. We didnt play bad because u could tell dat the pace of the game was what ecuador wanted. but that ref gave palacios that red card mostly for wat he did to vargas than the dive. he probably saw how bad the injury was so the ref was just waitin for palacios do something stupid so he could take him out of the game. now we need uru-col to end up in a tie nd we need to GOLEAR!!!! or else no WC...

12. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    anyone know why the f_uck Ayovi was playing defense???? i dont get it...we have so many defense players when ayovi should be playing central mid (playmaker 10), and i agree that montero could have done it for us....kaviedes is not really the answer, but the idea of nationalizing bieler (or manso?) does catch my interest somewhat...where is bolanos and guerron? who is suspended for the next games? thats what im asking.....we'll need a hard fight in la paz, and goals. Here's my lineup: Elizaga, Fleitas, Hurtado, Sombra, Ambrossi, Valencia, Ayovi, MendeZ, Noboa, Montero/Benitez....good luck tricolor dont let us down

13. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

umm quick question..is smart to play elizaga in the alittude of la paz??? him being argentnian and playing in emelec which is at sea level where there is no altitude....i just thought of that:eek:,hopefully he doesnt screw up like carrizo

14. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But he's been training in Quito for some days now, and he knows what the altitudes effect on the ball is like.

15. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    also, he played a pretty good game against argentina in quito :)

16. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    also i've lost even more confidence in cevallos after these showings

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    ya there were times where the ball was loose in cevallos is box,and hurtado couldnt get fast to it,and cevallos was no where to be seen:mad:,i swear he's scared of going off the line,both goals were actually savable,but he was caught unexpected with the second one,more than the first...i was actually worried when i saw him limping and,and on the floor,i thought mora was going to be substituted:eek:,porbably would have ended 5-0 with mora

18. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    come to think about it,he does have a good record in quito's altitude,ecuador's won every game with him as a starter in quito,against peru,chile,argentina,if only he had played against venezuela in quito those three points we could have had by now,and probably been highger up than the argies,and for some reason i feel that if elizaga played in medellin was it not for the foul against tevez,we may have at least tied,i feel safer with elizaga than i do with cevallos in net,we've seen the difference between playing cevallos with a bad defence and elizaga with a bad defence..any replies??

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought he made some great saves.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree that the ref called the game in Colombia's favor on several calls but that does not excuse Ecuador's poor game up front of the goal either.

The double yellow/red on Palacios was harsh but the way FIFA has been slamming divers lately I am not surprised. Palacios made a meal out of it and thats why the ref carded him. Harsh but not unfair.

The funny thing is Ecuador played so much better without him despite being a man down.

I won't blame the loss on the ref - no way. I blame it on Vizuete's poor tactics and Ecuador's inability to use their chances to score.

Colombia played sloppy and Ecuador could not take advantage of that. In the end, Colombia's Jackson's lethal touch won them the game. Colombia's second goal came due to ecuador's pushing forward looking for the tie.

If we are going to start talking about La Paz, let's start another thread. :)

Edit: Never mind - https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18723765#post18723765

21. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made some saves.. but he is a goalkeeper and that's his job... the first goal could have been avoided if he did is job right. Julio Cesar would have punched that shit out!

But it sucks... we lost playing well, Colombia won playing bad. Life is not fair when its about futbol sometimes.

22. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    didnt the italians do that one time? they called up a popular player that was in jail for a year and i heard it worked out good for them

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    has Kaviedes even touched a ball in the past few months??? no....he isn't match fit in the least. he won't be ready even in time for Uruguay....besides, he's totally fallen off the map...where is he now?

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Playing with Palacios is like giving the opponent an extra player. His entire contribution yesterday was giving Colombia several free kicks, allowing their defense to gain composure, and throwing himself down in front of the ref as soon as he got the ball in the penalty box for the first time. Geeez.

You are right, we did start playing better without him, but with the heat and field conditions it's just too easy to make a mistake with 10 players, and that's all it took.

25. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Maybe we should ask VH1 to make a documentary on him.

Where Are They Now: The Ivan Kaviedes Story

This Wensday at 6:00 p.m. E/T 5:00 p.m. C/T After the as$ whooping Ecuador gets in La Paz.