College Soccer .com Website

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by 3SoccerSons, Aug 8, 2002.

1. 3SoccerSons

3SoccerSons New Member

With the 2002 collegiate season rapidly approaching this month, does anyone have any info on whether the "collegesoccer.com" website will be restored or replaced? If not, what will take it's place for daily information?

2. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    Someone posted a link awhile back to collegesoccernews.com, I'd say go there for now. Someone also said something about collegesoccer.com being kaput.

3. expert

expert New Member

Oct 16, 2000
    Philly
    just read that the college soccer scores and schedules will be done by the NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Assoc Amer).
    www.nscaa.org Haven't check yet myself, but it was in Soccer America

4. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Yep

This is right on...the article did say that they were close to providing same day scores for all schools. So there probably won't be updates while the games are in progress, AAAAGGGGGHHHHH! Maybe we should all write in a start pushing for webcasts from all of our favorite schools...

5. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    the collegesoccer.com website was mostly a redirect of www.soccerinfo.com.
    The fastest access to college scores will still likely be www.soccerinfo.com

6. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    There needs to be a better way to get soccer scores faster. I always wind up going to the school's websites, which aren't always updated quickly (uva's usually is pretty fast). If someone wants to start a website and get people from every big soccer school to call them with scores or something, I'll give you a dollar.

7. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    You can volunteer to update scores at soccerinfo.com. Or bug the SID or coach to get somebody to do it. A lot of schools don't have anyone doing this.

8. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    soccerinfo.com

Soccerinfo.com really is a tremendous resource. We're very fortunate to have it, and it is very comprehensive. There are very few schools who's scores aren't posted.

I for one will miss collegesoccer.com. I'm still hoping it can be brought back from the dead. It had profiles, etc that weren't available from any other source.

9. Courtney

Courtney Member

May 14, 2000
    Massachusetts
    When I went to the UVA schedule earlier, I found a service that sends you text messages to your cell phone with final game scores from any college team/sport you want. It doesn't cost anything more than a regular text message would.

http://www.fansonly.com/wireless/

You have to go through it and tell it what you want. Hopefully it will be a pretty quick way to get information.