Colombia vs Ecuador - WCQ Round 15 - Sep 5, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Aug 12, 2009.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Agreed. But Palacios sucked balls the 20 or so minutes he played and I would NOT have minded Vizuete breaking that text book rule... ;) but I surely hope
    Vizuete never again calls him up to the NT because once again Palcios SUCKS!

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Why make changes? Ecuador played best when they were a man down. The 2nd goal only came because they pushed up for the equalizer.

Vizuete's mistake in my opinion was to sub in Palacios after is was apparent that this was going to be a sloppy match. He needed someone to help control the midfield to help dictate tempo (no, I do not know who that would have been). Funny thing was that Ecuador DID control much of the match after he left, despite playing a man down.

Once Tenorio went off, I would have played a 4-1-3-1 with Benitez up front alone.

3. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I dont know what to say really, it was a combination of bad luck and bad coaching... I still think Fleitas should've started but really the pitch conditions influenced the game a lot both teams had trouble controlling the ball and Colombias superior defense made the difference.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hungover? How can you watch a match of this importance hungover??

The remedy was easy...have a drink in the 1st minute, followed by another...

...and another and another!!!:D

By halftime, you would have been ok.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    as a consolation prize, i saw my university win their first football (americano) game of the season. but let me say that both teams underperformed completely. basically, ecuador does not control it's own destiny in the race to the finish because Colombia has an edge on us with GD....we NEED a win against Bolivia, by a goleada of 4 or more to outweigh the -4 that we have. Colombia has -2...we have to hope that Uruguay throws down 2 or 3 and clean sheet Colombia. As for today, the field was atrocious and our whole game look uninspired. I think we should have taken a gamble and put Montero in for Tenorio to try and control the midfield more...Palacios really laid an egg...I'm still not sure what the second yellow was for, the bar i was watching the game at didn't really give me a good angle from my seat to see the whole thing unfold. I'd like to hear what our bright spots in this game were....Even Valencia didn't inspire confidence today. ugh, i hate when we lose.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Diving
    Same goes for his performance at United. :mad:

7. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL yea bro fierce hangover and thats bein generous I woke up still hearin cowbells lol I coulda swore the team could feel my pain cuz they played like how i felt = shit, but hey I'll do it all over again next game but this go-around I'll start the 1st minute and go from there.

8. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    omg hurtado,reasco,and espinoza have to retire!!!:mad:,they cost us this match,on many occasions the colombianforwards would pressure without anyone defending them,f*ing incredible,and towards the end when that colombian did a flip flap on reasco and passed to the colombian to score,i was furious:mad:,como se dejan aser eso?..i think its as good as over for us,at most if were lucky we'll get a tie aginst bolivia,but with a defence like that i wouldnt even expect that!!

9. bkecua718

bkecua718 New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dam if Ecuador would have wone tonite we wuld b looking nice in 4th place...hey if we beat Bolivia on wednesdy we will b in 4th for atleast a few hours...

10. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That was not Reasco who got beat it was La Sombra. Looking back at the game yes Palacios sucked but I think the problem was the coach had to make a change bring in a defensive midfielder since we did not have one on the bench I would have Fleatas play left back and moved ayovi in front of him that way when they drop back we have a line of five in the back. Well my question now is who is since reasco, mendez and palacios (also tenorio b/c of his injury) play against Bolivia. We have to bring G. Guerron and L. Bolaneos for these games and find a right back in the ecuadorian league.

11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Mendez got a yellow? Ughhhhhhhh

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we'll put montero into a slot for mendez, as for palcios, rojas clearly takes the starting spot because at this point, risking tenorio is a liability in the form of a needed substitution. as for reasco, we'll have to slot ambrosi into that spot? i'm a little confused as to a plan of action on this one. guerron and bolanos will both get call-ups to the next 2 games after bolivia.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm fecking depressed...

14. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm wondering as to why we don't just drop tenorio alltogether. He's pulled this injury sh!t twice now, he won't start against bolivia, so why can't we just call-up guerron?!?... Send tenorio 'come gol' home... Guerron will play tomorrow at 3 por goltv.

Benitez-Guerron duo would be as good as it gets and the speed these two have will surely keep more than a few bolivians back.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How many chances did we have?

16. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    You shouldn't talk so fast next Time.
    ARGENTINA REALLY sucks, what a shame of a team, I was complainting of some colombian players but, after seen these argentinians, LOL!!!!

By the way last time Argentina lost in Argentina was another 5th of september, aganist COLOMBIA!!!!!:D... Remember little dumb??

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    these eliminatorias have been torture for ecuador becuz of lack of consistency,a few rounds were winning an tying,then the next we lose ,imtired of this honestly,ive given up on watching the rest of the games,now i know how venezuelans must have felt in the 98 qualifiers or 2002,and wth they refs shouldnt be south american because the nationalities screw up many of the results,what about using italian refs or french refs,or refs from another continent besides south america!seriously,we should watch out for venezuela their looking lethal right about now,and if we dont get our heads on straight,they could steal our spot,they tied chile in santiago!:eek:,they were beating chile 2-1 at half time!!

18. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guarantee you that Argentina will make the World Cup. Can you do the same with your Colombianitas? and So what if we lost against colombia. Than what happened? You embarrassed yourself in 1994 losing to a country that didn't even have a sawker league and than you Assassinated one of your players... LMAO..LMAO.. LMAO.. VIVA LA FaRc..Hey but you beat us :D We suck because we lost to Brazil.. That must mean that alot of other countries must also suck!!

19. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hate to say it but repped....not to mention the beating Ecuador gave them in Buenos Aires...I'm not bitter from the game today but Colombia will go nowhere with what they have...wednesday will tell all...make or break time

20. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is a tough loss... but Colombia is not going anywhere... and if we don't end up going to a world cup I highly doubt they will. Ecuador has a better team, but Colombia won rightly, and it's alright cus they were at home and took advantage of it and of our one man less. We couldn't take advantage in Quito and we are paying for it now. But we still have a better team, by FAR. The whole atmosphere before the game in Colombia, their press, and players was that Ecuador is a better team, and a lot of respect for our team. We showed respect as well, and like I said from a beginning, futbol is futbol one loses one wins.

Now I believe we have very high chances of beating Bolivia in Bolivia as their altitude has no effect on the team, and by the looks of the game they just played, they show no creativity and lack of offense paired with a very permiable defense.

Colombia have the very tough task of going against a blood thirsty Uruguay who are still in the fight and are seeking to take it all out on Colombia at home.

Venezuela is the big revelation!

Peru, and Brazil did both a huge favor to Ecuador !

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wrote a lot in the Colombian forum. What I have to say is that Vizuete knew the condition of Tenorio and decided to start him. Instead he could have started a healthy player but instead he did not. That was a mistake. Another mistake was to put Palacios. Why? Why not another player that is doing better? What is Palacios doing in Ecuador or Barcelona at this point? Big mistake. Palacios is a desperate man right now. Anything that he tries to do right now comes out against him. I do not blame him because his job is to play when he is told. All this is Vizuete's fault. If Ecuador does not qualify is because he does not place the players when he has to. Montero should have placed early or in the middle of the second half. Better yet, he should have played Montero instead of Palacios when he changed Tenorio. He is a young player and is playing well at this moment. Let's see what happens in Bolivia.

22. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wonder who will play in Bolivia. Does anybody have an idea? Who, if anybody will be called to play at the last moment? I have an idea. What is in Vizuete's mind right now? Who is Vizuete's mind right now? I wonder.

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Primo... I hope they put in the younger hungrier guys like Rojas and Montero .. and it looks like that in Reasco's place will be Ambossi. But Ecuador Mos def has the guys to fill in the starters' spots and they are just as good.

24. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the words... and good sportsmanship.. yea I know. We were playing better and then the Argy ref decided to eff us up in the second half and the whole game plan for the second was out the window in the heat of the game. Colombia's first goal was all credited to them alone. They caught our defense sleeping in the late minutes, which has become a habit, from then on there was a psychological hit and down the drain sadly.

25. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did I see coming? :mad: I saw it coming. Sad to say it, but I had a hunch our central OLD A$$ SLUGGISH defenders were going to F-uQ it up again in the dying minutes.

Playing better than Colombia, we lose- due to something that Vizuete still doesn't want to fix! Our CB's ! Que desgracia por Dios, teniendo mejor equipo, hombre por hombre y colectivamente nos dejamos hacer eso cuando por lo menos teniamos un empate garantizado.