College Showcase,why in College Station

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by tjdsocc, Dec 2, 2007.

1. tjdsocc

tjdsocc New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Why would the NCAA bring the showcase to college station? You cant fly into that location, you make travel teams trying to show well for coaches stay an hour or more away from the fields? Have the event in Raleigh, location, hotels, fields just much better. The whole thing needs to be revised. Thoughts from anyone?

2. CaliforniaSoccer

Mar 21, 2006
    The NCAA doesn't have anything to do with the showcase, it is put on by the Texas Challenge, who figured it would be good to hold a tournament since so many coaches will be there that weekend. I have heard very mixed reviews about this tournament, there are plenty of showcases through the year including one in Raliegh, I would put those ahead of this tournament.

3. tjdsocc

tjdsocc New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Thanks for the update. Great for the college teams but for the travel groups, I know from some I have talked to what a nightmare it has been. Looks like Raleigh has double the number of coaches.

4. Tnarg

Tnarg New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Raleigh was extremely well-attended by college coaches. There were more than those listed on the pre-registered list, also. Too bad the College Cup was held there again this year -- it was a bit warmer than last year. Not much, but a bit.