Colombia in the GC [R]

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by MoRado, Jul 10, 2005.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    2 games, 2 losses

PAN 1
    COL 0

COL 1
    HON 2

One week ago i considered Colombia as one of the favorite teams to win the Cup, but now they are about to be eliminated, if they win by a lot of goals on their next game against T&T they might have a chance to qualify as one of the best 3 places.

what do you guys think? who will you blame?

2. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Re: What's wrong with Colombia?

1. We are trying kids in new positions.
    2. We are laughing at all those concacaf countries and we don't take them seriously and that is why they beat us.
    3. Terrible coaching, Terrible players taken.
    4. I guess we can say we are going thourgh change but this is just to embarassing.
    5. In preparation games we scored 7 goals, here we scored 1 and it was penalty...

3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

1. its a depleted squad.
    2. honduras was better

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

What's wrong? well the players suck, yea they are not the regular starters, but still they suck, don't know why Reinaldo even brought them, not winning is alright, but losing two in a row is depressing. We have relied on a strong defense, but that's only by having Yepes, Cordoba, Bedoya and Perea in the WCQ team, right now it looks like we have no replacements for them in the National team, all these guys are slow and don't bring any security to the defense. Up top the experience from JPA and Rey is clearly missing, all these guys couldn't score on the worst of keepers.

This tournament was seen as a good learning experience, and they are clearly getting one.

5. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

the defense was pathetic...

I see that Rueda is runned by empresarios... I don't understand why kids like Castrillon and de la cuesta are playing they are not even starters in the team. Mean while we have players like Perez being key players in Argentina.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

De la Cuesta is a starter in Cadiz, and in my opinion him and Chiguiro were the only two who played like their regular selfs, Mendoza was outplayed on both goals, too slow both physically and mentally, needs way more experience. A few sessions with both Cordoba and Yepes should help him, in these kinds of games we see how much we need people like JPA and Rey up front, they are in a mental state way above any other forward in colombia, maybe Edixon Perea is the only one who is catching up to them fast.

7. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

naaa Del a cuesta hasnt played this whole year in Cadiz.

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

being a starter doesn't mean you play the entire year, he has played several games, and took the central defender place from Paz, the regular starter, as well as scoring 2 goals last season.

9. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

entre a la ppagina de Caracol y busque en archivos escuche la ppolemica hay Mejia y los demas dice que no juega y que no lo deberian haber llamado.

10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway

I don't get why you're laughing at all of "those concacaf countries." You seem to think Colombia is some sort of powerhouse when you guys struggle in your own region and have trouble beating the likes of Venezuela and Bolivia. Colombia will be lucky if they qualify for the World Cup even with their best best players. Before you laugh at "those concacaf countries" you should realize that the US, Costa Rica and Mexico have not brought anywhere near their top sides yet they haven't stank it up like Colombia has.

11. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

y ahora me va a decir que por el perdimos? el equipo gana y pierde junto, todos perdieron los 2 partidos.....y se imagina donde si jugara más? el man sería un monstruo, ahi el que se vió muy mal fue Mendoza y Castrillon....esos dos no tienen nada.

12. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

I'm not laughing...we were laughing but now we're not..jesus man..pay attention before you're giving gossip.

13. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

yo no digo que perdimos por ellos pero no se puede decir que el juega muy bien..
    Perdimos por que el equipo se quedo...no nos pongamos a joder... 45 minutos regulares e igualito que contra los rebeldes nos quedamos...ud y yo sabemos que Moreno es un paquete yo lo sabia asi hubiera ttenido 2 partidos buenos. Pero respondame esto Moreno no jugara contra Uruguay...entonces a quien ponemos por que el esquema de Rueda en la seleccion se requiere de un buen engache

14. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002

I think he is realizing it was a mistake to be not taking CONCACAF teams seriously.

15. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

bueno pero los dos goles de hoy fueron errores de los dos.

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

first you said....
    and then you said....
    can you explain yourself? so are you laughing now? I don't think so....
    I think he wasn't gossiping, i think he was correct.

17. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico

the first couple of days before the tourament started i was a bit affraid of colombia, I thought they would even win the cup. Now the onlyt hing that I can say is that its the coach's fault, thats my opinion. (HARTFIELD YOU SPEAK SPANISH)!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

Maybe i didnt write it right. We laughed a those Concacaf countries and didnt take them seriously and that is why they beat us.

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

oh i see, well, that sounds better

20. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

i really think that what really counts is that the Coach took some really really bad players...well not bad but who are not playing... I can give you a list of players that should of gone but didn't and counter it by players that shouldn't be there.

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The only people laughing were you and minus, when someone posted that Panamá would tie Colombia 1 - 1, you said "Are you joking?" I warned you guys that the team we were taking was experimental, and that at best we would barely make it to the second round, but you and minus kept saying that with all the players Colombia was taking, we could even take the cup......

22. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

wait..you were specting to tie or lose to Panama?? Looking at the players it would seem we would win that cup with our eyes closed but we have realized that's not the case...

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I wasn't specting to lose, I wanted a win of course, but we have to be truthful to ourselves, the posibility of losing is always there, especially with the young and inexperience players we have now.....didn't our "true" senior side lose to Venezuela? this was Panamás and Honduras' best teams against one of our worst.....like I said in our forum, the last 2/3 times we have played with Honduras we've only mange to tied them.

24. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

True and the end of the day it's 11 vs. 11. Yea we lost o Venezuela when we were doing really bad thanks to maturranga and Venezuela was at their best.

Yes we have tied Honduras but we have never played them with our A team..didn't we play them in Copa America 2001?

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

yea, we 2 - 0, and like you said we haven't played against them with our "A" team since then, so what gave us hope to expect something better than a tie? I wanted Wason to score, and Arzuaga as well, but they didn't...why? they had their chances, and pretty good one, but it was inexperience that kept them from scoring....the guy from Honduras had 2 chances and scored twice, why? cause hes a more experienced forward when compared to Rentería/Wason. Put Arzuaga in Barranquilla/Junior, and he scores like crazy, but he had never played in Miami in an official tournament.